It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians read?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This helped me a bit.
I hope you don't take offence in my words and that you watch this with an open mind.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I'm watching it.. Halfway through. This still leads me to believe satan is not a person but is the evil inside the people who are evil though.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tingle

Your not wrong with that statement.
There is more to the answer though.
Keep watching the series!
Either way i hope and pray you get what your looking for.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The true seeker isn't detoured by physical beauty. It's the feeling of love that's imparted that reinforces the authenticity of GOD.

Those who know GOD, they will never be deceived by a picture perfect impostor.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I agree with you.
At the same time i don't think you give enough credit to the role that near perfect beauty can play on a mortals mind regardless of what can be found in our hearts we are all tested at some point.
Beauty can be a deadly weapon and the source of much temptation and decent from grace.
Now inner beauty is something much greater and that's the only hope i have.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

One can recognize fakery if one has seen natural beauty; the near perfect beauty of a gilded church, or the perfection of a flower in bloom. I laugh at the audacity of pretend beauty!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tingle
shaluach, I don't know what could be holding me back? I guess it's just because I've always prayed to God so to so speak and not to Jesus I suppose..

Well then I would definitely suggest taking some time to commune with not only the Father, but the entire Elohim Godhead. Spent some of your time in solitary praise and worship and take time not only praising the Father, but also praising the Son and the Ru'ach ha'Kodesh (Holy Spirit). Take time to get to know the entire Godhead. By doing so you will reap the full blessing and be able to experience the Godhead in Its totality.

Possibly also keep track of how you grow in your relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I know I for one would love to see the progress you make.

Baruch ha'Shem!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Tingle

i would suggest reading his words to understand him...

Start at matthew... and stop at the end of John...

Thats everything you'll need...

Reading Thomas is also a good suggestion

Skip the OT completely...

edit on 30-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I absolutely object to this advice. The "OT" (the Hebrew Scriptures) is absolutely essential to understanding the Godhead in Its entirety. It is imperative to get the full picture and aids in understanding the role of Yehoshuah.

Also, don't stop at Yochannon (John). Read the entire New Testament. The entire Scriptures from beginning to end is an overall narrative.

Please excuse my nerd side coming out for a minute, but think of it this way. If you were trying to understand, for instance, Darth Vader, would you only watch Episode IV or only half of Episode IV? No. You watch the whole Star Wars saga, all 6 episodes.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tingle

Look I'm just saying I don't think the guy with the flames and the trident (is it a trident?) is real. I believe in evil yes, evil is definitely there I see and feel it, I think your idea of satan is my idea of evil in general, except I don't think of it as a person/devil type character.

Most people I know believe in satan I think actually

Well, that's not Helel ben Shachar (the Scriptural name for Satan). That's the modern interpretation of him based on other pagan deities.
edit on 7/1/12 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Yes but i believe they all work together under the leadership of one certain dbag that we call satan.
Telling them apart is not as important as finding and accepting the trinity into ones life.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

reply to post by Tingle

i would suggest reading his words to understand him...

Start at matthew... and stop at the end of John...

Thats everything you'll need...

Reading Thomas is also a good suggestion

Skip the OT completely...

edit on 30-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I absolutely object to this advice. The "OT" (the Hebrew Scriptures) is absolutely essential to understanding the Godhead in Its entirety. It is imperative to get the full picture and aids in understanding the role of Yehoshuah.

Also, don't stop at Yochannon (John). Read the entire New Testament. The entire Scriptures from beginning to end is an overall narrative.

Please excuse my nerd side coming out for a minute, but think of it this way. If you were trying to understand, for instance, Darth Vader, would you only watch Episode IV or only half of Episode IV? No. You watch the whole Star Wars saga, all 6 episodes.

Ya but who asked you?

This was for the OP...

Of course he did ask "christians" and i am not one...

Though i don't believe he asked for "advice so shaluach can critique it" ...

edit on 1-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ya but who asked you?

No one has to ask me. This is a public forum. If you can't handle someone "critiquing" your "advice" then why are you even on here?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tingle

Listen to windword....she knows what she's talking about, and I agree with her completely. Don't listen to the fundamentalists. You are spot on....
and congratulations for being a "success story" out of the Catholic faith. Your personal relationship with the Divine is what matters. You achieved it -- and therefore, you have no need to worry yourself over what others say you're "supposed" to feel.

Jesus taught that we are all able to achieve spiritual oneness with God....
and you got the message. Well done.

Look into Buddhism a bit for more -- Jesus studied with the Buddhists, and was a member of the gnostic Essenes. It's all about rising above the shallow materialism of wealth and realizing we are all One. Good for you. I suspect this ain't your first time around the block...you are a more evolved soul than some.

