It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Reason Why I Think Religion Is Crock Of SHT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
After re-reading the OP it seems to me that the problem was that the police community sheltered him, gave him access, and prevented investigations. I didn't get the impression that Judaism was the bigger problem. But I may have misinterpreted. Should this have been "One Reason Why I Think the Police is Crock ...?"

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by TheFogHorn

That's where the twisted psychology of trauma victims comes into play. After becoming convinced that you did something wrong, and blaming yourself for the "incident", you begin to become angry. And in your anger at yourself, you lash out at others because you don't know how to help yourself. You don't know how to make yourself feel better, how to heal that wound. And that's why we have this guy attacking a religion and snapping at us...he's mad at himself, but he takes it out on us. Kind of like a dog with a maimed leg.

Sounds good but it's wrong. There is a serious peodophilia problem in the Jewish communities around the world, especially the more orthodox and 'cut off' ones and it is extremely difficult and dangerous for a victim to get help, comfort or justice. This man is posting here because he's desperate for people to know what happened to him and to raise awareness of the situation. This is not an isolated incident. Peodophilia is a hidden epidemic in the Jewish world and it needs brave men like the poster to get the discussion going.

I find it deeply unnerving that so many people in this thread lack sympathy but are full on in their attacks of the poster's justification for writing. You are all proving him right. Religion makes people think and act in an illogical, insensitive and unfair way because instead of feeling a human desire to defend the victim and fight for justice it makes people defend the culprit, attack the victim and fight for the preservation of the guilty belief system.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I am very sorry to hear your story. Too often, children are not believed when it comes to this. Apparently, pedophiles can be convincing liars.

You know he duped the community that trusted him. Were your own parents there to give any support? Did they believe you? You need allies that will stand will you and attest to your credibility.

Did you call a child abuse hotline? If you want to get this guy brought to justice you can't give up.

Did you go back and talk to the leader of this community? Tell him you put the blame on his faith community and think religion is # because of this. Tell him he has a responsibility to help you anyway he/she can.

If you know others who had this happen to them, they need to join with you to bring this guy to justice.

One kid makes a claim and the authorities are skeptical. Two kids with the same claim and you have their attention. It sounds like he knew the heat was on him so he skipped town. Somebody knows and you need to find out what is being done to keep his case active.

Vent here if it helps, but don't leave it at that. Use your brains to figure out what you need to do to get this guy and do it. Wish you success.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It just happened to take place, in part, at a religious building. Again, shifting the anger...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Please don't make this into an antisemitic thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

I'd rather not. It was painful enough the first time. I can't afford to lose any more brain cells, I'm at my intellectual high point this week.

For some people, hearing a personal account of human suffering is like a red rag to a bull due to a lack of empathy and an inability to respond comfortably.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Please don't make this into an antisemitic thread.

Hopefully the truth will guide this thread to an honest conclusion regardless of religious sensitivities, them being the cause for the most pain in this personal account.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Religion had nothing to do with it. It sounds like the police ran most of the interference here.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I watched the news recently regarding a pedophile charged with over 40 counts od pedophilia. To my knowledge, there were no ranks of clergy standing outside of the courthouse, demanding his freedom and exoneration. In fact, I don't recall his congregation saying a single thing in his defense. And yet his religion enforces it? No, the religion simply doesn't know what it has not seen. It's not like they wave banners around declaring their activities the previous night.

Again, such processes as you have directed me to research are not always practiced. You would take the crimes of one household and have the entire neighborhood hanged? No...let one man pay for his crimes, and the rest may worship as they please. It's not for you to judge their religion unless they have harmed someone. Then it is the person, and not the religion, who is at fault. After all, if they are allowed to pick and choose, then obviously they could have stepped away. There is no law saying you must adhere to any religion from birth until death.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
QUOTE: Especially raised in closed social circles people can do damn near anything to each other and consider it normal. It is anti-human to not insist that children be protected. It is human to demand a group clean their moral house if it is so pestilent as to wallow in allowing child abuse.

Please read....www.skepticmoney.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I suspect some of my words were not deemed appropriate for this forum but I argue that they are. There is a peodophile problem in the Jewish community and sometimes it's necessary to say things that people find uncomfortable in order to solve the problem.

To keep it short and avoid another comment removal and warning, I shall just say this, 'Please research metzitzah b'peh and ask yourselves if that is something that should be done in today's so called civilised world and whether or not it could be a seed that grows into something even uglier.

Nothing should stiffle the debate on child abuse.
edit on 2-7-2012 by TheFogHorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Dear TheFogHorn,

You raise an interesting point which I hadn't considered. This thread involves abuse with Judaism and the police as possible factors. You say that there exists a "pedophile" problem within the Jewish community. I'm sure you know that pedophilia refers to the abuse of people who haven't reached puberty yet.

