It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Nibiru

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
this is a good thread
well presented and well written

and i don't mean to make it redundant, but i've found this one site gives me all the 21012 debunk i have needed in the case of even the loudest, drunkest nonsense theory spouter.

www.2012hoax.org...
edit on 29-6-2012 by decepticonLaura because: what am i worried about? still 19000 years to go apparently

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

my 2 cents. if the Nibiru claim does not reveal the current astronomical coordinates within the first paragraph, I quit. its BS. good review, xcalibur.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Nice thread mate, interesting read, (still reading), nice avatar too it's a cracking album :-)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Nibiru has another name which is the answer to the riddle.

Hercolubus it is!

I can't blame you for leaving this silliness out of your otherwise thorough, well researched and beautifully presented thread. Hercolubus is popular in Latin American countries. It was originally scheduled to arrive in Earth's vicinity in the early 1960s, but it seems to be running a tad late.

Heroclubus or Red Planet was written in 1998/1999, but Rabolu apparently picked the idea from his "teacher" - Samael Aun Weor, who in the 1970s preached about Hercolubus being the end of the world in Biblical terms, as a punishment for the "shameful humanity that deserves the karma that approaches" and that "did not want to listen to the voice of the prophets".[2] Being the founder of a theosophy/anthroposophy-influenced New Age "gnostic" church, he also threw Atlantis and the Kali Yuga into the mix.[3] In his version, Hercolubus is a part of the "distant solar system of Tylo", which he identifies[3] as Barnard's Star.[4] Needless to say, despite his claims to the contrary, Hercolubus is not an accepted scientific fact.

rationalwiki.org...

There are a few other details I would like to add:

1. The Sumerians left no astronomical records, simply a list of names of things seen in the sky.

2. The Babylonians left extremely detailed astronomical records, both observational and theoretical. As you pointed out, "nibiru" appears only in a context that suggests it is a location on the ecliptic, not a planet or a star.

3. Chinese records date back 4,000 years. They make no mention of Nibiru.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Saving so I can read it later. This a long thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Niburu exists, it may not be a planet, but it's there in the scripture. Translations mean crossing. In the bible, after entering the kingdom, the deciples Met the man with the water pitcher and where taken to a large upper room they could use for Passover. Passover/crossing/bridge to what or where?
edit on 29-6-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Niburu exists, it may not be a planet, but it's there in the scripture. Translations mean crossing. In the bible, after entering the kingdom, the deciples where taken to a large upper room they could use for Passover. Passover/crossing/bridge to what or where?

Where does it say that, exactly?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Fantastic. Just fantastic. If we could get a thread like this, for each of the recurring topics, pinned in the appropriate forums, I think we'd have a much cleaner discussion of these topics.

I, for one, thank you for this thread and I'm adding the link in my signature. You've saved so many people so much typing!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Niburu exists, it may not be a planet, but it's there in the scripture. Translations mean crossing. In the bible, after entering the kingdom, the deciples where taken to a large upper room they could use for Passover. Passover/crossing/bridge to what or where?

Where does it say that, exactly?

Which part, one is from the bible if I'm not mistaken(haven't read it) the other obviously in the text ZS took his research from.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You have stated what it isn't, where is the truth about niburu?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

The next time we enter the galactic plane is actually about 27 million to 37 million years from now. It takes the solar system 30 to 40 million years to move away from the galactic plane and return. The last time we were in the galactic plane was 3 million years ago. Also, even if we were anywhere near the galactic plane it would be impossible to determine exactly when we entered it. It is a large area whose edges are rather ambiguously defined and it would take thousands of years to pass through it.

Bachall, J.N. & Bachall, S. (1985). "The Sun's motion perpendicular to the galactic plane." Nature. 316 (6030), 706-708.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The Sumerians used the same symbol for star and planet because in the night sky they appear the same. Remember that the word planet literally means "wandering star." As I mentioned in my post we know the symbols the Sumerians used to depict different celestial objects. The only one that appears on Cylinder Seal VA 243 is the one for star/planet. There is no Sun that planets are orbiting. There is merely a depiction of the night sky.

