It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Higgs Boson... yes, .... and what...?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I am no scientist so.... bare with me.

All I know is that the "God" particle should give other particles its mass.....right?

Is it possible to create cheap and clean energy with the properties of this particle...how? What else...can it make a bomb? Would it be possible to lift 1200 ton construction bricks...like the ones in Baalbek, Libanon? Can it create artificial gravity?

What else..could it be possible to extract this boson from matter...or how should I imagine any manipulation or use this particle anyway?

Will its existance only confirm a theory...and has the particle itself no further practical use?

Will there now surely be a Theory of Everything?

What do you guys know and make of it ...?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Considering that no announcement has yet been made concerning the actual discovery of the Higgs boson, and the physicists working on this don't really know what to expect, no one on any website or forum will be able to answer your questions. It will take many, many years before any reasonable idea concerning the implications of such a particle will be known.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Will its existance only confirm a theory...and has the particle itself no further practical use?
It's already quite useful, holding the universe together and all...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Complete theory of everything, until they discover a new particle that they hadn't realized existed, or perhaps find that one of their particles is actually an existing particle bearing a different charge on a perpendicular orbit or something.

No more, no less. No weapons, no energy, nothing.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It means that feeding 5000 from 3 fish's and a loaf of bread,, ie horn of plenty, type of myth,,
is now Scientific Fact.
higgs-bosun creates matter,
and does so with an end purpose.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

the higgs doesn't create matter. it gives all particles mass. it's not a freakin replicator.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

actually "it gives particles mass" would indeed, sound much like the "twinkling photon effect, with the subsiquent, creation of mass at a sub-atomic,,,ohh nevermind

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

it gives particles already in existence or being created mass. it doesn't create particles itself. therefore it can't create matter.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

it gives particles already in existence or being created mass. it doesn't create particles itself. therefore it can't create matter.

u r wrong.

it gives particles already in existence

already in existence would have Mass.

Higgs does not have Mass.

Creates the "bed", from which Mass,,,is able to materialize,, at our percieved space in time.

as per instruction.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
so.... it's the "dreams" that "stuff" is made of....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

u r wrong.

Creates the "bed", from which Mass,,,is able to materialize,, at our percieved space in time.

as per instruction.

err...what? the higgs is responsible for why all particles have mass. it doesn't create particles. i repeat it doesn't create particles!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

As I see it, this particle is on a wave, that is a standing wave around a single quantum foam bubble.

Now if you take a sphere, and you use pi, you know that pi is an infinite number, so how could it be that anything whole could exist? How does the world operate on whole numbers? For instance the elements and electrons and protons. Well it is possible to have pi as not an infinite number, if the circumference is not the outside of the standing wave but in the median line of the standing wave.

Where two foam bubbles would be pressing against each other if the quantum foam was grainy but tightly packed and organized and according to rotating superfluid experiments it is in an extremely organized state.

Ok so since time is an arrow that goes outward from the center of everything that might be expanding in this universe, its possible those bubbles expand in unison as well. However they are Plank length in diameter.

So hence why Plank length is fundamental.

So if you take the direction of mass force, or kinetic energy, in an expanding universe that direction would be outward like a ray from the center, and on that line would be found, a Higg's Bosun.

Thats how I see it. Intrinsic mass, is mass that something possesses, while it is just sitting there. It has weight and gravity. And if we imagine it is expanding, then it is already going in a straight line according to Newton, outward, so to move it, requires force. E=mc2

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Hold on to your hat.

Take a circle, move in the circumference until the ratio of the original diameter is not an infinite number.
Now you have a pi value that reality uses. Where the rubber actually hits the road. The point of actual contact between real things.

And since its so small a diameter we are talking about, Plank Length, then all the way up to macro levels its shades of gray but where pressure lines are greatest at median points, you have objects but without one key ingredient none of this could be true.

The quantum foam, must exist in a type of superconducting superfluid, and the bubbles themselves must have like a kind of skin from the liquid. Even if, inside the bubbles is just a vacuum, caused by the expansion of space tugging outward.