No worries, we all get there. You're closer than most.

edit on 1-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tingle

Read this book, The Desire of Ages . (if you search around a bit you can find a pdf file version of it as well, unless you want to buy the book from an online store)

I grew up in a Christian family but never felt all that connected with Jesus or had a strong personal relationship with Him until I read that book when I was about 17. It is the greatest book written on Jesus and you will come to be very close to give will reading it because you will be learning heaps about Him, Jesus the human with all His emotions. I could not recommend anything better other than praying beforehand to let the Spirit guide you while reading it each time you open up the book, and praying of your desire to know Jesus more.

All the best

P.S I would not be listening to 'windword' for advice on Jesus when she has told me the Bible account of Jesus are lies, Jesus is not God, Jesus never died for you. She had a run in with a spirit claiming to be Jesus, it was not.

'Some' of the tests for Testing the Spirits

Agrees with Scripture
Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Brings forth good fruit
Matthew 7:17
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Bears the fruits of the Spirit
Galatians 5:22-24
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Knows God and hears truth
1 John 4:6
We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Loves Jesus
John 8:42
Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Loves others
1 John 4:8
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Hears God’s words (and keeps them)
John 8:47
He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Opens the door and invites Jesus in (is receptive to Christ)
Revelation 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Does the will of God
Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Teaches plainly
1 Corinthians 14:32-33
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Is taught by the Holy Spirit, remembering that which is taught
John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Has wisdom, understanding, counsel, might, knowledge, fear of the Lord, quick of understanding. Judges not by sight and does not reprove by the hearing.
Isaiah 11:2-3
And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears.

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Makes melody in his heart to the Lord. Gives thanks to God. Serves others in the fear of God.
Ephesians 5:18-21
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Confirms that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God
Matthew 16:16-17
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Lives soberly, righteously, and godly. Judges himself by the word of God and finds perfect harmony in it.

Keeps the commandments of God

Hears God’s prophets. Confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

Tests all teaching and experience by God’s Word

[url=http://www.formypeople.org/En/31_testing_the_spirits.shtml]reference: Testing the Spirits

Jesus NEVER studied with the Buddhists, NOR was a member of the gnostic Essenes.

The Essenes and Gnosticism is saying that Jesus talked crap to the regular people but what he really meant was told to these secretive groups. This whole line of thinking will get you trapped in secret society and Illuminati mind deceptions doubt the foundation for faith, the Word of God before you can blink an eye....don't even bother considering that way, it will be one ruin. As soon as Satan has you doubting he foundation of faith then he has got you by the hook and can sway you whatever which way he wants with now no guide to ever center you back.

Guess who runs all these secret societies?

Once one understands the importance that these mystical keys hold in Kabbalah, Rosicrucianism, Freemasonic mysticism, and other mystery traditions, there can be (and is) but one reasonable interpretation for the connection in the Vatican and the seventy-two pentagrams at the base of the Apotheosis of Washington. These are there to bind and control the demons over the nations to honor the dedication made by early American Freemasons and certain Roman devotees for a New Atlantis and New World Order under the coming antichrist deity Osiris/Apollo.
Horn, Thomas R.; Putnam, Cris D. (2012-04-15). Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope Is Here (Kindle Locations 3136-3140)

Hector Macpherson, The Jesuits in History (Edinburgh: Macniven and Wallace, 1914): 126:
They [i.e., the Jesuits] have so constantly mixed themselves up in court and state intrigues that they must, in justice, be reproached with striving after world dominion. They cost kings their lives, not on the scaffold, but by assassination, and equally hurtful as the society of Illuminati;

Moreover, the Pope has thousands of secret agents worldwide. They include Jesuits, the Knights of Columbus, Knights of Malta, Opus Dei, and others. The Vatican’s Intelligence Service and its field resources are second to none. source: Dave Hunt A Woman Rides the Beast (Eugene, OR: Harvest House Publishers, 1994): 87.

“P-2 Masonry” (John Daniel, author of the book, “The Grand Design Exposed”; 1999; Page 169): “There is a Masonic Propaganda group, number two…known as the ‘P-2 Club’, with its headquarters being in Rome. …The P-2 Club is a propaganda society of the world’s elite which includes high-ranking Roman Catholic prelates and, of course, Jesuits.”

If you trace up Masonry, through all its Orders, till you come to the grand tip-top, head Mason of the World, you will discover that the dread individual and the Chief of the Society of Jesus are one and the same person!
James Parton (1855), as quoted in M. F. Cusack, The Black Pope (London: Marshall, Russell & Co., 1896): 76.

