It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians read?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JesuitGarlic

There is no need for your distractive mumbo jumbo to find a place in the heart of GOD.

All your charts and graphs have nothing to do with individual spiritual development.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by shaluach

Although the New Testament of the Bible contains some inspirational stories and some of Jesus' teaching, the Bible is not the word of God. I don't go around quoting scriptures, that are penned by questionable authority, to prove my point.

The truth is NOT in the Bible. The truth is found within.

The first lie in the Garden of Eden, 'you will not surely die, you will be like gods'

Guess what, Adam and Eve did die, they are D.E.A.D....they never become gods, we are not gods.

What you find within is called your perception, your perception drives your reality. Because you say something from your perception doesn't make it reality/truth.

All my charts and graphs show that you are under the same induced deception from the Great Deceiver himself (and have not escaped the grips of the Vatican at all)
edit on 1-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm not conveying my perception. I am reinforcing the OP's truth, that he has found GOD. It's your perception that he hasn't. You are doing the work of "the accuser." You are planting seeds of doubt and summoning imagined demons to his mind, that he might be deceived. You are a distracter and a deceiver.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Incorrect, the OP has found GOD (perhaps the Father perhaps Jesus) but is seeking to know Him as Jesus specifically, trying develop more of a personal relationship with Him. With the book I suggested for Him which helped me form a personal relationship with Jesus, the OP will be able to as well.

What I am warning about is the dangerous slippery slope of deceptions he will go down seeking to find Jesus outside of sources that are not in-line with the Word. I am not going to let someone seeking sincere advice be lead down that slippery slope. I am going to warn the OP how the slippery slope is constructed, what it kinda looks like when you get there and traveling along it(eg. words like gnostic, Kabala, secret teachings revealed to a few only, Jesus not come in the fresh nor died for you) and then the alternative proven path that I have personal experience with. The OP can then decide for himself if he wants to search for 'truth' inside a mystery of an enigma or something that is right in your face rock solid Word.

The diagrams of structure and roots of the New Age Movement come from people who have run infiltrations into them (Gary Kah, and Constance Cumbey) and learned all of that from the leaders (from the horses mouth) themselves...
edit on 1-7-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic

Incorrect, the OP has found GOD (perhaps the Father perhaps Jesus) but is seeking to know Him as Jesus specifically, trying develop more of a personal relationship with Him. With the book I suggested for Him which helped me form a personal relationship with Jesus, the OP will be able to as well.

No, that's not what the OP said.

basically I'm a Catholic and all through my life I've always felt really close to God but I've never really felt close to Jesus.. I just want to know if you'd have any idea why this is? Is it normal? I'm a really spiritual guy and meditate a lot and stuff.

The OP didn't ask for help in how to find Jesus. He is relaying that he has found God, without feeling close to Jesus and asks for input from others.

I gave my input of reinforcement of his experience with God as being valid.

You have not validated his experience with the "source" but have attacked his church, his experience and introduced imaginary demons to distract him from his path. Rather than rejoicing that he is on the path, you wave around detour signs that point to conspiracies and plots of ruin.

What I am warning about is the dangerous slippery slope of deceptions he will go down seeking to find Jesus outside of sources that are not in-line with the Word. I am not going to let someone seeking sincere advice be lead down that slippery slope. I am going to warn the OP how the slippery slope is constructed, what it kinda looks like when you get there and traveling along it(eg. words like gnostic, Kabala, secret teachings revealed to a few only, Jesus not come in the fresh nor died for you) and then the alternative proven path that I have personal experience with. The OP can then decide for himself if he wants to search for 'truth' inside a mystery of an enigma or something that is right in your face rock solid Word.

There isn't a slippery slope on the path that the OP is already on. You are creating a road map, filled with boogie men and boobie traps, to follow to find deceit and lies. Why do you bring attention to ruin that wasn't needed or asked for? You are planting seeds of fear and doubt that weren't there to begin with. That is not very Christian of you.

The OP never said that he dabbled in Kabbalah, or Gnostics or secret societies and their teachings. You're advertising and bringing attention to these things, that you supposedly hate. But seeing all the time and research you've put into compiling your posts, I'd say that you are very attracted to this knowledge.

