It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting with antici
pation...

Something's got to give..

Roll on the 24th

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Was just thinking...

Are you lot under orders to cover the olympics or have you been asked?

If you've been asked then that's a bonus if you all decide to walk out

You're not bound by an order..

JAK

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Just learned that one of the decision makers on disbanding these regiments is visiting 2RRF (one of the regiments being disbanded) tomorrow in Celle, Germany... He is expecting a march past... The boys are going to *ahem* give him something else..

Did anything happen here? I couldn't find anything mentioned online.

Originally posted by EvanB
They would not dare to touch the NHS..

I'm not sure why you would make such a statement? NHS Cuts Route Finder

This map allows you to view important information about growing privatisation in the NHS.
-Red crosses show cuts or planned cuts.
-Privatised or closed facilities are under the life support sign.
-Yellow markers show facilities that are out to tender or under threat of privatisation in the near future.
For more information please see www.keepournhspublic.com

Just a fraction of the info from the link:

Milton Keynes Hospital
Planning to cut 280 posts

Chase Farm Hospital, Enfield
Plans to close A&E and consultancy-led maternity units.

Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup
A&E and maternity units closed,

King George's Hospital, Ilford
Plans to close A&E.

St Cross Hospital, Rugby
A&E downgraded to minor injuries unit,

Hastings and Rother PCT
Plans to cut 150 posts.

Fylde Hospital, Blackpool
450-620 posts to be axed. 55 staff already cut.

Heart of England PCT
Plans to cut 1600 jobs.

Northern Ireland
1500 posts already cut, up to 4000 more expected to be cut.

Derbyshire Mental Health Services
350-400 full time posts to be cut.

NHS Lothian
Plans to cut 2000 posts, hopefully without compulsory redundancies.

Wesham Hospital
Hospital will be closed.

George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton
Plans to cut over 100 beds, as well as 127 nurses, 48 other clinical staff and 82 administrative workers.

Coventry & Warwickshire PCT
Plans to cut 450 frontline staff plus hundreds of back office and support staff.

Wigan Hospital, Wigan
350 staff to be cut.

Kent and Canterbury Hospital
Birthing centre closed.

Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Now under private ownership, being run by Circle under a 10 year contract.

2gether NHS Trust (Mental Health Foundation Trust)
Expects to cut equivalent of 217 full-time staff.

Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (Mental Health Trust)
Expects to cut equivalent of 80 full-time staff.

Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
504 full-time posts to be cut.

Winchester and Eastleigh Healthcare Trust
Maternity services suspended.
I don't understand your statement above.

Also, despite the tongue-in-cheek tone, I'm very much in sympathy with Extraliens' position on G4S. I know there are those currently serving who are unhappy with the Olympic security situation (although it seems that the majority of the gripes stem from personal grievances as opposed to the wider social implications) but it appears to me the army will be going in there to cover the shortcomings of current govt. in regards to the increasing cuts/privatisation of the police. Any whispering of a public display of dissent over this action, or will the army be quiet and do their part in helping to pull the wool over the eyes of the public?

(Just a little FYI: To any who may be about to offer the army involved in politics argument in reference to the last point; considering the topic here I think that ship has sailed.)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

No, the lads sucked up their pride and marched through Celle with colours flying and heads held high .. However the troops anger is heading a full steam and restrictions on actions like striking and marching have disappeared..

Online there are literally thousands of serving and ex serving troops who are preparing to demonstrate in London.. If I were an NHS/public service union I would take a lot of note and join in too..

This government has lost all governing legitimacy.. Not that it had much anyway, and action needs to be taken..

I fully support the NHS and hope they take heart that the troops are behind them, or in front of them too..

As for the G4S thing.. There is a LOT of anger about it.. But what are we supposed to do.. NOT protect those we are sworn to protect?? There is talk that the march will take place after the olympics is over.. Reason is because of our own security... However once H-hour is called.. It is on...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Put it this way guys.

If you don't do anything then we're gonna be seeing more of this real quick:

www.guardian.co.uk...

Now G4S has its sights on the UK's police service. Last month, when the 17 members of the West Midlands police authority gathered in the main committee room at police headquarters in Birmingham to discuss the biggest police privatisation deal to date, G4S's bid was near the top of the pile. If the proposals go through, the successful firm could be handed contracts to investigate crimes, carry out forensics and run private "prisoner removal units", as part of a £1.5bn deal that includes Surrey police.