To remembrance 'New Age' interpretations of Jesus as espoused by the New Age is to be back under the hold of the Vatican preventing you from getting to know the real Jesus, and preparing yourself to be deceived by the NWO anti-Christ that will come impersonating Jesus second coming to establish the visible satanic kingdom on earth (to institute the Beast's mark system and cause people to throw away their eternal life). So STEER CLEAR OF THEM
edit on 1-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

Yes, what it basically comes down to is whether Tingle wants to experience Yehoshuah or not; whether he wants to experience every aspect of the Godhead or not. If not then I guess he should listen to people like Windword and Wildtimes. If he does then he should listen to us "fundamentalists." And I love how that word is used with such a scathing tone as if it's an insult or a bad word. Fundamentalist only means you follow the fundamentals of your faith. It is not synonymous with extremists. I am proud to be a fundamentalist.

Basically it comes down to what the point of the OP was. Does the OP want this relationship with Yehoshuah or was he merely remarking that he never felt that relationship?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So, the OP says he has a relationship with GOD, but has done so without having met Jesus. Now you come along to try to shake his faith, because he hasn't had a visitation from Jesus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have had a visitation from Jesus, in my living room, in broad daylight. He was in paradise, surrounded by loving individuals. He reached out his hand and smiled at me, as if to say that I was welcome to be where he is and where he is, is right here.

When I told you about my visitation from Jesus, you said it couldn't have been Jesus.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From your point of view, you would say it is the real Jesus. From my point of view I would say that if it was a visit in person then it wasn't Him for sure (only in a dream or vision would you see Him), that as of 1844 He has been conducting the Investigative Judgement in the Most Holy Place in the Heavenly sanctuary and would not leave there to make an impromptu literal visit to Earth.

Really? Jesus is too busy to make a visit to his seekers, so.........................That explains it OP!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

Yes, what it basically comes down to is whether Tingle wants to experience Yehoshuah or not; whether he wants to experience every aspect of the Godhead or not. If not then I guess he should listen to people like Windword and Wildtimes. If he does then he should listen to us "fundamentalists." And I love how that word is used with such a scathing tone as if it's an insult or a bad word. Fundamentalist only means you follow the fundamentals of your faith. It is not synonymous with extremists. I am proud to be a fundamentalist.

Basically it comes down to what the point of the OP was. Does the OP want this relationship with Yehoshuah or was he merely remarking that he never felt that relationship?

There is only one GOD. Jesus said this himself. If one finds the way to that "ONE TRUE GOD" there is no need to dissect it, looking for personalities and names like Jesus, or Jehovah or the dove that represents the Holy Spirit. There is nothing missing, in the spirit of GOD, there is no need for further inquiries.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

There is only one GOD. Jesus said this himself. If one finds the way to that "ONE TRUE GOD" there is no need to dissect it, looking for personalities and names like Jesus, or Jehovah or the dove that represents the Holy Spirit. There is nothing missing, in the spirit of GOD, there is no need for further inquiries.

Yehoshuah also said if you have seen Me you have seen the Father. Paul also wrote that Christ was the image of the invisible God. The Scriptures also say

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

-John 1

So if you want to go verse for verse in the Scriptures and what it says, we can do that. You are being dishonest in your isolation of a few verses without the full context of the overall Scriptural narrative, especially the NT.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Really? Jesus is too busy to make a visit to his seekers, so.........................That explains it OP!

You do not understand the 2300 day (2300 prophetic year) prophecy which began at the time of the rebuilding of the second temple and terminates in 1844 (the prophecy relates to the passages in the middle chapters of Daniel and specifically mentioned in Daniel 8:14)

Since 1844 Jesus moved from the Holy Place in the Heavenly Sanctuary to the Most Holy Place to begin the investigative into the life records (described clearly in Hebrews chaper 9) of everyone who ever existed to determine who makes it into the 'book of life' or not. Jesus the physical entity can not be 2 places at once. That is where He is right now and that is where He will remain until His Second Coming (they don't call it the 'second coming' if he continues to come back multiple times to Earth since He ascended up.

Jesus can give people dreams and messages while He is still in the Most Holy Place so he can still reach people that way but so can the fallen angels. Jesus though can not physically be in 2 places at once so to say you had a visit from Him (especially when you have no basis for knowing if it is Him or not because you reject the Bible as a foundation of Truth) shows that it wasn't Him
edit on 1-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Although the New Testament of the Bible contains some inspirational stories and some of Jesus' teaching, the Bible is not the word of God. I don't go around quoting scriptures, that are penned by questionable authority, to prove my point.

The truth is NOT in the Bible. The truth is found within.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join