It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Lady Michelle O: No TV for kids, Must Read if you have kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by couldbeanyone

Nor would I try to make you disagree, with what I was concerned about. I'm glad a few someones did pick up on what I was concerned about.
What now a new tax law or fine,if you're kid watches too much tv?

I guess I shouldn't give them any ideas, they've golt enough of their own I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I don't believe anything that comes out of that woman's mouth!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Thread title: First Lady Michelle O: No TV for kids

So I assume her children no longer watch TV. If the do then it's crapola.

The toy companies will go beserk

Yeah, I know, someone will say that's not what it is all about, but that the title.

Her kids probably don't watch tv like they don't eat ice cream and hot dogs.....

This woman loves to tell the rest of us what we should be doing and how to do it. It's also the old "do what I say not what I do" syndrome. She was compelled to turn the WH lawn into an organic garden to replicate the program of urban gardening being promoted.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If a president cant screw things up bad enough , the wife will...........ie,look how Nancy Raegan started the "war on drugs",,or am i not allowed to bring up the Raegans because it makes me racist.........even though im white

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yeah its OK for her to grow organics,,,,even though farmers,raw milk farmers,and gardens all over are all being jailed, fined and destroyed.......I think she is about as ignorant of her husbands dirty doings just like Obamas fans.......

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

No, you can speak you're opinion. So, far though they're trying hard to dissuade us from that nasty little habit, we still do have freedom to express opinions.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Does anyone understand how much people learn from watching TV?
When someone has a service, like cable or streaming internet...the viewer can choose whatever they want to watch, whenever they want to watch it.

I have traveled the world, via my living room couch. I have traveled back in time from the days of the dinosaurs to the possible future. I have traveled to the expanses of the known universe to the deepest of our planets waters and seen wondrous creatures that mankind has never seen before. I have witnessed and appreciated fine writing and magical sagas, epic movies that span time from "A long time ago in a galaxy, far far away", to a post-apocalyptic future where machines rule the world or where Apes are the apex in the food chain.

Content seems underrated today. People have choices in what to watch...trash TV is fine, in very small doses,
but what about people who watch documentaries or how-to's a majority of the time? People who analyze the news, given the perspective, and make informed decisions to learn the difference between hype and programmed political drama? People who learned from watching an event unfold that they would not have witnessed without the advent of television.

Great comedy is genius writing and brilliant performances...timing is everything...I have witnessed some of the most classic performances of the greatest comedy minds in history. What an honor that is. I bore witness to the rise of the "King of Pop"...my childhood idol, to the downfall of John Lennon, Elvis Presley, and Kurt Cobain. I have seen the Sistine Chapel and Big Ben. I have been to the Suicide Forest of Japan and have seen the ghosts of abandoned islands. I have walked alongside a serial murderer, that kills serial murderers and with a dwarf with the gift of gab and noble blood...and who may one day rule over the Seven Kingdoms...I have seen hoards of zombies and entertained the notions of how it impacted society and how the social norms broke down over time giving way to deviance and desperation.

However, TPTB have decided that all of this knowledge had made me stupid...and my children as well. It seems that my taste in television has rubbed off on them, because shows like "Jersey Shore" or "Dance Moms" is a total waste of time to them. People who enjoy TV that adheres to the loosest of morals and dignity are stupid to begin with...TV had nothing to do with it.

I

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

I do understand, I've seen some of those educational shows myself, and learned from them, however, there are those retro stations too, I wouldn't put it past them that the idea, some kids might stumble upon them and find shows that were classics and therefore showing albeit ficticous town or family they show, an America these kids don't know too much about. The kids might figure it out, it might be a " far out idea," but we have a pretty "far out there" government, imagine if you don't take an expensive healthcare policy, you get fined on it in your income taxes,and though alot people don't want this we're stuck with it now. Whod would've thought we'd wind upike this?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join