It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Mountain type Cloud..Scary...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

should u mention BoPhal?,,i mean technically,,was a cloud but,,

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

If this were anything like Bophal, I'm sure much of Lisbon would be littered with corpses. Same with a methane cloud or anything of the sort...people would be dead by now.

The interesting thing with a methane cloud is it could be producing lightning...but, again, it would be killing people and there would be no smell.

It's probably just smog in the middle of a lightning storm. Video/further descriptions from inside the cloud would certainly help.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I would be a sceptical conspirator about that cloud, it could hide the borg you know. You never know about them clouds.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVoid
I´ve been searching for ´´amonnia clouds on earth´´ on google.But everywhere i look it´s says they don´t exist on earth...

????????????????????????

edit on 3-7-2012 by SoulVoid because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2012 by SoulVoid because: (no reason given)

I strongly suspect the OP is smelling strong ozone odor emanating from a thick smog. Ozone has a very intense chemical smell not unlike that of ammonia and I can see how it would be mistaken as such.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

bingo,,,Ozone,,they smell the lightning in the air,,

well done.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

It would be quite the occurrence for ozone produced by lightning to form a cloud of smog this thick.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Don;t know if they call it this outside of Canada but here we call those "Chinooks". Caused by the mountains, happens almost every night..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Don;t know if they call it this outside of Canada but here we call those "Chinooks". Caused by the mountains, happens almost every night..
reply to post by PegCity420

Like i said...No mountains near for miles..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

yes, rolling, thick,gaseous cloud,, (smog ? not yet confirmed as smog, only conjecture,,)
being pushed ahead of a lightning, storm,,
its a guess.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVoid

I believe fog is low level cloud.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That's very interesting. Has anyone you know said anything about feeling sick at all besides the having a hard time breathing? Headaches or anything?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PegCity420

As far as i know, a chinook is usually a warm wind in colder temps, occurring mostly on the eastern side of the Rockies.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
it's probably gone now but it would be cool to see video more close up or if one of your friends videoed it from inside the cloud. ozone does have an odd smell and if there is lightning it would smell like that. overall it does seem very odd. have you called the news stations?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
What would make a cloud smell like ammonia?

In many areas where mining is preformed, especially phosphate mining, they pipe in ammonia. Locally we've had those pipes rupture, leading to evacuations. I'm not sure how dense that the cloud from that would be though, as I've never witnessed it in person. People have also been known to intentionally attempt to tap the lines, causing a rupture, to steal ammonia for production of illicit substances.

Other then that, the only other thing that comes to mind is a cloud formed by volcanism. Volcanic activity can cause both toxic chemical clouds, as well as ash clouds, and have been known to produce lighting.

There can be other sources of chemical clouds caused by spills, but it would take a big accident to cause anything near the volume of what is pictured here.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There is a forest fire due east of you near Valencia Spain.
I'm not sure of the size of the fire, or distance, but its the only emergency showing up in the whole area.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Weather looks normal:
www.wunderground.com...

Humidity is kinda high at 89%.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVoid

Pretty awesome sky wonder there. Basically when you have a cloud on the ground that's called a fog bank. The one above is some sort of rain cloud. Looks as though two fronts met and the one is forced down by the other, making it appear that one cloud is riding on top of the other. Usually such gigantic fog banks are near the ocean...Don't know where you live. Pretty weird though. Never saw anything like it...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVoid I´m asking my friends who are inside the cloud if they can shoot a video of what´s happening and the thunder storm and send it to me so i can post it here..

So it was a thunderstorm. Probably was a wall cloud or shelf cloud

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This might sound crazy, but this morning I had a dream I was standing outside and filming these super low clouds that looked surreal...now this? lol

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVoid

Just weird..

I´m turned on the tv to see if it is on the news or something..

Note: I´m in Portugal..Lisbon.

You live in a port city, and you haven't seen fog before?

Map of Lisbon, Portugal

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

You live in a port city, and you haven't seen fog before?
reply to post by DGenR8

NO....I HAVEN´T SEEN A MOUNTAIN SIZE, AMONIAC SMELLING, THUNDER STORMING ´´FOG´´.....

SORRY, MAYBE I´M JUST DUMB..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join