It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for You are with me;

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What does it mean?
Have you ever wondered... all religious and wise masters say that god is within us, he is with us.
But what is GOD?
Is he a person, an entity?
Is he energy? Is he light? Is he LOVE? Is GOD LOVE?

What do we all want?

Good emotions like love, peace, joy, ecstasy... And we don't want the opposite emotions like fear, hate, desperation etc.

So, follow me, is GOD good energy? Good emotions?

I think it is.

Well, are they in us?

Now comes the epilogue of this thesis: yes they are, we all have the power to choose how we feel no matter what happens, so is GOD/LOVE/JOY/PEACE in us?

Yes, they just need our activation, we just need to be aware that we have the power to feel good no matter what happens because GOD is in us, love is in us, light is in us.

We have to choose to live it, but it is indeed in us.

Don't go looking for GOD/LIGHT/LOVE/PEACE/JOY somewhere else, don't let yourself be dependent of outside sources you cant control to feel GOD/LOVE, because it is in you, just be aware, acknowledge it. Feel it when you want, no matter what happens, the power and the energy of GOD/LOVE is in you.

You can receive good emotions and good energy from the outside, that is not bad, that is good, but don't be dependent from the outside, if the things of this world cease to provide good energy go get it inside yourself, just feel good because you want to, you have that power. Enjoy all the things of this world but remember you don't really need them to be fed with good emotions because you have them in you, you can feel good without a cause, just be loving life and existence.

Remember that we cant control what happens but our emotions can be chosen.

Pain can be imposed, suffering is optional..

Choose LOVE/JOY/PEACE/GOD no matter what happens, connect to GOD within you, free yourself from the impermanent sources of good emotions, be independent, GOD is in you, LOVE is in you, you know why?

Because you are GOD/LOVE/JOY/PEACE, that is your true nature, that is your soul nature but life on earth makes us forget that, we incarnate in a human body, its our job to reconnect to GOD/LOVE/JOY/PEACE/OURSELVES and we can do it at any time because we can control and choose how we feel.

I know this is a rant but i think it belongs here.

Take care and feel free to comment, to agree and disagree, no problem.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I agree with you OP. thank you for writing that. I needed to read it and be reminded. God bless.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I forget this a lot, but it is true, we can save ourselves from fear, hate, desperation, just by being in control of our emotions and bringing them to high levels, love levels, by our own will, we have that power.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

What do we all want?

Well, according to you and several others around here, it would appear what you all want, is to rationalize and tweak the concept of a god to validate your own needs.

As if the original fable isn't enough fluff already...

But, I would too if that's all I had going for me...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

What do you mean? I am not catholic or something but i understand that ancient texts like the bible and many others have something in there, they also have a lot of fear, a lot of bad vibes to control the masses, but in the darkness of it, there is some light words, and i think this passage is one of them.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Because you are GOD/LOVE/JOY/PEACE, that is your true nature,
I know of one other being who believes he is God. Please be very careful.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Namaste Manula

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

NAMASTE. You are quite alright for a newbie

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I always liked this one and have used it on my fence line:

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil...because this is MY valley and YOU are the one trespassing."

Not making fun of the thread but remembering my old fence sign.

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What do you mean? God is everywhere, I see it everywhere, manifested, living through all there is.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

..... feel good no matter what.....

My exact same words. Its great to find so much positive ambience in this milieu here.

Very easy to say for someone who got the grip of it - very difficult to comprehend for someone who hasn’t. When I say this phrase to someone who feels miserable and is struggling with an experience they think hurt them, those people just answer back, what do you mean, you can’t just feel good……….. you have to do something………etc etc………..

Just because it is a fact doesn’t mean that we all can tune ourselves so easily.

Then I ask myself what can I do different to get through to them? How can I make them understand where the power to choose your emotions sits. How can I help them to understand how to handle it. What other words to use for them to understand. Can I show them the light? Honestly, most people just can’t do it. And it is not much useful to preach to the converted.

I do understand you though. Lets always choose love and light no matter what and lets climb that glorious mountain that gets brighter with every step we climb and marvel at the magnificent views that never stop getting better and more enticing.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
God is all that has been, is and will be. God is not singularly good because he must be absolute. To be absolute means he must have perfect balance among other things. God is both good and evil. Balance.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

The difficulty of controlling our emotions when we are in the deepest recesses of the valley become exponential to me and is something that i strive to gain control of.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronVelvet
God is all that has been, is and will be. God is not singularly good because he must be absolute. To be absolute means he must have perfect balance among other things. God is both good and evil. Balance.

God has the knowledge of good and evil. This does not imply that He does evil.
IMHO.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If "You" were replaced by "Good" it would be adequate but by attributing these qualities to something external out of the persons control, even when the person succumbs to evil there is God to remind him of good which He does all on His own because that is how man sees God. Man may decide which qualities he values but can't decide for another certainly not God. Even when seduced in an elaborate way by evildoers (which happens in the valley), when a persons will is broken by others, all these qualities can be changed so evil becomes the most important while man may think it is good but then there is God and his will to remind man it is not good because God or the image of God in the mind of the faithful cannot be tainted by evil.

