It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House holds Holder in contempt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncents

"They want us to feel like we've won something, like this matters in some way to a greater scheme of things... In reality, a man might get arrested (at most). That doesn't change anything about the way the machine works, has worked, and will continue to work in the future.

This is a distraction."

Yup.. hollywierd refers to these as "plot complications" .. a bunch of ridiculous mumble mouth "talking point" hypocrisy will follow as the dirtbag crips & bloods of world politics blame each-other.. pointing fingers to and fro across the isle like children

"Your team is full of towels!"...
"No sir, my dear friend from across the isle who I love dearly..your team, clearly, are the towels"..
"I respectfully disagree with my toe tapping bathroom buddy from Wienerland , you, clearly, are a towel"
"You're a towel"
"No!, you're a towel"
"You're a towel"

Even if this guy who calls himself AG gets held accountable in some small way.. that other guy who calls himself president will write a note excusing his henchmen from attending justice.. both will go on to make millions on speaking tours talking about what giant douche-bags they are while mocking those protesting plebes who recognize that justice was, once again, sodomized by the elite.

Welcome to the USSA 2012.. tax slaves

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
Of course she is on record supporting Holder. Walking off is a protest to the proceedings. How more on record can one get.

By the time she's up for re-election that part will be forgotton and there is nothing in the Congressional Record that shows her supporting Holder.

With the "link or it didn't happen" mindset these days, it will be forgotten, especially if the MSM helps bury it like it has tried to bury this entire issue.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If I walked off my job before the job was done I would be fired. I would like to see those who walked - at the very least, docked some pay. I would prefer they be fired. I'm sure there is someone else who would do their jobs with more integrity and for less pay.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by badmatty

They are not paid hourly and they don't have a supervisor. I'm pretty sure they don't even have to show up to vote if they don't want to.

174K for a job you don't have to show up to and then when your done you get a pension and medical bennies

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by xuenchen

What I find interesting is that Pelosi didn't vote "No", she didn't vote at all.

Partr of me wonders if that was done purposely to appear to be supporting the AG when in reality it was not the case.

As for the other comments / questions no, contempt of Congress is not punishible by death. Its either a fine or a fine / jail time depending on which charge they go with (criminal contempt or civil contempt - they voted for / passed both).

Since the prosecution of charges are at the discretion of the prosecutor I doubt we will see a DOJ prosecutor prosecute his boss. The AG can even overturn any decision the USADA decides on, including criminal prosecution.

Civil contempt is more plausible since it is a judge who makes the determination on the entire matter, including relevence of requeste documents and the ability to invoke executive privilege in this case.

What needs to happen is for Congress to appoint a special prosecutor and go from there.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
that's surprising...I thought this whole process would fail.

so what's next?

a trial in the Senate.

maybe he'll lose his job.

but the White House will never have to hand over the documents they desire.

hope they have a good time learning about the American system of government.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Many walked off the floor including Nancy Pelosi !!

I wish they would keep walking.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

haha. I lke the way you think.

just keep walking, and dont return ya sons a ... =)

I love how they call for prosecutions all of the time- yet when they are the ones facing the firing squad- they duck and cover.

Thinking they are above prosecution.

Spineless. Cowards. All Of Them

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why are elected officials throwing temper tantrums? I wish I could have a job where I got to storm off in the middle of the job and still get paid.

edit on 28-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Ditto.

Wish I can get paid for storming out.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have to say, after learning that Obamacare had passed, I was pretty pissed. Then I was depressed Now I am numb.

But this. This news has really turned my grey into a kind of steely blue. No, its not a lot better, but at least it is a color again.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I love how conservatives will go after anything they can find when a liberal administration is in office, yet they never held Bush's administration accountable for all the illegal activities they were involved in. Sounds awfully political to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

conservative this liberal that, blah blah..

what does that have to do with any of it? I lean conservative and i think they're all evil, backstabbing, two faced dogs.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

You mean you are just now figuring out that the whole "conservative vs. liberal" thing is "awfully political"?

I suppose I can go ahead and break it to you that the whole 'AL vs NL" is awfully baseball, too.

edit on 28-6-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Many walked off the floor including Nancy Pelosi !!

Here is wishing she would never come back!
Nancy, we thought you left! Please dont return!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Here's a link to the official House site.

The "No Votes" are listed by names !!!

H RES 711 RECORDED VOTE 28-Jun-2012 4:39 PM

Thanks. I find the results of that vote to be quite enlightening when represented in graphical form.

edit on 29/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Talk about a slam dunk. Looks like the guy never stood a chance on the Republican side. Least the Democrats seems to sway a little fairness in it.

edit on 29-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Least the Democrats seems to sway a little fairness in it.

Out of 190 only 17 of them voted Yea. That is only 8.9% of them. The fact that most of them tried to protect this guy by voting Nay or simply not voting at all does not come off as being a "fair" set of votes.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

And there's nothing more they can do to him. The only person who has authority to arrest him answers to Holder himself and he's not going to act on this. So, it was a great little show, but it's over now.

And just wait till we find out the real facts. How everything that's been reported in the media about this story was a lie from the start. Just wait.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Thanks. I find the results of that vote to be quite enlightening when represented in graphical form.

I do, too. It shows what "political theater" this all is.

CNN

The criminal contempt charge refers the dispute to District of Columbia U.S. Attorney Ronald Machen, who will decide whether to file charges against Holder. Most legal analysts do not expect Machen -- an Obama appointee who ultimately answers to Holder -- to take any action.

The civil measure allows the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform to file a lawsuit asking the courts to examine the Justice Department's failure to produce certain subpoenaed documents, as well as the validity of the administration's recent assertion of executive privilege over the documents in question.

Legal experts contacted by CNN have said, based on recent precedent, that it could take years for the courts to reach any final decision in the civil case.

So, Holder's employee (and an Obama appointee) will decide whether or not to file criminal charges against his boss... And the Oversight Committee MAY investigate Holder's failure to produce documents and Obama's executive privilege. And that could take years.

reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I agree. This is as far as this will go.

The GOP did this to bring negative attention on Obama during an election year and on the day of his Health Care victory. It's all a big game to them. (and I mean both parties) The dramatic walkout, the contempt votes... It's all dramatic political theater. We might as well be watching The Housewives of New Jersey.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Ho hum...Holder will just laugh this off, it isn't going any further.

Game over, TPTB are too powerful, they control both parties, the military, the science community, learning institutions and the media.

All we can do now is make sure we're prepared for the eventual collapse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join