The OP practices simple prayer and meditation, and apparently it's working. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

edit on 1-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yeah the guy is asking

I just want to know if you'd have any idea why this is? Is it normal?

I know catholic doctrine very well and know very much why it is. I decided not to do a full blown analysis of apostate teachings of Rome which combine together to make it rather difficult for people to establish personal relationships with Jesus. I could do a big analysis of it, but it would mostly be perceived as me saying 'why choose to follow apostate teaching' which would not be too useful.

Considering that Jesus says, 'Nobody comes to the Father expect through me' I would say it is NOT a success story to seem to find God yet not know Him as Jesus or have an established personal connection with Jesus.

Jesus here talking about Himself as the doorway or gate:

Luke 13:25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.' "But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.'

when 'wildtimes' bringing up these falsehoods leading directly down the slippery slope (Jesus not holding to Jewish faith, Jesus a member of secret societies, promoting reincarnation, promoting evolution when Jesus is actually the source of the creation of the whole universe):

Look into Buddhism a bit for more -- Jesus studied with the Buddhists, and was a member of the gnostic Essenes. It's all about rising above the shallow materialism of wealth and realizing we are all One. Good for you. I suspect this ain't your first time around the block...you are a more evolved soul than some.

Then I am going to make sure such falsehoods are clearly known and also link it to the appropriate source (who is not teaching Jesus properly) the Vatican who are also the purveyors of the New Age Movement through the secret societies that they control that are designed to destroy protestantism.

But seeing all the time and research you've put into compiling your posts, I'd say that you are very attracted to this knowledge.

The posts take no time for me at all to compile, I speak on this issues all the time and I know them like the back of my hand. I know the traps laid out by the 'son of perdition', the one who hides himself in amongst the other disciples.
------
It certainly isn't any wonder he can't connect with Jesus properly from Catholic teaching seeing that the bible clearly points out the the source of Catholic doctrine, the Vatican (Papacy considered 'infallible') is clearly pointed out to be the Beast of the sea of Revelation 13, whom we are told in Revelation 13:2 was given its throne, power and great authority by the Dragon [Satan].

Exterminates 3 nations...Rome will concede to it...Political & religious in one...Will reside on 7 hills...Rules for 1260 years...Will receive mortal wound...Mortal wound will heal...Was, is not, yet is...Will blaspheme...Will expect worship...Dark Sentences...Says Jesus had not flesh...Craftiness and deceit...Preaches another Jesus...666 the number of a man...Will hate the Bible...Will kill Christians...All wonder after him...Will embrace Babylon...Will join with all kings...Will mock Jesus...No desire for women...Beast forces Christians into hiding for 1260 years...Will be a mother church...Try's changing times & law
All verses outline and back up with evidence

If you have Satan pulling the strings behind the Vatican then obviously he is going to design a process of religion that people will find it very difficult to connect with Jesus natively.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What Buddhists did Jesus study with?

Eric

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm not an expert in these matters, but I wish you well in your search. A closer relationship to Jesus is a laudable goal.

This may not be very helpful, but have you thought of looking into others who have had that relationship and seeing what worked for them?

Here's a site that talks about the Mystics of the Church: www.mysticsofthechurch.com...

They may be an inspiration.

Good luck!

Eric

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Considering that Jesus says, 'Nobody comes to the Father expect through me' I would say it is NOT a success story to seem to find God yet not know Him as Jesus or have an established personal connection with Jesus.

This doctrine must be false or it has been misinterpreted, seeing that many people have found god without having the so called personal relationship with Jesus.

Jesus taught "the way." So did Buddha. Buddhism, by the way, was a prominent and widespread religion during the times of Jesus, and much of what he taught were also the same things that Buddha taught.

Historical evidence indicates that Jesus knew about Buddhism, simply because both he and it were in Judea during the same time. Other evidence, while perhaps apocryphal, indicates that he spent most of his so-called lost years outside Judea, possibly in Kashmir to study Buddhism exclusively.

