It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highly respected psychics?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
There are supposed psychics everywhere. I believe that there are some real ones around, but I also believe 90% or more are just fakes looking to make a buck or looking for some attention. Last night I did some reading about different psychics, many of which claim to be called the best in America. They can't all be the best.

I am wondering if ATS has any psychics it considers to be respectable and accurate. Are there certain psychics that seem to have accurate predictions that many people on here follow? Are there any ATS members claiming to be psychic that have been proven right?

Do you personally have a psychic you believe in? Why?

Just wondering what the general consensus is around.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Whatever happened with Mrs. Cleo?

You don't hear about her anymore.

Man, I remember when those infomercials would never stop.

I don't believe in psychics.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Understandable. I'm sure most don't and with good reason.

And Miss Cleo is definitely one of the fakes I'm referring to lol!
Along with Sylvia Brown. That lady is a crook.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not that I personally believe in anything, but Nina Kulagina may be one of the more interesting psychics to study.

In my personal opinion, the vast majority, if not all, are charlatans trying to squeeze a buck out of their alleged paranormal abilities.

On the other hand .. wouldn't telekinesis and telepathy be the next logical steps in human evolution as a whole ? I think there is quite some possibility that may be the case.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think this guy may be genuine, I've read a few things about him and he does seem to get it right. Also because he is part of the spiritualist church he doesn't charge to speak to grieving people, which IMO is a good sign

Gordon Smith

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Just read the following regarding Gordon Smith.

SEEING INTO THE FUTURE
This is all very good but can I look into people’s futures? Or can Gordon look into mine? Can he tell me whether I’m going to meet a tall, handsome stranger and move to the South of France? ‘No,’ he says. ‘Seeing the future is a 50-50 guess based on a feeling that you get from people. You might get it right but you might not.’

So where are fortune tellers and psychics on hotlines getting their information from? ‘I have no idea,’ says Gordon. ‘If you go to a psychic or a medium who asks you lots of questions, walk away. They should be telling you information, not the other way around.’

Source

Thought that was some good advice! I am interested in psychics that don't charge people and don't claim to always be correct.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
IF there are ATS psychics and they have stumbled upon sensitive data I dont think they would be recognized out in the open OP just observed by
when they touch on sensitive subject matter that may be of interest to possible gov. groups. Otherwise THEY dont exist

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

SEEING INTO THE FUTURE
So where are fortune tellers and psychics on hotlines getting their information from? ‘I have no idea,’ says Gordon. ‘If you go to a psychic or a medium who asks you lots of questions, walk away. They should be telling you information, not the other way around.’

Thought that was some good advice! I am interested in psychics that don't charge people and don't claim to always be correct.

I think that's good advice as well. But, I'm curious why you're interested only in psychics that don't charge people for using their ability? What's wrong with charging for a talent? A lot of people do it... artists, musicians, etc.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Most of the psychics I believe are legit work with law enforcement, and have helped solve crimes.

Even the skeptical LEO's who used them as a last resort, have been very impressed, as well as grateful.

This is a compilation of a few episodes , and every episode has psychics that are really impressive with their facts, to the point of knowing when and where a body will be found.

Love this show, and it has made me a believer in psychics.
edit on 29-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

I think that's good advice as well. But, I'm curious why you're interested only in psychics that don't charge people for using their ability? What's wrong with charging for a talent? A lot of people do it... artists, musicians, etc.

When I said I was interested in psychics who don't charge people I didn't mean I'm ONLY interested in those types. I want to hear about any psychic anyone wants to provide to me. I just meant I have a general interest in those that don't charge, not that I am interested in hearing only about that kind of psychic.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Nice video. Very interesting cases.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There are supposed psychics everywhere. I believe that there are some real ones around, but I also believe 90% or more are just fakes looking to make a buck or looking for some attention. Last night I did some reading about different psychics, many of which claim to be called the best in America. They can't all be the best.

I am wondering if ATS has any psychics it considers to be respectable and accurate. Are there certain psychics that seem to have accurate predictions that many people on here follow? Are there any ATS members claiming to be psychic that have been proven right?

Do you personally have a psychic you believe in? Why?

Just wondering what the general consensus is around.

Myself. I can only see synchronicity and kinda feel things physicly that are not seen by my eyes. I have myself been to a cold reader and that was hilarious from my point of view because I had the answer to my questions already thru synchronicity and was testing her to see if she had any connection at all. She had no clue at all and was just making stuff up. And some of my relatives belived in her. If you are meant to get a message from someone then it will fit very well and not cost anything from my point of view. My advise is instead to look within if you do not feel a overwhelming need to see a psychic. You have the answers there. Maybe try some meditative sounds on youtube that wakes your own spirit up. The body/mind/spirit is changed by sound. Especially if the sounds vibrate inside your head.

