It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this symbolise a collapse? Of time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
From the link:

Observations of supernovae, or exploding stars, found the movement of light indicated they were moving faster than those nearer to the centre of the universe.

Center of the universe huh? And just where in the heck is that?

We believe that time emerged during the Big Bang and if time can emerge, may disappear as well

The very act of "emerging" is a function of time. It implies there wasn't something and then there was. A measurement. Time is a measurement. So time emerged from... time?

Now I agree that the BB is the beginning of time (as we perceive it!), but all of time already existed, it does not emerge from anything. It has a beginning and an end which are infinitely distant from each other and have always existed within the context of timelessness (which is more fundamental than time). If we can perceive the beginning we can't perceive the end, and vice versa. But I subscribe to an infinite universe while most scientists don't.

I think we may have the capacity to perceive the moment immediately prior to the end of time. Also known as the present
And the closer we get to it the more we perceive it. The eternal moment of realization of what is, what already and has always existed outside of the illusion of time.

Like a sink full of water going down the drain. That is time. The end is right before the final drop disappears down the drain.

Time does not exist outside of self.. or inside for that matter. But saying it's not real doesn't help one believe the truth. So we have this experience of time. And the experience of the beginning and the end. We, stuck inside the delusion are entirely incapable of experiencing eternity.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Ish. That's if we assume that the sight of us is the same as us. If you're FTL, you appear to be in the place you left, while actually being in the place you stopped. That pushes you to the position of not being able to see what you are doing, not necessarily to BEING in the same 2 places at the same time.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

Originally posted by rwfresh

Originally posted by IAmD1

Originally posted by IAmD1

They have not even discovered Universe B yet.

Have you? hahaha

Universe by definition means everything - so what ever they find must be part of it. Or are we saying the we are hoping to find *another* everything?

Interesting that the word for everything in existence stems from uni (one) and verse (line) - it seems life is the ultimate one liner.

I prefer that use of the word as well. Universe was a good word for describing everything.. Back in the old days.. Before multiple infinities and multiple everythings.

Eternity was a good word too. Until it became "a long time". I'm sure science has a new word to mean the same thing.. it's more scientific now.

The end of novelty is nigh when you know the only thing left to discover is more confusion.

Indeed there's only so many ways you can cut one into parts of one until you realize no matter how small you cut it you still only have one only now it is broken and pointless ;P
edit on 28/6/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

No doubt! Man has worked pretty hard at an attempt to prove separateness. Admitting oneness is scary... Nowhere to escape from oneself!

Nice. flic.kr... everything fits inside the ONE, but in duality choice includes being able to separate ourselves. This is illusion. So is choice illusion? Or a path?
edit on 28-6-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

Example: look at this post as a whole, then the picture likned within the post.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Only that if, you built a connection, a spark, arc to the scorce of all things, and could perseive this connection to all things, could this lead to personal time travel and teleportation? If reality and it's limits are built on perseptions.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They have not even discovered Universe B yet.

Have you? hahaha

I've been connected to it but that story is something I've already wrote about in another thread.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You asked a question about my signature, ?do you mean the links or the quotes.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Quotes. Yours?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Quotes. Yours?

Yes they are both my original quotes and mantra of sorts, came to me was in a state of demonic trance. I made the second quote line into a short audio clip that's saved on a memory stick.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Choice is our perception observing what arises out of a number of possibilities at any given moment.
What we call as i had no choice is the same function we call choice at another time.

There is a constant process going on of evaluating all of what we have experienced which then leads on to the next experience. Sometimes we actively observe the process as it happens. This is what we call choice. But really when did we chose something that we could have chose differently? I'm a firm believer that what happened was the only thing that could happen at that time. Personally believe life is the process of experiencing as many possibilities of eternity as is possible within the boundaries of our current shape before transitioning into another state were we carry on doing the same, fit as much experience in before transition. Time is one measurement that help us approximate transitions.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

Quotes. Yours?

Yes they are both my original quotes and mantra of sorts, came to me was in a state of demonic trance. I made the second quote line into a short audio clip that's saved on a memory stick.

Wow. What a fascinating ride this is we are on. Many people find peace (medetation/trance) in many walks of life. And personal peace for some my be odd to others. I would like to understand and not oppose. that's why I ask. I hope you don't mind or find it offensive. Do these expeiriences for lack of better terms, effect the way you behave in reality? I ask becouse I have mind trips that give famous story's of old new meaning, prophetic visions ect. I've written about many here. And they have made me change my ways.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

My perseptions of time right now:
It's not linear. That's just our warped perseptions due to limited understanding, everything happens at the same time in the same moment. There is always only the immediate moment. If time is a line, and existance is another line. The moment is the point where the 2 lines cross, and one moves along the other(time moves through existanceor vice versa) the moment or point moves. The time line is imaginary, we made it up. Existance is an illusion on a much more grand Devine scale. Both lines therefore are illusion so all that exists is the moment. The truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

My perseptions of time right now:
It's not linear. That's just our warped perseptions due to limited understanding, everything happens at the same time in the same moment. There is always only the immediate moment. If time is a line, and existance is another line. The moment is the point where the 2 lines cross, and one moves along the other(time moves through existanceor vice versa) the moment or point moves. The time line is imaginary, we made it up. Existance is an illusion on a much more grand Devine scale. Both lines therefore are illusion so all that exists is the moment. The truth.

Once you have had a few these kind of shamanic moments how can one ever view reality the same again. Impossible. I already know that world in which we live is a ghost echo. The sun has already expanded and engulfed the Solar System, we haven't reached that point in 'time' as yet to know it. But I feel it as sure as banging your head. Everything that happens happens, in doing so causes something else to happen.

I like chaos magick theory and have had some remarkable results with its practical application. It works for me.
Read Liber Discordia if you have not already. It explains a lot about me and about everything else, sort of.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Aahh, a writer, getting the muse? Interesting stuff, good luck on your journey.
I had trouble visualising darkness as energy, as I saw it as nothing. But in darkness being pure chaos it now makes scence. As when I see this chaose I see pure energy, if you see what I see. Light is uniform and geometric yes? Order. Order out of chaos. The light is the tamed energy from the dark. Intuition for me now say this chaos energy is unpredictable and does not like to be ordered. Does It resist?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join