It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Break From "Alternative Thinking"....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What an experience this has All been....

My thoughts twisted and turned until I cannot even recognize what is original and what has become...

I've visited this site for some time now....off and on since around 2005. Probably more regularly from about 2007 until the present time.

Sometimes I think I got a better education just visiting this site than I ever did through my years of "higher education".

Actually, I don't just think it...I know it to be true. Sad... but, so true.

However, I noticed myself becoming someone I didn't quite understand....or even know.anymore.

The more the constructs of my world changed, the more I changed. The more I learned about the constructs of my world, the more complex it all became to me.

But, it was the complexity that made me realize the need for simplicity.

Sometimes we need to take a few steps backwards to see what direction we need to go towards....and sometimes it really is that simple.

Sometimes we just need to take a break to get a clearer perspective on Life.

That's all I had to say.....

carry on

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That's the problem with chasing rabbit holes, it gets dark and twisted and left down there long enough, we become like what we are chasing. I often wonder if my many years here had changed me outwardly. I know that it has altered my way of seeing things and I have to remind myself that sometimes I just need to let it go and be a part of the world. It's easy to become an observer and stay on the fringe and deny being a part of it all.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Why do i want to go be in the world? I have zero in common with earth people.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well at the end of the rabbit hole, is another rabbit hole.

I've never actually seen a rabbit hole, but I've seen what they do to the minds of others. Mind altering things they are.

And sometimes you're alice, others you're the mad hatter...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
well put!

I often find that the "mainstream" way of learning (for lack of better terms), often produces to many people with the same ideas and thoughts. They don't teach people how to learn, they just expect them to memorize the facts.

Many scholars can't accept any facts outside what they have learned, or what their learning corresponds to, because sometimes that information might conflict with what they think. Instead of weighing the information with what you already know and comming to a conclusion from that. Many higher thinkers
are too closed minded to see that being a researcher involves always changing your ideas and opinions, it shows a sign of growth. As you learn more your view on life should always change. It shows that you are always willing to learn!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

Agreed!

That rabbit hole can become very dark indeed my friend...I'm glad to have found a respite of light.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Jesus H....do you have any idea how often this thought has crossed through my mind? Too funny!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Precisely...it's never ending.

That realization is what makes it all so simple.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Why do i want to go be in the world? I have zero in common with earth people.

Here too. And I also lack any interest in reality (cell phones, video games, relationships, politics, false purposes, war, fine dining, dress up, spectator sports...).

top topics

join