JESUS: "A foolish man, which built his house on sand."
BUDDHA: "Perishable is a city built on sand." (30)
JESUS: "Therefore confess your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed."
BUDDHA: "Confess before the world the sins you have committed." (31)
JESUS: "In him we have redemption through his blood, the foregiveness of sins."
BUDDHA: "Let all sins that were committed in this world fall on me, that the world may be delivered." (32)
JESUS: "Do to others as you would have them do to you."
BUDDHA: "Consider others as yourself." (33)
JESUS: "If anyone strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also."
BUDDHA: "If anyone should give you a blow with his hand, with a stick, or with a knife, you should abandon all desires and utter no evil words." (34)
JESUS: "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you."
BUDDHA: "Hatreds do not cease in this world by hating, but by love: this is an eternal truth. Overcome anger by love, overcome evil by good." (35)
JESUS: "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."
BUDDHA: "Let your thoughts of boundless love pervade the whole world." (36)
JESUS: "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to cast a stone at her."
BUDDHA: "Do not look at the faults of others or what others have done or not done; observe what you yourself have done and have not done." (37)
JESUS: "You father in heaven makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous."
BUDDHA: "The light of the sun and the moon illuminates the whole world, both him who does well and him who does ill, both him who stands high and him who stands low." (38)
JESUS: "If you wish to be perfect, go sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven."
BUDDHA: "The avaricious do not go to heaven, the foolish do not extol charity. The wise one, however, rejoicing in charity, becomes thereby happy in the beyond." (39)

www.thezensite.com...

There is evidence to support that Jesus visited the far east and was known to the locals as St Issa. Akragon has a thread on St Issa and the link to Jesus here: www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Akragon

Here's a quote from Akragon on one of the citings of the words of St Issa.

Chapter 9

10 The Israelites came in crowds at the word of Issa, asking him where they should praise the Heavenly Father, seeing that the enemy had razed their temples to the ground and laid low their sacred vessels.

11 And Issa made answer to them that God had not in view temples erected by the hands of man, but he meant that the human heart was the true temple of God.

John

12 "Enter into your temple, into your heart. Illumine it with good thoughts and the patience and immovable confidence which you should have in your Father.

Matthew

13 "And your sacred vessels, they are your hands and your eyes. See and do that which is agreeable to God, for in doing good to your neighbor you accomplish a rite which embellishes the temple wherein dwells he who gave you life.

Matthew

14 "For God has created you in his own likeness-innocent, with pure souls and hearts filled with goodness, destined not for the conception of evil schemes but made to be sanctuaries of love and justice.

Matthew

15 "Wherefore I say unto you, sully not your hearts, for the Supreme Being dwells therein eternally.

Luke

16 "If you wish to accomplish works marked with love or piety, do them with an open heart and let not your actions be governed by calculations or the hope of gain.

Matthew

17 "For such actions would not help to your salvation, and you would fall into that state of moral degradation where theft, lying, and murder pass for generous deeds."

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Is there any supporting evidence for Christ's being in India aside from Notovitch's work?

I'm not saying he wasn't there, as I don't know. I just think it's highly unlikely and it's been demonstrated that Notovitch is most likely a fraud.

Eric

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

unfortunatly there isn't as far as i know...

Issa's story might have been made up... i don't deny the controversy behind the it

Though its very possible that Jesus traveled to india in those missing years... and its possible his life was documented in places other then the bible...

What interested me about this story was the powerful words that Issa said... they are remarkably similar to Jesus... but until someone or anyone can verify the story where it came from... it remains a mystery as to whether or not it actually was Jesus.

All i ask is that you read it for yourself and decide...

As for the OP... i stick to my original statement... You can not understand Jesus by listening to what others said about him... He was "the way"... the bible is NOT the way...

IF you want a relationship with Jesus you must understand him... and what he said...

Yes there are verses in the OT that refer to his comming... but, the God of the OT is not Jesus... Nor does Jesus represent this so called "God"...

Compare the two... for yourself... and don't let anyone here (including myself) or Anyone else tell you what to believe... Your heart will tell you what is true...

You say you have a relationship with God... if that is the case you already know God speaks through our heart...

Read HIS words...

And let him speak

edit on 1-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Is there any supporting evidence for Christ's being in India aside from Notovitch's work?

I'm not saying he wasn't there, as I don't know. I just think it's highly unlikely and it's been demonstrated that Notovitch is most likely a fraud.

Eric

Everything and everyone who has written or supposed anything that isn't in the Bible is perpetrated as a fraud. Look at how the Essenes and the Gnostics were and still are treated with such disrespect by the Roman Catholic Church.