Whether or not he is fictional and only in the mind, God becomes a constant where evil has no power over because it cannot reach God. It might reach man but man cannot reach God or change his image because he is perfection so I think it's quite clever. The downside might be man can never become like God or at least, never as good or perfect as God is but it's a fair trade off to protect oneself against evil. Plus when evil becomes bigger and more elaborate, so does God because each temptation the faithful is exposed to is neutralized by Gods neverending wisdom of which the faithful can watch and learn.
edit on 2/7/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Everyone is good and evil. We live in a world of duality, everything has an opposite. Yin can not exist without Yang. Same with good and evil, you can't have good without evil.
And about the god thing, I think everyone is a god in his own respective manner. We are more than we think we are, we have been underestimating ourselves for a long time. (Because of religion)

Just my opinion :-P

Rise with the Fallen
Peace
edit on 2-7-2012 by Risingfall because: spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

reply to post by Manula

God isn't "Good" energy or "Bad" energy. God is simply energy. As it flows through all creation it takes the quality of the "Masculine" or "Feminine" - The energy of "Pushing - Giving" or "Pulling - Taking".

They say The Kingdom of Heaven is within you and you must be born again like a child...

Pay attention to these words, does a child ever feel weak or powerless? Does a child ever feel ashamed to be as he/she truly is? Does a child care about what others think and allow themselves to be controlled by social constructs? No. At least, not until they are trained into it.

Naturally everyone feels Powerful, and by that, I mean feeling awesome with being you, not criticizing yourself and putting yourself down. It is only later when we hear and BELIEVE and LISTEN TO the criticize of others that we should to separate us from ourselves and criticize ourselves...

Going within, is accepting yourself as you are and knowing that you are awesome no matter what you are going through at the moment. Only by understand your Power, knowing that you are Awesome, will you not fall into being controlled by others, and when you feel Powerful, you don't "depend" on anyone to do anything because you know all is well. You know there is always Potential (Power).

Connect Back With The Source - The White Light - And you'll know it.

Going to Source is not about becoming one to lose identity, it is actually about charging up with more power and becoming even MORE of who you truly are and understanding that while you are an individual you are connected to all that is, which lives of The Power of The Source .

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
What does it mean?
Have you ever wondered... all religious and wise masters say that god is within us, he is with us.
But what is GOD?
Is he a person, an entity?
Is he energy? Is he light? Is he LOVE? Is GOD LOVE?

What do we all want?

Good emotions like love, peace, joy, ecstasy... And we don't want the opposite emotions like fear, hate, desperation etc.

So, follow me, is GOD good energy? Good emotions?

I think it is.

Well, are they in us?

Now comes the epilogue of this thesis: yes they are, we all have the power to choose how we feel no matter what happens, so is GOD/LOVE/JOY/PEACE in us?

Yes, they just need our activation, we just need to be aware that we have the power to feel good no matter what happens because GOD is in us, love is in us, light is in us.

We have to choose to live it, but it is indeed in us.

Don't go looking for GOD/LIGHT/LOVE/PEACE/JOY somewhere else, don't let yourself be dependent of outside sources you cant control to feel GOD/LOVE, because it is in you, just be aware, acknowledge it. Feel it when you want, no matter what happens, the power and the energy of GOD/LOVE is in you.

You can receive good emotions and good energy from the outside, that is not bad, that is good, but don't be dependent from the outside, if the things of this world cease to provide good energy go get it inside yourself, just feel good because you want to, you have that power. Enjoy all the things of this world but remember you don't really need them to be fed with good emotions because you have them in you, you can feel good without a cause, just be loving life and existence.

Remember that we cant control what happens but our emotions can be chosen.

Pain can be imposed, suffering is optional..

Choose LOVE/JOY/PEACE/GOD no matter what happens, connect to GOD within you, free yourself from the impermanent sources of good emotions, be independent, GOD is in you, LOVE is in you, you know why?

Because you are GOD/LOVE/JOY/PEACE, that is your true nature, that is your soul nature but life on earth makes us forget that, we incarnate in a human body, its our job to reconnect to GOD/LOVE/JOY/PEACE/OURSELVES and we can do it at any time because we can control and choose how we feel.

I know this is a rant but i think it belongs here.

Take care and feel free to comment, to agree and disagree, no problem.

I do not agree with this. If God is going to be used as an example in the religious debate then the way you attribute God only with the positive then whatever you think of what God is in fatal error. Otherwise God cannot be G O D. Your opening post is biased as to your own views on all this fluff love and to call it a thesis is laughable and ignorant and is poorly written even for a rant. That is the truth of it and I make no apologies for pointing this out.

I cannot discuss the finer points of this topic until all of you understand just what it is you are are actually discussing.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I understand what you are saying, but to summarize it all we can feel good no matter what happens, this is the key that will transform you from a fearful person to a fearless one.

The key is in being aware and in control of your emotions/energy, because that will make you truly free.

If you control your emotions, you are free.

Sometimes you want to feel brave and courageous, determined, other times you just want to feel at peace and love with existence.

Whatever the situation, if you can be aware and in control of your emotions, you are not a puppet anymore, nothing can control you but your own will.

For me this knowledge is the greatest lesson of my present incarnation, i try to share it hoping people understand the importance of it.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Love and all the good emotions are light.
GOD is love/light.
We are GOD.
But we came to earth, we came to these human bodies to get away from god, to get away from ourselves, to learn how to get back to it, do you know why?
Because we want to deserve it, we want to deserve light, we want to conquer it, we want to learn how to create it.
We don't want it for granted, to be free and independent we want to know how to create light/love, so we need to live a game where we start in darkness and our job is to find the light which is within ourselves, but first we search it outside, then we finally find it where it always has been, in us.

GOD/LOVE/LIGHT is in us.

That´s what I´m saying.

You don't agree? Fine, you are free to believe what you want, this is just an opinion.

<<   2  3 >>

join