It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
With the current round of cuts in the armed forces including the loss of several historic English regiments the troops, both serving and ex serving, have had enough...

We are organising a march on London to give the government what for.... If you want to piss someone off, best not do that to battle hardened British soldiers...

These regiments have 400 years of tradition behind them, much blood spilled under those colours... This will not stand...

On the plus side, with my conversations with the lads, they have woken up to the fact that our government is the REAL enemy... It is also good to see that many lads are coming on the march too..

This will get messy..

For Camoron..

Two Words..ABOUT TIME! I am very pleased to hear that the army will be taking this to London. I am APPPALLED by what the Govt has done. It is a slap in the face for all of you who have put their lives on the line protecting the likes of me and everyone else in the UK. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for protecting me and the nation. You have my respect and absolute support a zillion times over on this protest march. Wear your best unforms and medals and of course regimental colours with pride and show those buffoons in Parliament what you feel about this.

It is so arrogant of the Govt to cut back on all our armed forces when at the moment there is an increased likely hood of another World War on the horizon, the much dreaded WW3, given what is going on in the Middle East right now. If anything the Govt should be expanding the armed forces, quietly and without fuss. And what if Argentina decide to have a mega hissy fissy and make a grab for the Falklands again? With all these cuts and your brave service personnel stretched to the limit in other battlefields, the UK would be very hard pressed to send a Task Force to sort things out.

I am sickened by the betrayal by our Govt of the Armed Forces. We are a permament member of the UN, troops will be needed for UN duties too or civil defence emergencies at home, ie extreme weather, earthquakes, that sort of thing. I will happily support any petition you get started too. Just post the link and i'll gladly sign it.

I wish you, all of you the very best of luck. You are our Knights in shining armour keeping Britain safe from enemies domestic and foreign. I and so many other civilians are right with you on this. I am sorry our so called PM have lost sight of that. I will be marching with you in spirit and cheering you every step of the way! Rule Brittania and huge cheers for all of our armed forces. I salute you all.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
It behoves us all, soldiers, students, workers, unemployed, the disabled and the able bodied to stand shoulder to shoulder with our sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers that make up this fine country and with a single force of will proclaim, "ENOUGH!"

Agreed. I'd personally prefer it if we did a Tahrir Square and just took over the capital until Cameron was ousted. He thinks nothing can stop him, but if that happened he'd be out eventually, same with anyone else if their people took the capital and stayed. These leaders think they rule us but it really is an illusion. If you think that's wrong, watch what happens if your capital is taken over by hundreds of thousands of protestors who won't move until there's a change of government, then you'll see the truth.

Sick of fake leaders working against their people. They're the real enemy, not some supposed terrorists halfway around the world.

I'm personally anti-war, but it feels great to be with the military on this one because I know they won't put up with any crap when they get down there.
edit on 5-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I have to apologise to the British public for not acting sooner... We let you down big time..

We wont do that again..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I wish you, all of you the very best of luck. You are our Knights in shining armour keeping Britain safe from enemies domestic and foreign.
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

We have not done a very good job on the domestic front... Wont happen again..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Good luck guys and well done!

Will be watching from Australia

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Good luck guys and well done!

Will be watching from Australia

Cheers

Will keep you updated..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Brits dont have it that bad, despite the fact that a portion of their tax goes to the blue blood, who essentially do nothing, as far as I know. How about you encourage the forming of a regulated well armed militia instead, if you think the people need to protect themselves against the government?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbeit

That is true, though still does not make it right.
Just waiting to see how much the gov decides to spend on privately hired companies to take the place of regular military units, that will be a scary moment for us all.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
reply to post by Arbeit

That is true, though still does not make it right.
Just waiting to see how much the gov decides to spend on privately hired companies to take the place of regular military units, that will be a scary moment for us all.

Wont happen

This government has just been served notice by the military...

God bless us all..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Militia's do not have the countries consent.. Neither do PMO's.. Nor private policing... WE are ruled by consent.. They do not have it now...

THEY are f**ked..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Oh FFS...

For the record, the Monarchy costs us nothing. A simple mathematical exercise would show you this:

Crown Estate income (£300 million ish)- Civil List costs (£40 million ish) = A huge wedge of money for the Treasury.

Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking crap, be they the ones who say it costs each taxpayer 12p a year, or the one's who claim it costs us millions. Most who comment on this don't have a clue as to the history of the Civil list or the Crown Estate and just assume the Government gives them a big box of cash.
edit on 5/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I wonder why this is not front page.... 44 flags etc... Makes you wonder hey??

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
so are we going to have live leak videos posted on here or what?

If this goes according to plan this will be the best thing to happen in 2012 for the British people. lets just hope the movement doesnt get infiltrated and perverted.

when is all this going down by the way??

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This whole thing is pretty damn shameful considering how much the gov is spending on the Olympics alone, not to mention pay outs to crooked bankers and even letting some off with huge fines (in the millions range) for not paying their corporate taxes!
Next up is the amount spent on G4S which looks like it wants to take over every aspect of 'security', for a price of course.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Would it be historic precedent if this happened?

Whilst I am happy for anybody to protest I must admit the thought of the army demostrating makes me feel uneasy for some reason.

Do you need permission from higher ranks to do this?

Is the a large level of discontent at all levels?

Is this a prelude to a coup de tete?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrFaustus

The Army isn't allowed to go on strike, but as far as I know they can protest as much as the rest of us. It is almost unheard of though....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I support you and your fellow countrymen 100% i wish you the best in your march.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wow...

Kudos, Agent... we're on the same side of the fence! Let's be really dangerous and hug

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrFaustus
Would it be historic precedent if this happened?

Whilst I am happy for anybody to protest I must admit the thought of the army demostrating makes me feel uneasy for some reason.

Do you need permission from higher ranks to do this?

Is the a large level of discontent at all levels?

Is this a prelude to a coup de tete?

Very historic..

We are not allowed to strike or be a part of demonstrations..

Many troops will be on disciplinary's

But we dont care....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by EvanB

I support you and your fellow countrymen 100% i wish you the best in your march.

I nearly choked on my jam and toast..

Cheers mate

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join