It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Athlete Claims Blacks are superior to Whites

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have to say that I agree with previous posts about determination and ambition being the driving factors. I have black friends who used to laugh and joke, asking where is this special athletic ability for them? Not every black person is an athlete, it's not a sweeping race quality. The people who succeed are those with drive, and in certain sports black athletes have more drive. In any event the man is entitled to his opinion. Man, was he a great runner.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
My opinion, Blacks have more muscles than Whites, but Whites are slightly more intelligent than Blacks.

So it's even playing fields here.

Blacks are the Strength people

Whites are the intellects.

So why is the worlds strongest man competition always won by specifically northern europeans?

Northern African blacks are faster in the 100 metres, 200 metres. But 400/800 you get more whites winning. Then after that it's the Kenyans.

Saying "black" is wrong. Because Kenyans are black yet they are crap at running fast within 100 metres.

Northern Africans specifically are great at explosive energy. Northern Europeans (i,e scandinavians) are know for strength.

Soccer is the worlds biggest sport by far in which the whole world competes. Yet I don't think there was one black player in the last world cup final. And there was only one black player at Euro 2012 final.

Fact is each race has strength and weaknesses. But measures overall there isn't that much difference.

The fastest white man within 100 meters is Christophe Lemaître. He ran in 9.92 seconds.

The fastest black man within 100 meters is Usain Bolt. He rain in 9.52 seconds.

That means the difference between the fastest white man and the fastest black man is 0.40 seconds. I can imagine the same would be for swimming.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

I actually know Michael Johnson, went to high school with him... He did NOT say that balcks are superior to whites...

He said that black Americans and carribeans are superior to EVERYONE.... That is a far cry from something so generic and simple as saying b;lacks are superior to whites...

Jaden

That's like saying that Irish are superior drinkers to everyone, that includes other whites too...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

That's like saying that Irish are superior drinkers to everyone, that includes other whites too...

And its just plain wrong. Rednecks and Russians can drink them under the table!

link   

link   
I would say that black people are better sprinters and probably basketball players too. On the other hand they are generally not good as other races in gymnastics, swimming and most strongmen finalists are almost always white.

So basically yes I think there are differences in general but its not as simple as saying black people are better at sports.

I think preference for different types of sport comes into this also for example I’m 6ft6 tall but never been interested in playing basketball and at my local sports hall most of the basketball players are black yet most of the rugby players on the pitch are white…maybe we naturally gravitate towards sports we are naturally good at?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

Are you mental?

You responded to my same post twice? Once nicely, and once angrily?

Your previous response to the same post?

For the record, I also sent you a PM with the answers to your questions in your previous response.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

I can see his point and would tend to agree. But as for being "better athletes". Have him jump in a pool and challenge Phelps!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So much of what you point out has simply to do with availability of the sport. Hockey is far more popular in places like Canada, where it is mostly white.

Not a lot of youth hockey being played in africa....

But, given equal access and coaching, I believe there is a clear genetic advantage for a black kid over a white kid. Of course there are exceptions, but it is what it is.

Bobby Bowden was a wonderful and beloved coach, but the main thing he originally did as a trendsetter was recruiting black athletes. Look at college football now! The sports that are dominated by white kids are sports where black kids have limited access. Give them equal access and opportunity and they will dominate the sport.

Have to disagree. In this day and age there are thousands and thousands of Colored kids given equal oppourtunity at all sports. Grant Fur(black) was one of the best goalies in the NHL and that was 30 years ago. Clalvin Pete excelled at golf some 40 years ago, as well as Authur Ash in Tennis some 40 years ago. So the accessibility is there(has been for years), but maybe the interest or the natural ability isn't.

30-40 years! Sorry but most black people just don't skate, nor play tennis very well very well and it has nothing to do with access. Look at figure skating in the Olympics. I think most colored people just don't enjoy the cold, so stay away from "winter" sports. But how about those Jamacian bobsledders?

I'll agree Colored people are amazing at running fast, and jumping high, and putting a ball in a hoop but those things are only a small % of what makes a person an "athlete".

As far as hockey, skating, swimming, diving, golfing, tennis, soccer, and lacrosse. They just aren't as good, and in the year 2012 it has nothing to do with accessibility to these sports. Probably has more to do with interest and peer pressure more than anything, unless maybe they just aren't naturally good at those sports so they aren't interested in them, who is interested in a sport they're no good at.

