It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Republicans Forcing History to Repeat

page: 1
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So what does the French Revolution, Chinese Revolution, Russian Revolution, and the current US economic model all have in common?

Answer: Out of control capitalism that created a huge economic divide between the rich and the poor.

You look at all of these situations, things such as deregulation, price gouging, laws benefiting the rich, and taxes that benefit the rich were all implemented to cater a select few while the rest of society is left fend for themselves. Under the propaganda machine of the right, all of this is being done today under the brainwashing term of "freedom" and supposedly the "constitution." If people extract themselves from the US Political Madness that it is today, it's actually patently clear how blatant the brainwashing is and people just eat it up like hot cakes because they feel that they need to scapegoat their miserable lives on one person or another.

While the republicans continue their hate march, they are being played so badly by the rich it isn't even funny. Before you know it, your average republican supporter will be just as poor as everyone else. There is no hiding from this and how do I know, take a good look at all of the previous revolutions that I mentioned earlier; many of the rich became poor very quickly and many never recovered.

So there you have it folks. There are forces working to enslave the world under the guise of freedom and many of our fellow Americans are unwittingly supporting for this move. Many years will past under this rule, but eventually there will be an uprising as history has shown.

Many republicans like to question why people would support socialism or communism. My take is that it's not a matter of choice, it becomes a matter of necessity after capitalism or totalitarianism sucks the life out of society. Let's face it, there are 6-7 billion people on earth and the current capitalistic model promotes a "winner take all" reality. This is unsustainable and your average republican "capitalist" is actually speeding up the process of the US becoming a socialist/communist state. It will be our only alternative and you will be the ones that put us there.




posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Wow!

Out of control "capitalism" how about out of control socialism,communism,marxism where more than 150 million people would perish without government assistance.

A nation where there are 65 million alone on SS, near 50 million on welfare then add free homes,free educations,healthcare and where half of this nation has zero tax liability.

Yeah history has repeated if anything this nation is more socialist,and communist than capitalist.

Yeah people run around on here and saying "there are some who do not know what socialism,communism is" when you expect other people to pay for your existence, and do not return that money back in to the system might was well be called socialist,or communism,.

Because the people do not control that government check those people who they elect and promises them money for their votes.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
And how many people have perished under the name of capitalism? I would venture to say that the number is even if not more than what you have mentioned.

Out of control socialism/communism is part of the economic pendulum swinging. Fortunately for us, that is so far to the left that we are no where near these situations for now. The status of our current economic model is actually very far to the right....not the left. Where we are right now after the economic collapse is that the pendulum is going to begin swinging very hard to the left in the next decade. Something that I think all of us want to avoid but that's where the republicans are putting this country.

Think about it. Republicans advocate the removal of all safety nets. Under our current situations millions are suffering and that number grows larger by the day...all under the greed motif.





Originally posted by neo96
Wow!

Out of control "capitalism" how about out of control socialism,communism,marxism where more than 150 million people would perish without government assistance.

A nation where there are 65 million alone on SS, near 50 million on welfare then add free homes,free educations,healthcare and where half of this nation has zero tax liability.

Yeah history has repeated if anything this nation is more socialist,and communist than capitalist.

Yeah people run around on here and saying "there are some who do not know what socialism,communism is" when you expect other people to pay for your existence, and do not return that money back in to the system might was well be called socialist,or communism,.

Because the people do not control that government check those people who they elect and promises them money for their votes.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha
So what does the French Revolution, Chinese Revolution, Russian Revolution, and the current US economic model all have in common?

Answer: Out of control capitalism that created a huge economic divide between the rich and the poor.

You look at all of these situations, things such as deregulation, price gouging, laws benefiting the rich, and taxes that benefit the rich were all implemented to cater a select few while the rest of society is left fend for themselves. Under the propaganda machine of the right, all of this is being done today under the brainwashing term of "freedom" and supposedly the "constitution."



You are quoting straight out of the TRUE definition of Corporatist economy (wikipedia changed to a positive definition of corporatism).

Corporate welfare, subsidies, perks for the richest, tax breaks for the richest, Government intrusion into the economy......This is the exact definition of Corporatism.

We haven't had a capitalist economy for a long time. Capitalism=free market with government intervention to prevent fraud and monopolies only.

