It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous: 'We have access to every classified database in the US'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
RT Link

“You know how we got access?” asks Doyon. “We didn’t hack them. The access was given to us by the people who run the systems. The five-star general (and) the Secretary of Defense who sit in the cushy plush offices at the top of the Pentagon don’t run anything anymore. It’s the pimply-faced kid in the basement who controls the whole game, and Bradley Manning proved that. The fact he had the 250,000 cables that were released effectively cut the power of the US State Department in half. The Afghan war diaries and the Iran war diaries effectively cut the political clout of the US Department of Defense in half. All because of one guy who had enough balls to slip a CD in an envelope and mail it to somebody.”

Looks as though Anonymous is at it yet again. Let us keep in mind that they claim to have "access to", and not actual "classified" data as contained within such databases, if they even exist in digital form. If I had to keep things under wraps, I sure wouldn't document it and place it at risk of being discovered somewhere down the line.

Personally, I would very much like to see them back up their claims via releasing some of this info, if in fact they have access to it. Time will only tell.

What is their intention here?

What would you expect to leak of this information?

Do you feel that this is more of a scare tactic than actual truth?

I'm open to all sides here. Just curious to see how ATS members feel about this.

ETA: The most recent upload from the Anon channel on YouTube. Speaks of a kidnapping of one of their "Higher Ups", however no mention of anything related to the article linked.

So... do we think Anonynmous is merely dis-info? We all know how easy it is for some to make extremely wild claims behind a keyboard and screen. Heck... we see it on ATS all the time!

Keeping an open mind though.... what if?

edit on 7/2/2012 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The real classified dbs are on sneakernet/darknet. Anon = toolz and prolly disinfo.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah......

Thats all im hearing out of these guys.......huge claims......activity so far that has only targeted innocent people......

and a bunch of rhetoric where they provide no proof of anything they are saying......

oh sure theyll throw some bread crumbs out ever so often that any script kiddie can find on their own....

But other then that..............(yawn)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if this is some form of psyops. Perhaps they want more funding for these things and so they invented Anonymous to create fear and concerns that we're unprepared.

Of course, it just as well could be real.

If it's psyops, they'll turn to violence and mayhem soon enough.

Once that happens, there's no way to turn the clock back.

But if it's real, it'll probably turn to chaos just to give the hackers their power trip.

Even something as simple as a "Hello! Haha!" in a high-security facility can be used as reasoning. So maybe that's all Anonymous will do and that's all that's necessary to get people worried.

The end result is that we'll beef up our cyber security and execute Bradley Manning. This will have the unfortunate (for some) consequence of there being a kind of Internet 2.0.
edit on 2-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I hear you there. It seems there are many claims made that are never backed up. Interesting claims nonetheless. Imagine if something groundbreaking DID come of it though?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Sometimes I wonder if this is some form of psyops. Perhaps they want more funding for these things and so they invented Anonymous to create fear and concerns that we're unprepared.

I often wonder the same thing. More smoke n mirrors, perhaps?

Action ALWAYS speaks volumes over words.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I bet they don't have access. Do they honestly think some government worker's going to risk their job to fuel the collective ego of Anonymous, which doesn't really have a coherent political agenda? People have bills to pay.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Yea, and I am sure the Pentagon and government took the time to digitize all there classified documents...

Thats why all them freedom of information act request take years, its in their best interest to keep somethings off data bases.

I dont Have RT, but I was in a hotel recently that had it, Interesting to see what the propaganda machines of other countries pump out.

Somewhere in the middle of all is the truth, but its just as likely on CNN as RT.
edit on 2-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Awesome, but not as cool as me! I have access to every IRS database and it was given to me; I didn't even have to hack my way in. If anyone would like a huge tax return or get their past taxes paid up, just let me know.

I also have access to lots of other neat stuff, but I can't provide any real proof right now.

See how easy that was to say

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Put up or shut up.

Lets see some docs on the 5 major banks, not some email / credit card info dump.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have a big problem with Anonymous.

We are all familiar with False Flags... I'm sure the 'Anonymous' name has and/or will be hijacked by the corrupt elites who want to severely restrict free speech over the internet.

They will cause some massive problems using the Anonymous name and then they will come in and offer the 'solution', which will be an even more restricted and regulated internet where literally everything is watched (I believe we are already heavily watched though... more than we think).

Very skeptical about Anon...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Search bar is your friend. Exact same title as yours, exact same link. 2 Months ago.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeedawg

Well that is the problem with anon - everyone is / can be anon so who knows what agenda is getting played out.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
"Hey guys we can do all these things but we don't" = Anonymous.

I used to like anon, I used to feel part of it back in it's origin at 4chan, but not anymore, it's nothing like it used to be, an exploited meme and nothing more imo.

I also don't think anyone with hacking abilities would talk about it anyway, if you're intelligent enough to hack pretty much anything, I'd figure you'd also be intelligent enough to stfu about it, especially on the internet.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

I overlooked the date of the article to be quite honest.

I also utilized our search function, however I used the keyword Anonymous and did not see that it had been posted previously... My bad. Early on, a mod moved the thread into this forum from Social Issues/Civil Unrest. There seemed no issue with it.

Last but not least, I was unaware of anyone getting "Thread Police" badges when they haven't even been on here for two months

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

I apologize, it was simply a thread that was very close to my heart for obvious reasons when it was first posted. I meant no disrespect.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by forall2see

One would think they would wise up and realize everytime they do something like this it always results in arrests.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When the next american revolution happens, its my opinion Annonymous, and other online bullies, will be helping us citazins a lot. A lot of people say their claims are baseless, but they have hacked MAJOR corporations without any issue many many many times. I think it rings clear that the people in charge really are at the bottom, because thats the truth! Power is a where man THINKS it is, but time teaches us power comes from the Lube of things. I am thankful for Anonymous, I think they will have my back as a young american when the #s going to get ugly

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

Yup nothing like breaking the law in order to fight the law while trying to claim the moral highground in the process.

Is it not the goal to have a government that is not above the law? If so, then why would we substitute one for another that uis doing the same thing?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
A lot of people say their claims are baseless, but they have hacked MAJOR corporations without any issue many many many times. I think it rings clear that the people in charge really are at the bottom, because thats the truth! Power is a where man THINKS it is, but time teaches us power comes from the Lube of things. I am thankful for Anonymous, I think they will have my back as a young american when the #s going to get ugly

It's called 'Metasploit', and anyone with a couple of brain cells can use it. Anonymous and LulzSec are small fish going after the easy targets.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join