Ask yourself this why would they choose to depict the solar system using symbols not consistent with the rest of Sumerian iconography on a seal that has nothing to do with the solar system. What is depicted on this seal is one man swearing fealty to another. It has nothing to do with planets, the Sun, or anything like that. So why would they depict this apparently secretive information since it appears nowhere else on such a mundane seal?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I was actually planning on doing an entry for Hercolubus but I guess I forgot. That does remind me however that I should probably do something regarding the Kolbrin. Unfortunately the only "university" that has studied it is the one owned by the editor so there's not really any scholarly articles I can source.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I actually do say what it is. It's a Akkadian and Babylonian word. In Akkadian it means a river crossing. In Babylonian it means the highest point of the ecliptic. There's nothing more to it. Any other claims that are attributed to it are merely the fantasy of Zechariah Sitchin and his acolytes.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

So they wrote about a bridge to the stars? This bridge is what the annunaki or gods or aliens used the get to earth? Could be a time? 2012,? It's not nothing, i don't think you've solved it. If ZS misunderstood something the truth is in understanding it. It's nothing is cheating. I do agree it's not a planet

edit on 29-6-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by remembering

I am so glad that someone else understands the true motion (the 3D + sine wave motion) that our solar system travels.I try to explain this to some 'people' and they look at me like Duh...?
good for you!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I'm not sure where you're getting this bridge to the stars. For one culture the words meant one thing and another it meant something else. To the Akkadians (although for them the word was actually nebertu or neburu) it meant a river crossing. Not like a bridge by a ford. For the Babylonians it meant the highest point of the ecliptic. This is a point in the sky and the Babylonians used it as a reference point in their astronomy. The best example of this is in their astronomical catalog the MUL.APIN. These are the meanings for the words. There is no context where it is ever used to mean anything resembling a bridge to the stars.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

As I said at the beginning I'm sure there are some things I missed. If anyone wants to add anything go ahead or tell me if you want me to add anything. Hopefully this will help quell some of the fear and anxiety some people may be feeling and it will quash the fearmongering. There's a lot of nonsense out there associated with 2012 and Nibiru is some of the worst. I hope I have illustrated this fact in these posts.

You missed one of the most important reasons people believe in Niburu. They read someone say it on a blog... Or a forum... Or just in conversational passing. Those people for some reason are happy to go along with a few paragraphs they read on ats (ect). I'm not sure what it is, reality blinkers?, but I dearly hope they stumble into your very well researched and written thread. Nice job good sir!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The Sumerians used the same symbol for star and planet because in the night sky they appear the same. Remember that the word planet literally means "wandering star."

So you think that picture shows Earth (a planet which apparently has points) surrounded by round stars? Or you just think all of them are stars? If they are all stars why have they used only one large pointy object in the center and why are the ones around it round? If they thought planets were the same thing as stars then they would only need a symbol for the Sun and for the Moon. But if they also thought Earth was different from the stars then they would need a symbol for Earth as well as symbols for the Sun and Moon and the stars. It seems the logic you are using is fatally flawed... what is depicted in the picture is crystal clear you just can't bring yourself to accept it.

Ask yourself this why would they choose to depict the solar system using symbols not consistent with the rest of Sumerian iconography on a seal that has nothing to do with the solar system.

I would like to see information which shows how they have used the symbols in other places and why, should we assume it's depicting a solar system, would it not be consistent with their other use of the symbols. And the seal doesn't need to be focused on the solar system to contain a simple depiction of the solar system within it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The earliest it appears is in the Akkadian lexicon. For them it meant a point of crossing, specifically like a river crossing. It had no astronomical meaning behind it. It was then later used by the Babylonians to mean the highest point of the ecliptic. This is the location the Sun is in at its zenith on the summer solstice. Occasionally it would also refer to a planet in this position.

Sorry but Wikli isn't quite right on any of that...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join