So the American priest problem wasn't pedophilia and occurred with roughly the same frequency as in other American males. Do you happen to have some statistics about this kind of sex abuse among police or Jews? Is any group more likely to be an offender, or are some just more sensational, making for better headlines?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Pedophilia is a mental illness, the man needs to be locked up in an institution so he can work through his past issues. It's a known fact that almost every pedophile was created by another pedophile. It's the type of sexual abuse that reciprocates. A gift that keeps on giving (and not a gift you'd want either). His community should not have harbored him, i do agree with that because it is impossible to get someone the help they need when others interfere. Just sticking him in prison wouldn't solve anything, it would just get him killed. When a known pedophile goes into J-Pop he's on borrowed time, most won't make it through the night they get discovered because alot of prisoners were also sexually abused as children and they see it as a way to get back at their attackers by killing one like him. Those people have past issues they need to work out, and were victims themselves at one time and need professional help.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Pedophilia is a mental illness, the man needs to be locked up in an institution so he can work through his past issues. It's a known fact that almost every pedophile was created by another pedophile. It's the type of sexual abuse that reciprocates. A gift that keeps on giving (and not a gift you'd want either). His community should not have harbored him, i do agree with that because it is impossible to get someone the help they need when others interfere. Just sticking him in prison wouldn't solve anything, it would just get him killed. When a known pedophile goes into J-Pop he's on borrowed time, most won't make it through the night they get discovered because alot of prisoners were also sexually abused as children and they see it as a way to get back at their attackers by killing one like him. Those people have past issues they need to work out, and were victims themselves at one time and need professional help.

Very well and tactfully explained. Hopefully the thread author is getting the professional help he needs.

Your point of the gift getting passed on explains the reason why the Jewish community has a problem with peodophilia....probably mostly undiscovered and unreported. The closer knit the community the less likely these things will get reported....and the gift stopped from being passed on. Instead of isolated incidents the problem becomes a mushrooming epidemic.

The practice I pointed out earlier is something that should be eliminated because people should be careful what they allow their eyes to see. This could well be the biggest contributing factor and I find it staggering that it is not an arrestable offence. I read an article last night that said several baby boys were hospitalised due to contracting herpes from a priest after this proceedure had been carried out but the police were unable to investigate further due to the parents refusal to name the priest.

Charles.....I don't have statistics and I also do not think relying on statistics to back up this possibility is logical due to the enormous community pressure put on abuse victims and their families to keep their mouths shut and due to the fact abusers are often shifted off somewhere else rather than reported. They, of course, then start a new life of abusing in a new location.

This article explains everything better and I highly recommend everyone reads all of it.....

www.abibitumikasa.com...

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? The author of this thread is trying to tell you and I think it would be a mistake to ignore him.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I am truly sorry for your experince and pain it has caused. I myself have been a victim of sexual abuse. A very difficult subject to speak about intially but now I can openly discuss the matter and counsel both young men and women on how to cope. My personal advice is to stop hating, the topic of your post reflects your anger towards religion. The church is not responsible for the actions of a member or leader, nor is the police or any group. The cover up which I believe is true in your case as it was in mine and in many many others is more likely to avoid embarassment and legal action for those associated than to protect the scumb@g that purportrated these crimes.

I am a christain and I am not going to lecture you or swade you into believing what I believe, that is your personal decision and journey. However you must forgive and forget, foregiveness is not designed for those whom have hurt, it is the essence of healing and foregiveness is the tool for the victim to begin to heal. Hatred will only continue to manifest itself in negative ways in your life, foregiveness will allow you to begin to heal. Funny thing is that I am married had 4 kids, 3 girls 1 boy and have 7 grandkids. The scares of my abuse hurt so deeply I would never bathe my kids or allow myself to change a diaper, even having them sit on my lap was highly uncomfortable for me as I thought I was posioned with the same disease as that SOB that molested me. It was only until I truly forgave that POS for he done to me, that at last I can finally enjoy normal things a grand parent would do for their kids, I look back and see that not only was I a victim during the assaults but it continued long after, what a waste.

I will keep you in my prayers, I have seen far too many lives ruined, for your own sanity and peace of mind, forgive and forget. The creator will have his day with this pedafile, whatever your spiritual belief is, the perpatrator will meet hisa own demise.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33
i blame my community for turning a blind eye to obvious infractions, not just by him, but others. religious people. therefore, I have no respect for any religion that looks the other way and allows children to be abused repeatedly. They stuck their heads in the collective sand rather than take necessary actions. what this man did to me he did to others before me, therefore they allowed him to do this to me and others after me. also, he was a cop. and there were cops who saw me with this man driving his car at 2:00 am and di nothing to question why or how?

Maybe the title of your thread should have been "Why I Think Humanity is a Piece of SHT", and rightly so.

I certainly can understand why you would frown on religion too, since most of us hold churches to a higher standard of humanity, but unfortunately, they are still just that...made up of humanity. God holds those in authority of religion to a higher standard too. Those who hold these positions and abuse and allow others to abuse will be judged by God and held to a higher standard of judgement as well. Unfortunately, not everyone who deserves to witness it will get to, but it will happen.

Our prayers are with you.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

If that had been the title, I would have starred, flagged, and piled a steaming plate of succulent praise on top of it. No joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join