It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Usury a part of Capitalism ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Freedom from Usury
Silver Stock Report
by Jason Hommel, Jan 23, 2004

It is said that those who loan money need the interest due to inflation and due to the time value of money. But this is like saying criminals need to commit crimes in order to make money, so it's ok! No, it's not ok. No, inflation is not a given. And no, money tomorrow certainly can be worth more than money today if society is using honest money.

So, what about banking? Banking, as practiced today, is a criminal monstrosity of the ugliest proportions. The reality is that the Bankers have been bankrupt ever since they thought they needed a central bank to bail them out. Depositors (the lenders) are told lies, that they can withdraw their money at any time, but the reality is their money is loaned out. If people want to invest their money in an enterprise, they should be free to do so on their own. There is no need to resort to trickery and fraud to take their money away from them through this banking scheme that has developed.

Why should depositors be paid 2% and the bankers loan the money out at 4% and let the bankers pocket the difference? If the bankers are the middle men, let the bankers be paid as middle men, and let the bankers collect a small commission as they introduce the depositor (capitalist) to the borrower (business), and let the depositors invest like everyone else if they want to invest. At least this would be an honest transaction, and an honest way to do business to "put the money to productive use".

Appeals to greed, envy, and lust, (along with lies and misinformation) are the primary means to attempt to justify banking. People greedily and falsely assert that capital goes to waste if it is not loaned out and put "to productive use". As if a loan is the only way to put money to use! And as if investing and saving are not valid alternatives!

But capital (gold and silver) that is hoarded is being put to productive use. First, it makes all the rest of the capital that exists that much more rare, and thus increases the value of the rest of the gold and silver in circulation. Second, the side effect of hoarding gold, which makes gold more valuable, is to stimulate the production of more gold through mining and industry, which provides jobs, and creates more wealth. Yes, even hoarding gold provides jobs and creates more wealth!

Yet mining is disparaged as a waste of time when money can be produced so efficiently with a printing press. So, what use is it to spend so much time and energy to mine precious metals in the fist place? What societal benefit is there to creating a gold boom through lack of gold and hoarding? Gold keeps men honest. Gold and silver force honesty in economic transactions, whereas paper money is economic fraud, an abomination, an unjust weight and measure, oppressive, unjust, counterfeit, and criminal. Any industry that forces the rest of men in society to behave honestly (and without the use of force or threat of force) is the most valuable industry that a productive society can have.

Therefore, hoarding gold boosts the value of gold, stimulates mining, and increases the honesty of society. None of that can be bad except in the eyes of the man who has set his eyes to envy the hoarded (and so-called unproductive) gold of the honest man.

silverstockreport.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mikejohnson2006

Capitalism is simply the private ownership of the means of production.

There are no rules or morality, other than that placed on it by governments.

So yes if the law allows it anything can be a part of capitalism. The main problem with capitalism, as well as it being worker exploitation, it allows private owners to make money (from labour exploitation) and then invest it, making money from money. This is why capitalists can become extremely wealthy, and they then use that economic power to control government.

Capitalism is all about making the most profit possible, and only laws keep it from being worse than it is. A god example is slavery, the only reason capitalists pay wages now is because the law requires them to.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It is said that those who loan money need the interest due to inflation and due to the time value of money.

It is this interest that causes inflation along with the economic mismanagement of printing more money. It is very possible to develop a stable economy which balances supply and demand with reward for effort and generally keep prices stable. But the wealthy control the economy and wish to further advance their wealth at minimal cost and expense to themselves.

As a consequence, more cash flow enters the system to help pay these interest demands. With more money in the system the price of goods and services goes up (inflation). The wealthy take most of this new money to become even more wealthy while the rest are finding their money is worth less and less. This is why Usury is illegal in Sharia law as it leads to an imbalance in social wealth and well being. This is also partly why war in the Middle East is continuing as money is no longer about supply and demand for the very wealthy, it is about control.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
You do not understand the system, nor the swindle, at all.

Usury is defined in your bible as a SIN. No question about it. Not a certain amount of usury. The Pope later decided that a LITTLE usury was not a sin anymore. Or, I guess, it's just a LITTLE sinful, so it's OK.

FRACTIONAL RESERVE LENDING is the mainstay of the swindle. The depositors are not the investors in any way, shape or form. The banks can lend out TEN TIMES as much money as they have on hand. In other words, they create the money out of thin air. Then demand to be paid back, with interest. Double ripoff. It's as if I were able to just announce that YOU owe ME money. Money that I never had to begin with. And you owe me MORE money than the amount of imaginary money I "lent" you. Cause I said so, that's why. That's basically how it works. If you don't pay back my imaginary money with the sweat of your brow, then I will TAKE as much of your REAL wealth as I see fit.

DO NOT fall into the trap of thinking a gold standard will fix this. That is what they want, that is part of their scam. Since THEY have ALL the gold, it will just make them even more powerful.

watch the Wizard of Oz, it spells it all out for you. No kidding.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It is not the Usury that is the problem in reality. As much as the Bible says it is wrong (which is a view I endorse and agree with entirely) we can no longer expect, in a world full of sin for the written Word of God to hold the sway it once did.

The problem is that anyone REQUIRES a loan in the first place. People who work very hard, sweat and bleed and toil, to keep offices clean, to keep roads clear, to maintain vital infrastructure, are not paid enough to do the jobs they do, in any nation, let alone those which have a capitalist ideal at the core of their politics. Because they are paid PROPORTIONALLY more than people in less developed nations, some could be forgiven for making the error of assuming that they ought to be able to get by.