The Tibetan monk that denied Notovitch's claim to have seen and handled the text, that now are mysteriously absent, had an ulterior agenda and probably a personal vendetta with him.

There is historic evidence of St Issa. Whether is was actually Jesus or someone else is up for debate. The teachings of St Issa and of Buddha are so similar to those of Jesus, that one has to think that they were somehow connected.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The Tibetan monk that denied Notovitch's claim to have seen and handled the text, that now are mysteriously absent, had an ulterior agenda and probably a personal vendetta with him.

There is historic evidence of St Issa. Whether is was actually Jesus or someone else is up for debate. The teachings of St Issa and of Buddha are so similar to those of Jesus, that one has to think that they were somehow connected.

I'm not sure if the text being absent is necessarily an indication of nefarious actions if the text never existed in the first place.

I wasn't aware of other historic evidence for St. Issa. Can you share some links?

Thanks,

Eric

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Isn't Jesus called Isa in Arabic?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

I don't really know much about St Issa, but there is a tomb, that is said to be that of St Issa.

As for the monk, Notovitch claimed that he had given said monk gifts, an alarm clock and a thermometer, among others, and was given access to the scrolls, which he then translated, from sanskrit. Later the monk recanted meeting him, receiving the gifts and the existence of the scrolls.

I have a hard believing that Notovitch would lie about something as mundane as an alarm clock and a thermometer, or that he would venture on such a trip to view the rumored scroll without offering gifts. I think the monk recanted his meeting and the scrolls existence because of politics and felt blindsided by Notovitch's notoriety regarding his translation of the scrolls. It puts a lot of attention on the would be quite isolation of their temples, and having anything related to Jesus would cause hoards of pilgrims to come where are not wanted.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

As for the monk, Notovitch claimed that he had given said monk gifts, an alarm clock and a thermometer, among others, and was given access to the scrolls, which he then translated, from sanskrit. Later the monk recanted meeting him, receiving the gifts and the existence of the scrolls.

I have a hard believing that Notovitch would lie about something as mundane as an alarm clock and a thermometer, or that he would venture on such a trip to view the rumored scroll without offering gifts. I think the monk recanted his meeting and the scrolls existence because of politics and felt blindsided by Notovitch's notoriety regarding his translation of the scrolls. It puts a lot of attention on the would be quite isolation of their temples, and having anything related to Jesus would cause hoards of pilgrims to come where are not wanted.

I believe that the story is that Notovitch was there nursing a broken leg and while there he heard about the scrolls. The head lama read the scrolls to him and had to have an intermediary translate them to Notovitch. He didn't head there to get access to the scrolls, that was happenstance. As such, he didn't bring gifts that might have been appropriate, as he had no foreknowledge of his injury or the existence of the scrolls.

It seems highly farfetched and although I can't say that it didn't happen, I certainly lean in that direction. Even Biblical skeptics like Ehrman consider Notovitch to be a fraud.

Eric

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tingle

Originally posted by Tingle

I wasn't sure what to put as the title there really so sorry if it's misleading, basically I'm a Catholic and all through my life I've always felt really close to God but I've never really felt close to Jesus.. I just want to know if you'd have any idea why this is? Is it normal? I'm a really spiritual guy and meditate a lot and stuff.

Please don't hate on me or tell me I'm going to hell or something.. Just looking for opinions/help

Thanks

It’s Jesus in the Bible that leads people towards God. And although I don’t classify myself as a Christian, I do recognize, that fact, to be true, through Jesus own words.

My advice to you would be to get to know who Jesus is, by reading the 4 canonical Gospels. I can recommend that you start with the Gospel of John, specifically John 14, and also Chapters 15 and 16. There you will find Jesus in his own words, explaining who he, and the Father are.

You will also find Jesus talking about the Holy Spirit, which is IMO covered extremely well in all three of those chapters. So if you want to get close to Jesus and God, then learning about receiving the Holy Sprit, is the best way to go about it.

John 14:1

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

John 14:6

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

John 14:10

Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work

John 14:21

21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

John 14:23
23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:25

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Above are some of the important highlights, from John 14 IMO…but I recommend reading the entire verse.

Pray/Mediate, on the whole verse, and allow the truth a chance, to become known!

- JC

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join