It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

yeah okay. whatever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Beware of texting.
It's ruined many a great friendship, and the potential for miscommunication is enormous.
Unlike real conversation people get a sliver of an idea, and then they instantly react and mull over it for ages.
I'd phone her or speak to her, and go over what was said, because she might have said that, but perhaps meant it as a part of a much bigger context.

On the other hand, there are people with deliberate selective memory.
Some just prefer others forget certain things, and they will argue until a third person confirms it.
Real memory lapses also happen.

However, there are some people that enjoy causing a scene just for the sake of it.
The fact that she won't talk to you is perhaps a bit worrying if it persists.
If somebody made an allegation that I said something wrong which I did not, then I'd phone them immediately to sort it out in a calm and friendly manner.
Wouldn't that be the natural thing to do?

If she's faking deliberately she's dominating you, and she knows she's upsetting you.
I wasted years of my life on somebody like that.
They suddenly won't talk to you for some minor or unclear issue, and then just before you've had it, they come back all nice and sweet.
If that's the case then you're open to emotional abuse, and she's training you to be her victim.
Don't fall for it then, they will do it repeatedly and make your life an emotional hell.

If you ever had the feeling that she's jealous of you and makes subtle remarks to put you down to hide her own inadequacies (like on your looks, manner of dress, taste in guys) the alarm bells would start ringing for me.

I'd try something like: "Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, let's talk".
If that doesn't work I'd kick her out of my life pronto.
But every situation is different.

Star and flag, because I've wasted many hours on things like that, and it's not a nice feeling.
edit on 3-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It was not a text. It was calling on the phone when he verbally said it. I later texted today to let him know I did trust him unconditionally. then he was all 'wtf i never said that'.. xD

So no, I was literally ON the phone. We're talking now and seems all is fine. Neither of us are bringing it up so I'll just leave it for now. If it comes up again, I'll be sure to jump on it and ask what's up.
edit on 3-7-2012 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

OK great!

I think I misunderstood, because I thought it was one of your female best friends.

Well, glad you're talking again!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join