It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported on Fort Bragg military base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Shooting reported on Fort Bragg military base

www.politico.com

The base confirmed the shooting on its Facebook page, adding that drivers and pedestrians should avoid the historic district of Fort Bragg until further notice, but the base is not on lockdown.

Read more: www.politico.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wbtv.com

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh no, here we go again. Unknown shooter.

Apparently different sources are saying 1 dead, and two (2) others injured.

This is happening in the historical section of Fort Bragg.

Additional details should be coming as the shooter was captured alive.

No idea on speculation at this point, another case like the last shooting? Who knows.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Another Sopurce
edit on 28-6-2012 by Cygnis because: Additional info

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
www.wbtv.com...

"According to Fort Bragg officials, a soldier with the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade shot another member of the unit and then turned the weapon on himself, during a unit safety brief."

It also said something about another soldier getting injured from a ricochet bullet.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ML8715
www.wbtv.com...

"According to Fort Bragg officials, a soldier with the 525th Battlefield Surveillance Brigade shot another member of the unit and then turned the weapon on himself, during a unit safety brief."

It also said something about another soldier getting injured from a ricochet bullet.

Yea, I saw that, another article says 2 people were injured, your article says only 1 injured. So who knows.

I think the details at this point are a little sketchy at best. It's within the hour of happening,

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Shooter is injured and in custody.

Senior officer shot and killed

3rd soldier injured by ricochet bullet

Base is not on lockdown.

www.wbtv.com...

edit on 28-6-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I was stationed at Fort Bragg. This is nothing really new, there always seems to be a couple of incidents a year.I don't see why anyone could be surprised. Bragg is one of the most active deployment bases in the U.S. military. You have a majority of these soldiers participating in special op's missions, in effect running them into the ground 51 weeks out of the year. Couple that with consistant year on year off deployments, and you'll get a very stressful situation, a recipe for disaster.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
I was stationed at Fort Bragg. This is nothing really new, there always seems to be a couple of incidents a year.

Yep. I remember right after I got there one of the guys had bought some live rounds in Fayetteville, loaded up and popped an E7 in front of God and everyone.

You would not believe how many E5's can fit in, under or behind a Dempster dumpster, or how fast they can get there.

new topics

top topics

join