Republican Democrat they all have the same agenda. The left right paradigm is a divide and conquer trick for the ignorant.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
How's this, I agree with you. But your average right leaning "conservative" is much more susceptible to this just because they fill themselves with their version of propaganda BS on a daily basis. It's really a cult like following.


reply to post by yellowsnow
 



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingAlpha
How's this, I agree with you. But your average right leaning "conservative" is much more susceptible to this just because they fill themselves with their version of propaganda BS on a daily basis. It's really a cult like following.


reply to post by yellowsnow
 



Ya I like to think of it as tribal thinking. It is indoctrination. We need more people who can think for themselves, But currently have so many distractions...



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekingAlpha
 


Man, I wish republicans could force history to repeat itself. I wish we could relive 1981 in 2013 and see Reagan defeat Obama (Carter Jr.) this time and lead the nation back to the most prosperous peacetime economy in history. 

Based on your skewed view of reality and lack of understanding about capitalism displayed in the OP you'd probably argue that Reagan sucked.


If conservatives could make history repeat itself that's what you'd see...8 years of recovery!!



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 



Yeah history has repeated if anything this nation is more socialist,and communist than capitalist.


Well someone doens't know the definition of socialism...

Anyways this country is fascist more than anything.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


Well


There is some dispute among scholars about where along the left/right spectrum that fascism resides.[36][37][38][39] Fascism is commonly described as "extreme right"[40][41] although some writers have found placing fascism on a conventional left-right political spectrum difficult.[42] There is a scholarly consensus that fascism was influenced by both left and right, conservative and anti-conservative, national and supranational, rational and anti-rational.[37] A number of historians have regarded fascism either as a revolutionary centrist doctrine, as a doctrine which mixes philosophies of the left and the right, or as both of those things.[38][39] Fascism was founded during World War I by Italian national syndicalists who combined left-wing and right-wing political views.


en.wikipedia.org...

as a doctrine which mixes philosophies of the left and the right, or as both of those things.

Fascism:


An authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.


People trying to split hairs same authoritarianism which in a nut shell describes socialism



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
What we are seeing is the international Marxist / Corporatist agenda.

The big bangers are the big international corporations (including and especially banks).

They have either infiltrated governments, or the governments have infiltrated the "companies".

Same results either way. It's a big Gordian Knot.

The entire world central banking system has gone into a wild frenzy.

The small local businesses (some are small corporations) are the only thing holding back the big agenda.

Notice how those small businesses are always under attack by governments and big corporations ?



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


What does it being left or right wing have to do with what I said? Absolutely nothing.


People trying to split hairs same authoritarianism which in a nut shell describes socialism


You've demonstrated that you don't know what socialism even is and now you're describing it one post later?



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekingAlpha
 


Hmm... I believe it was Obama that just ordered me to buy a $500 a month insurance package to line the pockets of a health insurance company that will pay their CEO tens of millions in salary and options.

People like you disgust me. Self righteous imbeciles who think their "team" is out to protect and the other "team" is out to screw everyone else. FACT is YOUR team just signed us all over to private corporations, no different than the Republicans who sell us to banks. Wake up and open your eyes.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 



Man, I wish republicans could force history to repeat itself. I wish we could relive 1981 in 2013 and see Reagan defeat Obama (Carter Jr.) this time and lead the nation back to the most prosperous peacetime economy in history.


And how did Reagan do that? Did he, for chance, raise taxes?

I wonder how Reagan would handle the debt from two unpaid for wars, or if Reagan would have bailed out the banks with even more unpaid for debt.

I wonder what "the great communicator" would do when businesses threatened the people with more layoffs if they didn't get another tax break.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Right vs Left bickering is designed to distract from the real issues. ALL CAREER POLITICIANS ARE AT FAULT!


[color=#FF0000]Beware of Democrats and Republicans!! They are all PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Millionaires and lawyers looking out for themselves and their kin while screwing the average American. Americans can never be free until they rid themselves of CRIMINAL GANGSTERS who have to band together in bands called parties which are no better than MS13, The Latin Kings, or any other number of illegal criminal enterprises that prey on the weak and unwary.

Americans need to elect CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not beholding to criminal gangsters who give them backing and financing.
[color=#FFFFFF]
CITIZEN STATESMEN who are not PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS and who love America more than they love power and money.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of Lobbyists for corporations who ply them with under the table cash and benefits.

CITIZEN STATESMEN who will represent us instead of RULING OVER US.

