It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for You are with me;

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and the only living God..

God is a person and not a "feeling" or "emotion"; We are not Gods That is a lie from the devil the same thing he said in the garden of Eden. Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven.

Its sad that you quote a great bible verse but you do not even know who God is.

Jesus is the true vine.and we will never be truly happy until we can look to him with joy.

Do not be deceived in making a false God in your mind to suit you that is idolatry.

repent and believe on Jesus Christ today and get saved and you will become a child of God.

edit on 4-7-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

God is a person

Ahem... bible fail..

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

So what, what is new age in this thoughts?

Connecting to high emotions is conecting to god is new age?

I cant see how.

Everything is new age now...

If you're exhalting the self over YHWH in order to get an emotional high, you can bet your last dollar it is wrong. New Age and Humanism is about exhalting yourself, not about exhalting Hayah. You won't be focusing on him, but in how you feel. You exhalt in yourself in your flesh as opposed to his Spirit. He can only be worshipped in Spirit.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Proverbs 28:26 - Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
For me God is love, love is the best feeling, when you feel love, you feel your god nature.

This is a belief, of course i respect other opinions, i might change my mind tomorrow so, no problem, the search for wisdom implies the will to change my mind, evolution needs changes we cant be mentally stuck in the bible or any other static idea.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

God is love but he also hates those who practice evil. Do you not know we can know God personally through his word? Love is just a human emotion. God is not simply an emotion. How can a feeling create the universe? There is no logic or sense behind your description of God. The Bible is the inspired word of God, ether you choose read it and find out who God really is, or you will ignore it and find out the truth when you die, but by then it will be too late for you because you will be separated from God and you will feel no love. The only way to heaven is through Jesus.
edit on 6-7-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
reply to post by charles1952

What do you mean? God is everywhere, I see it everywhere, manifested, living through all there is.

Good for you man.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."

This life btw is the valley of the shadow of death, at least it's low points I should say, and that mocking thing called death, it does await us there's no escaping it!

God is the life transcendant, the self aware beingness of everything everywhere always and forever and ever. He was, he is and he is to come, and he is always with us, and as the self aware supreme being of the whole universe, his ACTUAL love? Well, we can't even begin to fathom it, except maybe when we look to Jesus and see it reflected and made transparent there, otherwise being incomprehensible, it's inaccessible to us, so for me, I'm greatful to the Lord, for the manigestation of the eternal Godhead in human form, and even HE had an intimate relationship with the first father of all creation, in that twoness of oneness without which love, and thus God's own love, isn't possible. We are in relationship WITH God AND he is with us, within us, with us in him, but "wait there's more!" he's as much innerent as he is transcendant, so there's this indespensible I-thou relationship with God, the highest frame of reference being a heavenly household within which we are his children, and this place, this earth, his future home when he will be with us, and we will be his children, and he will be our God.

"Surely, goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord, forever."

Amen.

Hey that was pretty good. Bear in mind when I let the spirit write through me, I'm addressing as much myself as anyone, don't want anyone to think that I'm being all preachy and the church minister around here.

edit on 6-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edited

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Then you friend, of all people here, had better be on your best behavior!

What I like about Jesus is that he both sets the standard and liberates us to fully love as we are loved, wherein the will to evil becomes utterly absurd and ridiculous since only love, including self love, produces happiness of the lasting kind. We don't need that much more education in other words, if any, as to the pitfalls of evil. But ther's no need really to warn us of the dire consequences when we already have a God of love to love which transforms us, however fast or slowly, into love itself! So don't be ridiculous. Our work is to recieve more of Christ, not trying not not to not be bad, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Manula

Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and the only living God..

You mean he's here in the flesh? Where is he?

The eternal spiritual representation of him lives on in the domain of light and love and that spirit co-mingles with ours. He's like spiritual food that was processed for our enjoyment, we're to eat and drink of him but I didn't know that it might still be possible to shake his hand!

just kidding around, obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join