It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKY CITY - Chinese company to build world's tallest building in only 3 months!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
According to PS - Chinese company is building world's tallest building, but to everyone's surprise - only in 3 months.

PS source

Same company has built 30 story building in only 15 days.

Here is picture showing tallest building in world, China's building will be 10 meters taller then Burj Khalifa.

Are we really getting behind the world in every sense...
edit on 3-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: For some reason it posted empty thread first... sorry for confusion.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Wonder how long it took to get all the parts together before they started actually building as theres no way you could maintain that sort of rate without 99% of it being predone before the first girder was laid

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Question is, how long before it collapses? No way I would work in that building. I'm sure the craftmanship is superb.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Wonder how long it took to get all the parts together before they started actually building as theres no way you could maintain that sort of rate without 99% of it being predone before the first girder was laid

I was thinking the same, but with lean, it is possible with huge work force to prepare faster. It seems to me like building are made from production line and assembly really cuts the time needed to accomplish those marvels.

I would be still concerned with stability... models are fine, but will it really work for this scale of buildings?!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

very ambitious indeed. 92 days from the ribbon cut seems a manic project to undertake. will lean construction cut it? it will be worth following this to (hopefully) completion. without any technical data or method statement, somehow i suspect a modularised system will be used similar to stacking shipping containers. i cannot fathom them using concrete pours as 28 days is required before optimum strength is attained unless it is super concrete and then i have doubts. perhaps the floors will be pre-cast concrete then brought to site.

star for you and a star waiting for the construction team on condition no-one ends up pushing daisies.

fakedirt.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well then. Remind me not to take their elevator.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's going to happen. They are starting on schedule and as planned.

Gizmodo

As the movie Looper stated, "I'm from the future, go to China."

Meanwhile, the World Trade Center replacement struggles on 10-years into the project.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

i've attempted to read the webpage a number of times but it keeps locking up on me.
cheerz anyway
f(uk)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
And as we all know, when it comes to China, it's safety first!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Little update that I missed on this topic back in august.

Apparently Broad Sustainable Building got all clearance to proceed with this building and they plan on site work to start in April next year.

** usa.chinadaily.com.cn...

In July as reported that construction was halted by the authorities, because the building did not receive building permission.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Pretty irresponsible move if you ask me. Sure it's nice to be competitive and super efficient, but breaking world records at the risk of thousands of lives? What's the point....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

I am not sure what to make out of this. Let's see, it is well known how China handles people responsible for accidents or outbreaks like in case of poisoned baby food (death and life sentence for those on top, 15 years for rest *) and I can see how they are not easy to give building license to project like this.

And I am really not clear why 90 days, when giving them self double of that still means they can be much faster then anyone else. (except to cut the cost imho)

* www.chinadaily.com.cn...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
These two videos show the costcutting Chinese at their best.

Buyers complain about buildings painted with fake windows on walls

www.liveleak.com...

Apartment buyers complain about poor quality of new homes with paper doors and house walls are made ​​with foam.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Maxatoria

I saw a cool documentary about Sky City a while back and if I remember correctly, they're using a modular construction concept. They will pre-build all of the modules that will make up much of the building and assemble them on-site (like giant legos). I believe the modules will be pre-wired and pre-plumbed. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's kind of a Cliff Notes...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
how about no unions, everyone speaks the same launguage, and no drunk drag-ins. Remove these issues, care about the outcome even if you cant see it from YOUR house.....and there are possibilities....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Gu1tarJohn

Maxatoria

I saw a cool documentary about Sky City a while back and if I remember correctly, they're using a modular construction concept. They will pre-build all of the modules that will make up much of the building and assemble them on-site (like giant legos). I believe the modules will be pre-wired and pre-plumbed. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's kind of a Cliff Notes...

Yes, that is how they built hotel that is shown here in this topic in video.

It will take them much longer to pre asemble all parts, and then 3 months to construct this huge building.

Giving hight, many doubt that construction will be able to withstand horizontal winds.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

jtrenthacker
Question is, how long before it collapses? No way I would work in that building. I'm sure the craftmanship is superb.

Exactly what I was thinking. There is this thing called quality.

I've been in the Burj Khalifa, it's a nice building with an incredibly fast elevator to the top. Once at the top a very nice area to see the scenery and view the fountain below. Problem with the scenery is viability is usually pretty bad. It may not look dusty/hazy out, but it usually is.

new topics

top topics

join