It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's 9/11?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Passengers and crew foil hijack attempt in China
www.cnn.com...

Beijing (CNN) -- Passengers and crew members thwarted an attempt to hijack a plane in the western Chinese province of Xinjiang, local authorities said Friday.

Ten minutes into the flight between the cities of Hotan and Urumqi, six people on board the plane tried to take control of it "through violence," a short statement by the provincial police said.

was this an attempt to mimic 9/11 in china or elsewhere?
why would 6 people attempt to hijack a plane in this day and age when they know it could be a very harsh punishment when caught.

its awesome to hear that the passengers and crew stopped this hijack attemp and i think it just shows that after 9/11, hijacking a plane just wont be the same.

i wonder what their reasons were and if anything else will come of this.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Don't mess with Chinese man, they will Kung Fu you.

I find it hard to fathom that highjackers were able to even get away with highjacking the American planes with boxcutters. Maybe bazookas and automatic weapons but not no boxcutters.

Besides, what would be the significance of today's date in China compared to USA 9/11?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
why would 6 people attempt to hijack a plane in this day and age when they know it could be a very harsh punishment when caught?

Maybe they are pissed off at their government.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Not sure of the hi-jackers motives (of course). Maybe it would be for Ransom? Not necessarily to attack a building.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I figured it out 9-11

6/29/2012

2+9=11

6+2+0+1+2= 11

That's the only thing I can figure out on the date.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by elitegamer23
why would 6 people attempt to hijack a plane in this day and age when they know it could be a very harsh punishment when caught?

Maybe they are pissed off at their government.

UYGHUR "SEPARATISM": CHINA'S POLICIES IN XINJIANG FUEL DISSENT
www.cacianalyst.org.../364/print

BACKGROUND: Although China's brutal suppression of the Tibetans garners a great deal of international attention, outbreaks of Uyghur violent protest against the government have made Xinjiang more of a worrisome political flash point to the government than either Taiwan or Tibet. The execution of Uyghurs for "separatist" activities have been numerous since February 1997 when huge protests broke out in Ili, near the Kazakhstan border and turned violent. At least ten possibly as many as 300 were killed. The riot and the executions that followed led to a series of bus bombings in Urumchi on February 25, the day of Deng Xiaoping's funeral. Ten days later, a Uyghurs blew up a bus in Beijing. It was the first known terrorist incident in Beijing since the Chinese revolution in 1949.

they are pissed at the government and they have carried out 'terrorist' attacks against chinas people and its government.

im not saying they are wrong, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

why would 6 people attempt to hijack a plane in this day and age when they know it could be a very harsh punishment when caught.

The whole thing looks like a sham. Did you happen to notice what kind of people the hijackers were?

Once the plane was back on the ground, police took the suspects, all ethnic Uyghurs, into custody. Police later released their names on state media.

Hey..what do these people resemble?

Uyghurs are Turkic Muslims, a group linguistically, culturally and religiously distinct from China's majority Han population.

Nice play shadow forces!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Not sure of the hi-jackers motives (of course). Maybe it would be for Ransom? Not necessarily to attack a building.

the problem with messing with china is they will kill you for many reasons. it might be a death sentense even attempting to hijack a plane, so maybe they had this in mind and were going to attempt a terrorist attack.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Republic_of_China#Crimes_punishable_by_death

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I figured it out 9-11

6/29/2012

2+9=11

6+2+0+1+2= 11

That's the only thing I can figure out on the date.

Turn the 6 upside down to get 9.
2+9=11....so we get 9/11/2012.

I am in the controversial camp that no planes crashed on 9/11/2001.

Is this just a story put out there to re-inforce the original 9/11 myth/lie?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
reply to post by elitegamer23

The whole thing looks like a sham. Did you happen to notice what kind of people the hijackers were?

Once the plane was back on the ground, police took the suspects, all ethnic Uyghurs, into custody. Police later released their names on state media.

Hey..what do these people resemble?

Uyghurs are Turkic Muslims, a group linguistically, culturally and religiously distinct from China's majority Han population.

Nice play shadow forces!

they look like chinese muslims,
and have been known to carry out bus bombings.
sound familiar?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yeah it sounds familiar. Another "US versus THEM" ploy.

Ever see a terrorist up close? I haven't.
Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to tell if he was Muslim or not. And I remain skeptical to communications on the media News.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
Yeah it sounds familiar. Another "US versus THEM" ploy.

Ever see a terrorist up close? I haven't.
Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to tell if he was Muslim or not. And I remain skeptical to communications on the media News.

ever look in the mirror?
im sure somebody, in some part of the world would call you a terrorist because of the color of your skin, or because of the country you live in.

funny how that works isnt it?

no matter what is the case here , we will only hear the chinese governments side.

top topics

join