Take football (soccer) for instance, a popular game all around the world, and accessible to everyone as it only requires a ball. But who excels? Germany, Spain, Brazil, Italy...teams that have very few if any black players.

Tiger Woods and the Williams sisters are anomilies, just as Larry Bird, Walton ,Bradley, Nash were anomolies in basketball. Plenty of colored players have tried these sports over the last 40 years. Authur Ash was a role model for an entire generation of colored people in the US but of all the colored people that tried to do what he did, we have the Williams sisters, and Jo Wilfred Tsonga of France. Maybe they just aren't very good at it as a race?

Or maybe it has to do with what sports your friends are playing you will more likely gravitate too. Or maybe colored athletes just don't like Hockey, or swimming, or tennis, soccer, or lacrosse, or golf. But saying blacks are better "athletes" is silly imo.

In closing I'd like to mention Baseball,which requires speed, strength, coordination/twitch, smarts (baseball is a very cerebral game). It is Loved by all, and available to all, and you see a pretty equal spread of ethnicities excelling at the sport. Same can be said for Mixed Martial Arts.

edit on 3-7-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sports that rely on soley speed and strength like weight lifting and sprinting will be dominated by those who have superior genetics regardless of race.

It's very possible some races have higher gene expression in certain areas than others. That gene expression could be related to body composition like in a mesomorph, that would allow them to excel at activities that required these traits.

On the other hand, this will only get you so far. In sports that require alot of technique, the biggest and strongest aren't always the best, in fact, it's a pretty even field. Look at the brazilian jiu jitsu world championships for example, and watch smaller guys beat larger guys on the regular.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

a lot of rednecks are Irish you silly dude. Either way I'm Irish and I'd take that bet.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Pretty stupid comment/claim.

Most whites play sports but are not die hards in it.(yes some are)

A majority of them move on after college and get a job insteavd of playing the gamble with a short lived career unless you make big money.
Thats a gamble for all athletes who want to make money.

One has only so many heart beats and hits to the head befor they go kapoot.( a few make it)

I think more blacks strive into sports and thats there only one road ahead of them.

As for superior?
I wont go into that department.

Alot of the NBA/NFL are thugs and fellons to me.
A lot of the sports(pro) is a joke,all play the game like there your home town team when half live out of state and the other half will transfer in a year or 2...

The world has many awsome athletes who never even get a chance at the olympics or sports.

Especially from China and Russia are many good athletes and our friends in Latin America.
And yes,,lets not forget Africa,,many awsome athletes there.

The one with the biggest heart is superior.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hess88

Why is it even a valid discussion. Whites dominate 96% of Olympic events! Sounds like some one wants to stir the pot! Tell him to talk to Farrakan~

Pointless!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

We are Superior Drinkers!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
so... if blacks are physically superior to whites, and if that superiority comes from a certain manipulation done during the slavery days... seems logical that the blacks owe the whites big time for making them that way...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by antonia

If you want to be great at sprinting, do many squats and practice every day. Very simple to train for and with the exception of excess height, genetics have very little to do with it. Yea, height is a disadvantage at sprinting.

The guy that started this whole discussion was Michael Johnson. He holds many world records, but he is tall, and his running style is unconventional. He runs straight up, and he takes shorter steps. All conventional wisdom and coaching say he should not be an elite runner, yet he is a world champion and record holder.

Athleticism trumps form.

Incorrect.

His running style, while unconventional, is in very good form.

In sprinting (any sport really), they tell you to maximise power. Not strength, not speed...power (strength and acceleration (speed) vs time).

His running style sacrifices strength (which he has admitted is one of his weakness') for speed, giving him the maximum level of power he can obtain.

That is exceedingly good form.
edit on 3-7-2012 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

a lot of rednecks are Irish you silly dude. Either way I'm Irish and I'd take that bet.

LOL!

Yes, but this one is Scottish, hehe! Although it is only a very, very little bit, and I don't know much about it, still not Irish.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

We are obviously different.

Yes, and my blood is the same color as yours so we are all the same as well. Life is one big puzzle

edit on 3-7-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

We are obviously different.

Yes, and my blood is the same color as yours so we are all the same as well. Life is one big puzzle

edit on 3-7-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

Great point. People should be able to honestly talk about our differences and our similarities, without worrying about political correctness. But then again, some people just say bone-headed things, and it ruins it for everybody. Its too bad people can't be honest and sincere without being hateful.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join