It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuscon AZ Offering Rebate if you store your own Rainwater.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I find this interesting. Where in other parts of the county this is not allowed, here it is encouraged.

Here is a snip it from the article " all it the rainfall rebate. Tucson Water is offering its single-family-residential customers a rebate of up to $2,000 for harvesting and storing rainwater. "Rainfall is a resource available to everybody," and the rebate program helps people take advantage of that liquid asset at a reduced cost, said Fernando Molina, a spokesman for Tucson Water.

Link : SOURCE

The rebate is probably less that what it cost to put it, but once you have it , it is there, and in a situation, where there is a breakdown, it would be a great asset . Would like to see this in other areas of Arizona.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

As you said, very interesting considering it isn't allowed in other areas!!! I wonder if this is Arizona going against Agenda 21?

If it is, kudos to them!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This is a good idea and other states and countries should do the same.

I have actually been thinking about doing this lately... Mainly because our tap water now smells so strongly of chorine that my cat refuses to drink it

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paradisepurple

You can buy nozzles for your sink and shower that dechlorinate water. Might make the cats happy

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It is funny up here in Washington state all the houses are required to have gutters and a pump system. All the rain water goes into a collective tank where it is then pumped it into the water system. I'm even required to have my pump system inspected yearly, so they take collecting rain water seriouly here, but there are many other places where it makes even more sense to do.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Tuscon sees a lot of flooding during monsoon season here. The rest of the year is drought. I think it is a great idea. I hope it takes off and we see this in other areas of Arizona. Many of our Aqua firs have been purchased by California, and we get tap water from the Colorado river.

Where I live, the aqua fir under us, was bought by California. Before that happened, this little town had some of the best drinking water in the county under us. Now we have crappy tap like everywhere else, and our land is full of fizzures due to the fast draining.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Tuscon sees a lot of flooding during monsoon season here. The rest of the year is drought. I think it is a great idea. I hope it takes off and we see this in other areas of Arizona. Many of our Aqua firs have been purchased by California, and we get tap water from the Colorado river.

Where I live, the aqua fir under us, was bought by California. Before that happened, this little town had some of the best drinking water in the county under us. Now we have crappy tap like everywhere else, and our land is full of fizzures due to the fast draining.

Yea, I feel bad for you folks out west! I was reading about one town, where they want to fix some water pipes at the base of a mountain, and because of an owl that is on the endangered list, that the feds won't let them get access to the water...............Insanity!!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
reply to post by paradisepurple

You can buy nozzles for your sink and shower that dechlorinate water. Might make the cats happy

Thanks amatrine
I will have a look into it! At the moment she's on our bottled water

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

My cat gets the same bottled water I drink. Only problem with that, is worrying about the BPA that they put in the plastic..................sigh Seems like they got ya comin and a goin....

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
i have heard lots of rumors about not being allowed to collect rain water but where does that ACTUALLY happen??? i think everyone is allowed to collect rainwater on their own property. in my state i think there are incentives. it's small but i do think there are some. i just haven't checked into it. i know there are incentives to install solar panels.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It is illegal in Utah. It was in Colorado, but they have made it legal recently . Here is a news clip on Utah.

top topics

join