PRIVATE police, private contractors with LOTS of power.

Do anyone of us want 'prisoner removal units' or private police???

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Yet quite ironically as woody has pointed out;

It comes amid fears that private contractor G4S would not be able to provide enough trained staff in time.

The armed forces were already providing some 13,500 personnel - this could now reach 17,000, meaning summer leave for some troops will likely be cancelled.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...

You really couldn't make it up.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Thanks for the links Freeborn.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The Police service being privatised cannot happen, it has to be stopped now.

CX

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Sky are quoting 20,000 now...

The armed forces have been told to find an extra 3,500 personnel to protect the Olympic Games to cover a shortfall in recruitment by a private security firm just a fortnight before the games open.

The extra personnel, the equivalent of an infantry brigade, means that 20,000 servicemen and women will be on duty - that is a fifth of the Army.

More Troops On Standby For London Olympics

CX.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

It was always going to have a large amount of troops, but they ballsed up their assessment of their needs and a few months ago there was a furore over the extra troops required. The 20,000 includes members of the Navy and RAF as well (including reservists), so the Sun is disingenuous by saying it is a "5th of the Army".

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So the security company that holds the contract for the Olympic games has fallen short of staff. Who on earth will cover the 2500 or so jobs that haven't been filled?....I know, the army!! Oh...and not just any old unit...the Fusiliers will be there. After being told last week that 600 of you are no longer needed to make the army work, however, can you bail us out for this little project that has gone tits up!! It doesn't end there. Their leave has been cancelled to do it, even after just returning from abroad on exercise!!!!!

You cannot make this crap up..

Seriously!!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I hope each and every one of you have got several aces up your sleeves..

Play them at the right time..

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

EVERYTHING is being played out at the moment... But there is a time for everything..

Ecclesiastes 3:

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yup, couldn't agree more...

What will be, will be

all in good time.

CX

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Anyone heard any more about this? Been a few days now since anyone posted anything.

Is it still going ok Evan? Has anything been said in camp? By that i mean has anyone been warned against this march?

CX.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I ____________ swear by almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her heirs and successors in Person, Crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her heirs and successors and of the Generals and Officers set over me."

The end.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have a friend who is in the British army and he says he has been called in after this G4s disaster. he was telling me how the soldiers are having to sleep in cots in an air craft hanger where as the G4s staff where set up in hotels/b&bs. the lad in question was set to be on leave aswell over the olimpic period. another catastophic waste of tax payers money!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

The Police service being privatised cannot happen, it has to be stopped now.

It is being stopped. Please assist in any way you can. Police are grossly overworked, insulted at every turn, (sometimes with good reason, more often without), and morale is at an all time low. ANY show of support will help. Antiwinsornetwork T shirts, stickers on your car, a smile, a wave or a word of encouragement will all help at this critical time. Posting supportive comments on the many anti-police stories in the media is another way to improve our situation. I'm even trying to be supportive of police generally in my comments on the Tomlinson case. And I'm the guy who drove around the country with TOMLINSON'S LAW spray painted in blood red on the side of my car.

You will find useful links relating to this subject on my youtube channel. www.youtube.com...

Getting back to the topic of this thread.....

IT'S TIME FOR A COUP!
edit on 20-7-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Tomorrow morning (24th)
Plymouth Hoe
10.45 at the war memorial then to march on to the council house to stand for an hour..

I WILL be there !!!!!

Front page of todays Plymouth Herald;

Plymouth mum's protest as soldier son faces redundancy in Government cuts;

A PROUD mum whose serviceman son is facing the threat of redundancy says he will be 'devastated' if he gets the axe.

Sharon Privett, who will tomorrow attend a peaceful protest in Plymouth, says the situation is "totally unpatriotic and shameful".

www.thisisplymouth.co.uk...

Wake up, stand up and be heard... it's time to let TPTB know their time is up...

Just heard on the radio that "citizens" will be holding protests all over the UK.. The MSM is keeping this as low key as possible and not mentioning too loudly that its the soldiers that are a big part of the "citizens"..
edit on 23-7-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Can people please stop calling for a coup? Who would replace the government? How would it all work? Anarchy? Military despotism? Fascism? No thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join