[color=#3333FF]Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

The true patriot is not the man who defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that corrupt government.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag
 


Do you mean "trickle down economics"? By the time it trickled down to me it was yellow and smelled funny.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This whole Reagan thing that the republicans have is truly unbelievable. First of all, his success was predicated on the fact that he performed record deficit spending by borrowing and lowering taxes. Yet, he is hailed as a hero while Obama who is also doing his version of record deficit spending is killing America.

This is a perfect example of a complete mental disconnect by the republicans. This is the brainwashing I am talking about. These people really do not know any better. They truly are convinced that their policies are the best for this country and it is patently clear that their inability to face reality and apply facts continue to be their downfall and will eventually cost this country greatly.



Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SeekingAlpha
 


Man, I wish republicans could force history to repeat itself. I wish we could relive 1981 in 2013 and see Reagan defeat Obama (Carter Jr.) this time and lead the nation back to the most prosperous peacetime economy in history. 

Based on your skewed view of reality and lack of understanding about capitalism displayed in the OP you'd probably argue that Reagan sucked.


If conservatives could make history repeat itself that's what you'd see...8 years of recovery!!



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekingAlpha
 


You’re right…we just need 4 more years of Obama and things will be much better, right?





Let’s look at what Reagan did and you can compare it to the past 4 years of Obama on your own:


On 8 of the 10 key economic variables examined, the American economy performed better during the Reagan years than during the pre- and post-Reagan years.

• Real economic growth averaged 3.2 percent during the Reagan years versus 2.8 percent during the Ford-Carter years and 2.1 percent during the Bush-Clinton years.

• Real median family income grew by $4,000 during the Reagan period after experiencing no growth in the pre-Reagan years; it experienced a loss of almost $1,500 in the post-Reagan years.

• Interest rates, inflation, and unemployment fell faster under Reagan than they did immediately before or after his presidency.

•The only economic variable that was worse in the Reagan period than in both the pre- and post-Reagan years was the savings rate, which fell rapidly in the 1980s. The productivity rate was higher in the pre-Reagan years but much lower in the post-Reagan years.

CATO

You should download and read the full PDF. Liberals don’t understand the difference between ‘spending money’ and ‘strategically spending money’ ...and by the way, expenses incurred from giving tax cuts cannot be considered ‘spending money’.

Some of you will NEVER get it.

Please tell me how what Obama has done IN ANY WAY matches the results achieved by Reagan….I’ll wait!



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
and by the way, expenses incurred from giving tax cuts cannot be considered ‘spending money’.




This is what Republicans actually believe.


Seriously.



posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
So let me see if I got you right. Both Reagan and Obama performed deficit spending, but the difference is that Reagan conducted "strategic spending" vs. Obama's "spending money." I get it now (note sarcasm).

Get out of here with this a$$ backward logic.



Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by SeekingAlpha
 


You’re right…we just need 4 more years of Obama and things will be much better, right?





Let’s look at what Reagan did and you can compare it to the past 4 years of Obama on your own:


On 8 of the 10 key economic variables examined, the American economy performed better during the Reagan years than during the pre- and post-Reagan years.

• Real economic growth averaged 3.2 percent during the Reagan years versus 2.8 percent during the Ford-Carter years and 2.1 percent during the Bush-Clinton years.

• Real median family income grew by $4,000 during the Reagan period after experiencing no growth in the pre-Reagan years; it experienced a loss of almost $1,500 in the post-Reagan years.

• Interest rates, inflation, and unemployment fell faster under Reagan than they did immediately before or after his presidency.

•The only economic variable that was worse in the Reagan period than in both the pre- and post-Reagan years was the savings rate, which fell rapidly in the 1980s. The productivity rate was higher in the pre-Reagan years but much lower in the post-Reagan years.

CATO

You should download and read the full PDF. Liberals don’t understand the difference between ‘spending money’ and ‘strategically spending money’ ...and by the way, expenses incurred from giving tax cuts cannot be considered ‘spending money’.

Some of you will NEVER get it.

Please tell me how what Obama has done IN ANY WAY matches the results achieved by Reagan….I’ll wait!




posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd
 



This is what Republicans actually believe.


Seriously.


It’s not the government’s money!! Allowing someone to keep more of what they earn isn’t spending!

Let’s say you have monthly expenses of $1,000 and you get the money to fund your expenses by donations from friends.

If you decide to only take 75% of the donations next month that means the people who donate to you have 25% more in their pocket and you have a 25% deficit.

Would you then claim that you generously ‘spent money’ on your friends??



new topics

top topics



 
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join