It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us back in nuke production ?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Before looking after Iraq's WMD .. look after your own !

www.iraqwar.ru...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

Before looking after Iraq's WMD .. look after your own !

www.iraqwar.ru...

Mokuhadzushi do u want to know what kind of answer are u gonna get??? that US will use them for good...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
More info about US back in nuke production:

www.themoscowtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
But they will be used for good!

No, I agree, America should disband their entire nuclear program. I don't think any country should have nukes.

America never agreed to disarm all their WMD. Iraq did.

America wouldn't use them as a means to take over another country.(they just don't need anymore land) Iraq tried, but were stopped.

WMD were only one of many reasons for invading Iraq. I will not list them again, because you have seen them enough times, you should know them by heart.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
www.themoscowtimes.com... & www.iraqwar.ru... .

2 non-biased website where we'll find THE true, only THE true.

dom

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Although if you actually bothered to read them, you'd realise that the second article is quoting the LA Times.

One more example of completely disregarding anything which hasn't been spoonfed to you by CNN or FOX...

dom

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And here's a quote from the latimes article...

"It is a sign that after a long period of decline, the weapons complex is back and growing," said Jon Wolfsthal, deputy director of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and a former Energy Department weapons expert. "To the average U.S. citizen, it would be accurate to say we have restarted the production of nuclear weapons."

www.latimes.com...

(You have to register to read the story, if anyone really cares I'll post it here so you don't have to stick all the fake info in the register form)

I thought I'd just dig out the actual article so that you couldn't turn round and claim that the moscow times were just lying about it all...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Did you just ignore my post! How dare you!

Really, it makes sense, doesn't it. Not all us conservatives are macho-weapon-freaks. America doesn't need nukes to defend itself. No one would dare to try taking out America. (no one worthy of the job, that is)

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I seen reports a few months back that the U.S was going to resume making nuclear bombs. The article said they were planning on making 'mini' nukes. Like it was okay because they would be small...

"AWww.. Look at the little nuke! Isn�t it cute? He wouldn't hurt a fly!"

What in God's name do they need more for? Aren't the thousands upon thousands they already have enough? Is this just another example of Americas poorly thought out foreign policies of late?

If they are using this as some kind of scare tactic then it is highly irresponsible, and almost childlike in its motivation, malevolence and implication. It is looking fairly evident that America wants to keep the world in this grip of paranoia, and almost seems to want to foster it. Every time things start slowing down or moving in a positive direction, they throw something like this into the equation.

dom

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sorry Joe, I was just annoyed by ultraphoenix using his typical blindly patriotic filtered glasses once more.

I have to admit that I wasn't entirely sure what point you were trying to make. Could you clarify?

The nuclear non-proliferation treaty of 2000 does indeed state that new weapons development is not on, so the US are already potentially in breach of yet another international treaty... but as you said (hopefully sarcastically), [sarcasm] they'll only be used for good [/sarcasm].

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
That mini nukes thing is the usual cover-up when they are arming. Hirochirac said the same thing years ago...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I meant that America never agreed to disarm. So the argument that they are producing nukes is not really that effective.

Sure I believe America should get rid of all WMD, but I'm only one person in millions.

I doubt they will even use them. What good would it do? They're not backed up in a corner. They have no reason to use them.

How's this, If America uses any nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons without good cause;(and it better be really good) I will become a Democrat. I will abandon the ways of the conservative,(the ones I have) call up Rush Limbaugh,(on his show) and attempt to prove him wrong.

And you know how hard that would be. I'd look like a complete idiot.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
"They have no reason to use them."

They create their own reasons now....

dom

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well, if America are never intending to use these weapons, why waste time developing them. They've beaten Russia, who else in the world is getting anywhere near close to the level of armaments that the US have?

Why waste billions of dollars developing new weapons? Unless.. they're developing smaller "tactical" nuclear weapons, that they think they might be able to get away with using.

Just because the US can, doesn't mean the US should.

Plus, the US have agreed to disarm in the past (to a certain level of armaments), and they've also agreed to stop developing WMD's. But there isn't really any big country that are going to attack the US for breaking those treaties, so I guess we might as well just live with the hypocrisy...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh, I wasn't aware the US agreed to stop producing. But, as I said, they don't need them.

I agree with you on this one, they should stop producing, and start destroying. Unless they have an unknown reason to keep producing nukes.
*points to the sky and starts whistleing the x-files tune*

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Production = Contractors
Contractors = Invoices
Invoices = Large Campaign contributions (Republican)
Campaign Contributions = More purschased Elections
More Purchased Elections = Republican Power

As with anything Bush, follow the money & you'll find the real motive ( after you cut away the wrapped-in-the-flag-ordained-by-God misdirection)

"But critics question whether the Bush administration is going overboard in its investments into the nuclear weapons complex. Thomas Cochran, a scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council, said the government is now spending about $6 billion annually on the nuclear weapons complex, 50 percent more than it did during the Cold War. "

www.detnews.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Production = Contractors
Contractors = Invoices
Invoices = Large Campaign contributions (Republican)
Campaign Contributions = More purschased Elections
More Purchased Elections = Republican Power

As with anything Bush, follow the money & you'll find the real motive ( after you cut away the wrapped-in-the-flag-ordained-by-God misdirection)

"But critics question whether the Bush administration is going overboard in its investments into the nuclear weapons complex. Thomas Cochran, a scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council, said the government is now spending about $6 billion annually on the nuclear weapons complex, 50 percent more than it did during the Cold War. "

www.detnews.com...

And the Democrats come out looking like the good guy, riding their pearl-white horse, carrying a golden scepter of America�s blessing. Seems to me that neither party is very good. Tisk, tisk, we shant blame it on the Republicans now, shant we?

How do invoices equal large campaign contributions?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
www.themoscowtimes.com... & www.iraqwar.ru... .

2 non-biased website where we'll find THE true, only THE true.

LOL!! Well, look who is using them as reliable sources?!?

Joey, you really might want to think about your position. The ownership of nuclear weapons by the U.S. ensured that the Soviet Empire failed. Our ownership and usage of nuclear weapons in WWII ensured the war ended before we had to try and assault the mainland, where they were mobilizing every Japanese to fight us. This saved lives all he way around, but most importantly, it saved more American lives. I say that because we were the good guys and they were the bad, remember?

The possibility that Israel might have nuclear weaponry gives the Arab nations cause for pause.

There is alot of difference between nations like the U.S. and Great Britain, and nations like North Korea, Iraq under Hussein and Syria. Most people (Except for folks like Moku) can understand this. We are very unlikely to turn into one of these types of nations. And if we do, I'm sure God will see to it that we are destroyed, smashed against the rocks.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I do believe that the US should disarm and disband the nuclear program. I also think that China and Russia should do the same, along with all the countries of the world.

Of course, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The Moscow times is actually a stellar news source - don't have a knee jerk reaction based on the name, but look into the number of deaths, raids, and imprisonments their editorial folks have endured because they started in 'less than Glasnost' times, and they wanted to get the truth out.

Joey
You're too young to pick a party stance - go independent and research every vote on merits. Invoices get paid, in this case, with 6 to 8 zeros after a number.

As for using 'nukes', search threads on DU shells, Depleted uranium. Then try and tell me that we have not 'nuked' anyone since Japan.......right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join