It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Other Anarnosticists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
[True] Anarchy: A community without a publicly enforced government or violently enforced political authority that goes to lengths to avoid the use of coercion, violence, force and authority - while still producing a productive and desirable society.

Agnostic-Theism: I don't know what's gonna happen, man, but I sure as hell will philosophize about it.

Anarnosticism: The juxtaposition of Anarchy and Agnostic-Theism; A single term used to describe a persons political/religious beliefs.

You won't find it in the dictionary. You won't find it on Wikipedia. I coined this term a while ago to represent myself - and I know I am not alone. I became an Anarchist a long time ago, back when I thought Atheism was "cool". I never identified with the bandana-wearing, molotov-cocktail lobbing cowards who called themselves Anarchists so I quickly went into seclusion. I grow all of my own food, use only public library computers and possess no forms of ID. During my time alone, I found out that I really am NOT an Atheist, as I truly do not KNOW whether a God exists or doesn't exist (and this isn't a thread to debate that) and I love to philosophize. Recently, I met someone who shared my viewpoints of Anarchy and God and death. This led me to coin the term "Anarnosticist".

Some of you, here on ATS, must identify with this term.

Peace, Love, Unity, Respect my brothers and sisters.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
so what exactly are yur political/religous beleifs? and ill let you know if i can relate to them in any way

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

Politically I am an Anarchist.
Religiously I am an Agnostic-Theist.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexanderTurboLover
reply to post by DaveNorris

Politically I am an Anarchist.
Religiously I am an Agnostic-Theist.

those are both pretty loose terms.
many different people with differing veiws can be both Anarchist and Agnostic, thats why i asked for more specific veiws that you hold.

i myself am an Anarchist because i believe the current governments are currupt and harmful to humanity.
i am also Agnostic as i beleive that to-date there is nothing prooving the existance of any divine being to me, how ever, on both of these subjects i am open to being proved wrong.
one day a government may be in power that has only the best intentions for its people and i will no longer be an Anarchist, similarly there may one day be proof of the existance of god/s and then i will no longer be Agnostic.
but for the time being i am both

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think you have done a decent job explaining the definition of two words that are often misunderstood (or oversimplified) and combining them into an interesting single term. I can't say I agree with your ideological views completely, but there is a sense to the picture you are painting.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello, my name is Rival, and I am an Anarnosticist....and a co-dependent

To be honest, I cannot call myself a true anarchist because of the apparent evil tendencies of
all these damn humans in my midst. But in a perfect society of trusting and trustworthy
folks, I would definitely be an anarchist...but then again, that would be structured society wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderTurboLover

I was wondering if there was a term for what I am

Count me in.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Libernosticist here

close enough

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

mmmph, i dunno

being an anarchist pantheist with kabbalist-neo-shamanic leanings myself* ...

i find it too restrictive/limiting for me

and shouldn't it be Anarchognosticists?
[etymology is important, otherwise a word has no meaning]

more importantly
why create labels for yourself and others ?

star for effort, though

* or whatever i'm calling myself at the moment

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I wish I had no form of ID, I'm too far embedded into the system now

My only hope is to travel the world and not come back, which I am greatly looking forward to

Peace
edit on 29/6/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Anarchy only works if absolutely 100%, without exception, every citizen is responsible and infallably loyal to a core, productive presence that exist within, and all dwell inside that same core productive presence without exiting that vision ever for even an instant of emotion or animal level instinct.

It may be true that you are able to dwell there, but that doesn't mean everyone else is, or can (yet). All are on different degrees of anvancement in their communion, if at all. The temperature of the whole society cannot judged by any one person's personal perception.
edit on 29-6-2012 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You present an intriguing world view, AlexanderTurboLover, and one that I can sympathise with. I would say that I am pretty close to where you are, but living along more nihilistic lines than you seem to be. Personally I believe nothing is true, therefore as fun as the hunt for answers is, I'm never going to know 100% the truth about anything. I'm not exactly an Agnostic, I'm not exactly anything I guess, but I do indeed have Anarchistic leanings and absolutely no trust for authority (be it religious, governmental or even scientific), preferring to set my own bubble of reality based upon how I feel at the time. Bit of a nomad, me, but as I said, while I am not an Anarnosticist, I am definitely sympathetic to your ideas.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
My spiritual path has meshed with my political path as well. As an Anarcho-Primitivist and Mystic, the dissolution of social hierarchies and advocacy of the equality of humanity are what I hold to be most important. As peaceful Anarchists, it is our responsibility to shift the waters to a more peaceful and free society, all of us together have a chance to make huge change for the benefit of Man. More people are awakening to true sovereignty, and that trend cannot be reversed.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Anarchy is political, agnostic is not knowing...

Why not just cal yourself an agnostic and an anarchist, since these are different subjects?

Or are you saying that your anarchy is related to your agnosticism?

If you are mixing anarchy and agnosticism, are you saying that you don't know if there is a god but even if there were, you wouldn't obey and would want to not be under his?

If you don't know if a god exists or not, I think the next best thing is studying and philosophizing the nature of existence (ontology) and then use logical reasoning to figure out how we should be living...

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
am an anarchist have neither a need for nor use for any government , leaders , religions in whatever form they take... its my life I live it on my terms ...

as to religion Ive no use for primitive superstition that should have been dumped long ago by humanity ...

new topics

top topics

join