So it might be that tensile strength, resisting being tugged out, that gives objects intrinsic mass. It might not be expanding much, but still be subjected to forces in a ray going outwards from the center, just like gravity. It might be pulsing in and out, and then acting like a gyroscope to give it intrinsic mass but in all these cases, the Higgs Bosun would be on that line somewhere. Until one mass met up with some other mass. Then it would deflect.

Einstein Bose condensate experiments show that the skin can be congruent and you can make a group of single atoms into one big blob atom.
The last bit of proof is when you drain it of its energy, there is a tiny bit of momentum left at the end, which would be like a bit of that tensile strength revealing itself.

So this is from the wave side of physics, and the vortices in a rotating superfluid show us evidence of a kind of Higgs Field, yet to wave physics it is not quite the same as particle physics however there is evidence in these experients that have been done, including with phonons, and phonon energy, that particle physics and wave physics might actually meet there some where at the Higgs Field. One thing is for certain, Plank constant is a real physical foundation value. Both wave and particle physics agree on that fact.

Even the vortices in a rotating superfluid are in relation to Plank length.

You can see how organized and regular it is here...
web.mit.edu...
edit on 3-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

u r wrong.

as per instruction.

err...what? the higgs is responsible for why all particles have mass. it doesn't create particles. i repeat it doesn't create particles!

"he higgs is responsible for why all particles have mass"???????????????????????????????

it doesn't create particles
is responsible for
doesn't create, i repeat doesn't create particles!it doesn't create particles
is responsible for
doesn't create, i repeat doesn't create particles!
is responsible foris responsible foris responsible foris responsible for
doesn't create though,,
ok
got ya

edit on 3-7-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So I said a particle is on the line of force of intrinsic mass, since the Higgs Bosun is directly related to that quality we refer to as mass.

So then since the experiments that most people can do, do not include a particle accelerator, they have to use the wave approach, which is less accurate because they can't focus a beam with that level of energy.

So I could quote papers, which detail the experiments I outlined which have been done but to truly understand it, you have to do your research and there are thousands and thousands of papers which have been written.

However, Wikipedia is a good sort filter, and it concentrates information, and if you want to see what a Higgs Bosun SHOULD look like, it should look similar to a phonon.

phonon

Personally I am looking for a green shifted t particle, that is related to phonon energy.
Other people are looking for the Higgs Bosun.
edit on 3-7-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
In a nutshell

E= mc^2 (for rest mass. there is another term for masses in motion)
The Higg's would explain the mechanism behind why energy can have mass.
Up to this time nobody has proven why this is so.

This would be a monumental achievement for knowledge and mankind.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

u r wrong.

as per instruction.

"he higgs is responsible for why all particles have mass"???????????????????????????????

it doesn't create particles
is responsible for
doesn't create, i repeat doesn't create particles!it doesn't create particles
is responsible for
doesn't create, i repeat doesn't create particles!
is responsible foris responsible foris responsible foris responsible for
doesn't create though,,
ok
got ya

i'm pretty sure you don't. i'm also pretty sure you do actually think the higgs creates matter. that's an erroneous belief, but whatever dude. this back and forth is pretty unproductive. giving particles mass is not the same as creating particles, that you can't understand that is not my fault, and i wont continue this ridiculous yes it does, no it doesn't argument.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

like saying hey i built that house ya sure,,
buttt hey i'm not responsable for it,,,
ohhh nooo,, was some other,,,phonon???

there are phonon's green spectrum,,?
sorry another post.

wait up,, green u say, my good chap,,

see below,,

opps my how time ,moves onward,, see above

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dxdydz

behind why energy can have mass. or zero mass as i understand it,,
the most fasicnating feature of Higgs is it has no density/mass.
if im wrong i appollagize too one and all.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
An electron exists, has energy and has zero mass.
When the electron interacts with the Higgs Field it appears to an outside observer to have a mass.
It takes a force now to accelerate the electron and the electron moves at below the speed of light now.
It's like the Higgs Field acts as a frictional force.

It's like a person trying to run in water. If we didn't know the water existed we would think the person running through water was more massive.

The Higgs Field does not create particles.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join