However, one of the side effects of a developed economy is that everything costs about a hundred times, or more, what it bloody well ought to. Housing for instance, is incredibly expensive. It ought to be a given right, that every person who requires it, may have access to a home from which no power can evict them. However, because it is not a right, people are asked to pay the sky high prices that we all know are just wrong. The supply of clean water, and power and fuel, ought to be a right also, because they are basic requirements of life in the developed world, and one cannot do without them if one is to make any contribution what so ever to the economy of the land.

These things however, are not rights. They are held before the poor, not like a carrot on a stick before an ass, but like a tormenting glass of water, before a man who is thirsting to the point of death. Very often this means that people who have little money, are required to get loans in order to function their day to day existence. The scum who pray on these people then KEEP them poor by charging such interest as to make their CHILDREN incapable of planning for the future as well.

The real problem is that currently, those who do the least actual physical work (bankers, managers, CEOs, and other limp wristed, bone idle, workshy cretins) are paid the most, while those who actually put their every last ounce of energy into their work, are rewarded with squalor, with indignity, and with the chance to fund some idiots gambling on the stock market, with both their hard won savings (which are often pathetically small), or the interest they pay on the loans which they have taken out, just to be able to EAT.

And these are the lucky ones. At least they have never had the illusion of things being peachy. At least these folk have never tasted the ambrosia of the simulated freedom that "ownership" of a home can bring. Many in the developed world have found out in the last ten years, that they do not own their homes, despite spending hundreds of thousands of pounds, and dollars on paying of mortgages (possibly the most EVIL loans ever taken out). The hegemony has now been revealed, and suicides, and abject terror and sorrow now abound in some communities, not least of which , the tent cities that sprung up in the US.

It is for this reason that I will never be able to respect, or be proud of capitalism. It is the very system which ALLOWS such injustice to continue, allows the poor to be kept so despite their effort and candor, which prevents a man from building a home without consulting an expensive surveyor, or begging money from an organisation which WILL screw the little guy as hard as it can, as long as he lacks the money to pay for representation, that keeps the weak and needy in that black, dark and insidious place, from which very few escape. I have been the poor sap, who found himself on the street because the developed world is such a bleak and un-natural place in which to live, where no man might have true power over his own destiny. Usury is just PART of the great churning machine of evil that continues this appalling state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

mikejohnson2006

Do horses eat hay?

ANOK

Capitalism is simply the private ownership of the means of production.

There are no rules or morality, other than that placed on it by governments.

So yes if the law allows it anything can be a part of capitalism. The main problem with capitalism, as well as it being worker exploitation, it allows private owners to make money (from labour exploitation) and then invest it, making money from money. This is why capitalists can become extremely wealthy, and they then use that economic power to control government.

Capitalism is all about making the most profit possible, and only laws keep it from being worse than it is. A god example is slavery, the only reason capitalists pay wages now is because the law requires them to.

The right to actually issue the national currency, the nation's money has also been privatized. In every nation on earth, for some time now.

Banks are private companies that make new money (out of nothing) which they then rent out. The interest is the rent. Money is never actually sold into circulation, as it would be if the government issued it, but rather rented.

And what is the rent supposed to be paid back in? Money, of course. The same kind of money the principal itself consists of: bank credit (with interest attached).

All banks do this, not just central banks.

The central banks only issue the physical currency, which only accounts for 5% of all the money in circulation.

The rest is money of account. Ledger money. Electronic money. Funny money. Fictional money, as Luigi Einaudi (2nd president of modern Italy) put it, in his: “The Theory of Imaginary Money from Charlemagne to the French Revolution”.

Fraudulent warehouse receipts for actual, real, physical currency that simply doesn't exist.

But which are also considered legal tender and just as good as real, physical currency, issued by the central banks.

In fact no legal (or otherwise) distinction is made between the fraudulent warehouse receipts and real money, at all. For the benefit of the unknowing public, at least.

Except when a bank starts failing to redeem its warehouse receipts for real money it supposedly had on deposit.

But never does it dawn on the moronic masses that the bank has always been that low on real money. All banks are that low on real money, all the time.

kwakakev
It is this interest that causes inflation along with the economic mismanagement of printing more money

Wrong. The principal of the loan itself causes inflation.

That's how it pays for itself. It's self funding.

Banks don't lend money that already existed.

Each loan they extend is brand new money (conjured up out of nothing by the very act of crediting the borrower's account) entering the economy.

Very few people understand this, however.

And it is easier to restore sight to the blind than to bring one of these wilfully to the naked truth that they may willingly open their eyes and behold it.
edit on 2013/10/18 by Pejeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

CaptChaos
You do not understand the system, nor the swindle, at all.

Usury is defined in your bible as a SIN. No question about it. Not a certain amount of usury. The Pope later decided that a LITTLE usury was not a sin anymore. Or, I guess, it's just a LITTLE sinful, so it's OK.

FRACTIONAL RESERVE LENDING is the mainstay of the swindle. The depositors are not the investors in any way, shape or form. The banks can lend out TEN TIMES as much money as they have on hand. In other words, they create the money out of thin air. Then demand to be paid back, with interest. Double ripoff. It's as if I were able to just announce that YOU owe ME money. Money that I never had to begin with. And you owe me MORE money than the amount of imaginary money I "lent" you. Cause I said so, that's why. That's basically how it works. If you don't pay back my imaginary money with the sweat of your brow, then I will TAKE as much of your REAL wealth as I see fit.

DO NOT fall into the trap of thinking a gold standard will fix this. That is what they want, that is part of their scam. Since THEY have ALL the gold, it will just make them even more powerful.

watch the Wizard of Oz, it spells it all out for you. No kidding.

I could scarcely have put it better in as concise a fashion as you have achieved, dear Sir.

My respects.

top topics

join