Above is from my experiances but it might not be exactly the same for you. Enjoy the ride.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

SEEING INTO THE FUTURE

If they charge much then they are not here to bring a message to the person asking. If they go on a path of fame and fortune then they are on a path away from where their power come from from my point of view. But I might be to judging and examining the real reason for their behaviour. That is the problem with having extreme higher ideals. Existance becomes bittersweet when you realise how unevolved the place you are in is against what you want this place to be for everybody.
edit on 29-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Nice video. Very interesting cases.

They are interesting.

One case was about a retired sheriff's son getting kidnapped and brought to some small cabin, and abused. Out of desperation the sheriff, who never believed in psychics, for spiritual reasons, got desperate and went to see this psychic who lived far away. She was accurate on the type of place he was in, and sadly told them he was being abused, and then days later got a very strange feeling that they were planning on killing him within the next day.

She felt this so strongly that she arranged a prayer group with others, to pray ALL night for this teenage boy, and it turns out one of the guys who had abducted him, had taken him to a dug grave the same night as the prayer group was happening. After pointing a gun at this kid, and talking for awhile, he suddenly told the kid to run, and go. The kid ran, and stumbled onto the highway finally and was rescued. The kid never understood why the guy let him go, cause he was sure he was going to die.

The retired sheriff was so grateful to this woman, as was the kid, and the rest of the family, and she was spot on about everything, like many of these psychics are. That's what baffles the police at times..is the 100 % accuracy of some of these psychics, often giving details about certain things in the case, that only the police have knowledge about.

All these psychics are named in the programs, so I'm sure they could be reached for others who may need help..not sure.. but it would b a nice thought to think they could be there for others as well, besides just law enforcement.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It was Miss Cleo. Call me now !

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Understandable. I'm sure most don't and with good reason.

And Miss Cleo is definitely one of the fakes I'm referring to lol!
Along with Sylvia Brown. That lady is a crook.

I am interested in knowing why you think Sylvia Brown is a crook?
Personally, I love her, and think she offers a lot of useful information. Of course, you have to read her material, or listen to what she says with an open mind. Not saying I believe EVERYTHING she says, but I wouldn't call her a crook. She has sold millions of books, so apparently, other people like her as well. I had many questions answered by some things she wrote about.

I have been to probably seven or eight psychics during my lifetime. A few were fakes, but five of them were right on with their reading for me. It is best to get some background information before you have a reading done. Ask for references, or what ever you can learn about them before paying any money.
The ones that were truly legit helped me greatly!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

She has definitely sold a lot of books. She's written around 57 of them I believe.

Here is a start: Sylvia Gets it Wrong

Google "Sylvia Browne gets it wrong" and you can read various cases and view compilation videos of all of her wrong readings.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

She has definitely sold a lot of books. She's written around 57 of them I believe.

Google "Sylvia Browne gets it wrong" and you can read various cases and view compilation videos of all of her wrong readings.

Her popularity has greatly declined in the last few years, and she has gotten many of her readings wrong.

She seems like all she cares about is money , and I've heard a read a few stories about people waiting on the phone to have a reading with her, at astronomical prices, and she ends up being a no show.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

reply to post by sled735

Her popularity has greatly declined in the last few years, and she has gotten many of her readings wrong.

She seems like all she cares about is money , and I've heard a read a few stories about people waiting on the phone to have a reading with her, at astronomical prices, and she ends up being a no show.

Well, I'd say it is way past time for her to retire then. She isn't doing her reputation, or any people, any good any more. But, I enjoyed her books immensely.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I am wondering if ATS has any psychics it considers to be respectable and accurate.

I don't give any credit to public psychics like Sylvia Browne or John Edward. They never amount to anything more than charlatans using cold reading and psychoanalysis at best. At worst, they end up being blatant liars who are fed information from their audience, or studio crew.

That's not to say that I don't accept the existence of psychics, because I do. The difference being though, that the only psychics I've ever met would rather not have the latent capabilities that they do. None of them enjoy it when they catch their glimpses of future events.

Do you personally have a psychic you believe in?

Yes, I do. She's not in control of the ability though. What she sees, and feels, come to her without notice, and often times she cannot even direct her perception. Essentially, she's only privy to whatever wants to be seen.

She doesn't like it, because it often scares her when she get's the impressions. Especially when they involve danger, like the house fire she dreamed, and was then able to prevent, or the Northern Illinois University school shooting from 2008.

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join