It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird trail in the sky (my photos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

Not but 10 minutes or so ago, I was sitting on the step watching my kids play and chatting with my neighbor when we both looked up and saw this trail. Now, I have seen plenty of contrails left from planes in my life, enough to know what one looks like, and this IMO, is not one.

It was behind all the clouds and was moving quite fast relative to them.

It also ended quite abruptly, and by abruptly I mean in the middle of the sky. It was also very large, larger than any other contrail I have ever seen.

Just a few FYI before looking at the photos; the first 2 I am facing due south, the real contrail, straight up, and the last on due east. It is about 8:45ish so this happened at about 8:30.

This is of a real contrail not but 5 minutes after we saw the bigger one.

After a few minutes it appears as it was just a cloud and has moved almost all the way though the sky.

Now I am not saying this is a UFO or for sure this is not a contrail, but we couldn't see what was making it and it all of a sudden stopped.

The picture of the actual contrail was to show that I can see a plane and to show what normal contrails look like.

Me and my neighbor though it could have perhaps been a rocket or something of the like...

But, That's why I brought it here, for all of your opinions...

Is this normal?

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I also have more pictures if people need more.

I'm a professional photographer, so I take a billion photo's of everything.

Thanks

Pred...

Oh, and one more thing to add. Originally the trail was headed from the south directly to the north.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
looks like a normal contrail...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It looks like a normal persistent contrail. I've seen them do that when they hit patches of atmosphere that are more conducive to persistence than other patches are. There's no telling what type of aircraft left it without a pic or a description, but the newer jet engines are more likely to leave persistent contrails, and bigger contrails than older engines.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That's why I took a picture of a normal contrail at the same time.

You guys might be right but compare the other on with the normal one and they don't look similar.

Thanks for your opinions though.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

One may have been at a different altitude, so it was larger and lasted longer than the other. Or one aircraft was an older aircraft, and one a newer one. The newer high bypass turbofan engines leave a much bigger and longer lasting contrail than older turbofan engines. So if one was say a 737 with older CFM engines, and one an A330 or A340 with newer RR turbofans, you get two different contrails.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Is it weird that we couldn't see the plane? Even with my camera with a 400mm lens?

I am ignorant when it comes to aircrafts and the type of contrail they leave, so this one was quite interesting to me.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Now, are you serious? You are asking what this is? It is a ChemTrail. You know, made of Chemicals. Been going on for years now. hopefully you will look into this if you have not already been introduced to them..... They are supposedly to reflect the harmful heat back up into the atmosphere, but are made of deadly toxins that are causing all kinds of respiratory diseases and cancers. Google: Geoengineering for the 'official definitions. Google: Chemtrails for the real stories.... Later, Syx.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Not really. I've known almost the exact flight path a plane was going to take after take off and had a really hard time finding it. If it was a smaller commercial aircraft it would be hard to find, even with a nice lens, unless you are used to shooting aircraft. I used to talk to a guy on here that was really good at aircraft photography, and had some great lenses, and even he had trouble sometimes finding what was going overhead.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
? afterburners from a military jet

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Look up chemtrails. Chemtrails are thought to be a global geoengineering conspiracy and or population control, or HAARP amplifier. I have seen documents that talked of aluminum and barium particles used in a airforce arousal program to "extend radar". Whether or not you're picture is an ordinary persistent contrail or a chemtrail depends on the altitude and level of humidity. Its is common knowledge a regular contrail last 30sec-1min. and a persistent contrail occurs because of certain humidity levels and plane altitude. Therefore it is not to far fetched to conclude that not all trails left by planes would create persistent contrails, and the amount of persistent trails left by planes is evidence of something other than a contrail. The physics of water vapor is different than a aerosol this explains why ordinary persistent contrails dissipate over time. On the other hand an arousal of aluminum, barium, ect. suspended in the atmosphere will fan out and create an artificial cloud system. This explains the line and square clouds. Also this explains the silver haze generated around said chemtrails. Is our sky being tampered with? It has before and the government has lied before. This is a serious matter and is ridiculed by mainstream culture. But don't just take my word for it. Do your own research and ask questions. Look up "what in the world are they spraying" on youtube also include many other sources. If this is a conspiracy in plain site don't expect much support from officials.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyxDaliGee
Now, are you serious? You are asking what this is? It is a ChemTrail. You know, made of Chemicals. Been going on for years now. hopefully you will look into this if you have not already been introduced to them..... They are supposedly to reflect the harmful heat back up into the atmosphere, but are made of deadly toxins that are causing all kinds of respiratory diseases and cancers. Google: Geoengineering for the 'official definitions. Google: Chemtrails for the real stories.... Later, Syx.

Totally agree Syx. And this would not be the first time that a chemical trail
has been captured on camera or video without any apparent attached source of dispersal.

p.s. it's 5a.m. where i am at. I just stuck my head out the door to observe
a beautiful morning along with 3 huge trails being freshly laid.

I have seen this effect before, whereby the trail seems to attract the surrounding
air and quickly spread. By design, i'm sure.

Another morning that starts off well and quickly descends.
Overcast day anyone?

Bastards!!
edit on 30-6-2012 by OutonaLimb because: Insert pictures and comment

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
OMG i took an almost identical photo just this evening!!!

img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-6-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

*sorry it's a link. i've only put a pic in a post once before and i forgot how to do it.

but seriously... it's like the ones i see every day.
edit on 30-6-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
That's why I took a picture of a normal contrail at the same time.

You guys might be right but compare the other on with the normal one and they don't look similar.

They don't look similar because a contrail can completely change it's appearance over time. By the looks of it, the large contrail is comparatively older, and the aircraft that made it is likely long gone from your frame. The photo of a contrail being made shows clear, well defined trails, yet over time a contrail can change shape, distort, grow, persist or dissipate, depending on the conditions.

A contrail can start and stop forming quickly, as the aircraft moves through different parts of the atmosphere with different properties. For example, if a plane making contrails starts to descend, it may move into air that is not favourable for contrail formation, and the aircraft will cease to produce a visible contrail. This is not at all unusual or uncommon.
edit on 30/6/12 by Curious and Concerned because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Is it weird that we couldn't see the plane? Even with my camera with a 400mm lens?

Did you see it being made?

It looks like an "old" contrail, not a "fresh" one.

One of the reasons it looks different appears to be the fact that it was affected by strong side winds, as it was moving sideways, if I understood what you said right.

new topics

top topics

join