It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds June 25th (Video) Washington State

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Several of my friends heard it too and the police even got involved. The final report was that they were told by the Naval base in oak harbor that they were testing some jets on the runway....hmmmm. Still not sure what I think about that.

you gave me an idea.

I will be starting another thread calling on all of the people in our area to pinpoint the direction that the sound is coming from on a map based on their location. I am working on it now so that it will be easy for someone in our area to point a direction on a map the direction the can hear it from. Of course, anyone who includes some audio or video of the sound will be taken more seriously than someone just saying they "heard something". I think I have a process nailed down.

When it goes up I will call the Forum something like "Evergreen State SkySound Project" What do you think?

After enough data comes in regarding a general direction I will investigate the triangulated area personally. this should help clear this up pretty quickly. If I am wrong and the sounds are mundane, then we can put this to rest.

God, I love the scientific process.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Excellent. Count me in.

I have been hearing it again today and quite loud just a bit ago...my house vibrated from it. My husband still thinks its the jets...and he was in the Navy for 20 yrs so I have to give him a lo of redit. Still........

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
New strange sound report coming out of san diego: www.nbcsandiego.com... The fact that these noises are being heard world wide makes me disregard the conventional idea that it is just local mundane sources such as jet tests and industrial noise...every one alive in the modern world has grown up with such noises, people would not be reporting "strange noises" if they were not strange.... food for thought here: www.kipnews.org... and www.theosociety.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
every one alive in the modern world has grown up with such noises, people would not be reporting "strange noises" if they were not strange.... food for thought here

That is a good point. I do know what the world around my house sounds like... the video shows a sound that is new. I called them sky sounds because I didn't know what else to call them but they could just be industrial and new to me.

I'll keep on this.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OK, in my first thread regarding sky sounds many Washingtonians mentioned their own experiences but I have yet to see them come here and volunteer the info necessary for the project to move forward. In good fun lets recap some of your responses in the hopes that I can coerce you into getting the info that I am seeking

Jazz78

Originally posted by Jazz87
Over in the Puget Sound area, NW of you.

Was wondering when someone would post about the "the sounds" in my neck of the woods.

Haven't heard them myself, but am on the side of this can't be some huge hoax.

Would love to confirm, and I will keeps my ears peeled. Problem is, these jets seem like they go 24/7 with this 3rd runway... and there's times I feel like I can hit em with a rock, so makes hearing sky sounds kinda tough lol.

Farmhouse22 – What is your location?

Nitro67

Hi. I live a bit north of you, in Blaine Washington. Years back I heard a strange noise that I could not find out the source of. I did a lot of research and I think you will find my thread here of interest: www.abovetopsecret.com... Does the noise you are hearing have a vibratory effect? Can you "feel" it as well as hear it? In the clip all I can hear is a high pitched almost siren like sound.

westcoast

Originally posted by westcoast
Hi there! I live just a bit north of you in Sedro Woolley. I have been hearing this for the past couple of years now. I have made a couple of threads on it, which include video/audio. It is really hard to capture though, due to the tone of it, you did a good job! Back in February it wasthe loudest I'd ever heard it. Several of my friends heard it too and the police even got involved. The final report was that they were told by the Naval base in oak harbor that they were testing some jets on the runway....hmmmm. Still not sure what I think about that.

I have some links in my sig to the threads and several recordings...also, I heard it quite often today. Did you? I think it is still going on right now...guess I have just gotten used to it.

I am really willing to get this done if any of you can follow through with the info. If this thread craps out then I will attempt again with a new title. Something more sensational so that people pay attention.

looking forward to hearing from you all

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I am very fascinated by these strange sounds. I do wonder if it has to do with plates and fault lines. I googled around and found info on "The Hum" this has been going on since the 70's. I am in CO and have never heard any of the sounds that have been reported on ATS. CO is pretty solid ground- IMO. I think it could be the earth. Or maybe from solar weather. There has been some solar activity lately.

Good work OP.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What about fireworks for 4th July or Canada day, just across the border?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Good point Violet, but I am not expecting to hear anything at the location. I am going to snoop around the general area to learn more about the triangulated position. I really don't expect to actually capture the sound at it's source. I am going to ask around to the locals and such. Research the location. The fireworks should just make people in a more talkative mood I hope.

Also, a lot of people have been hearing these sounds for a long time so it's not fireworks if that is what you mean.

Thanks for the question though. Are you from the area?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

Thanks AuntB. Help spread the word if you can please.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone

Also, yes. I have started to learn the difference between the feeling or vibration that accompanies it and the sounds of say a train approaching. I am sure that my girlfriend is getting sick of me shushing her in the middle of her sentence every time I "think" that I can hear it.
You failed to mention if your GF hears it also. Has she heard it all along or when you point it out?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB

Also, yes. I have started to learn the difference between the feeling or vibration that accompanies it and the sounds of say a train approaching. I am sure that my girlfriend is getting sick of me shushing her in the middle of her sentence every time I "think" that I can hear it.
You failed to mention if your GF hears it also. Has she heard it all along or when you point it out?

I did glance over that didn't I. Thanks for asking.

The GF hears it but isn't as interested as I am in getting to the bottom of it. She says whether or not she agrees if the sound we hear is it or not but doesn't get quite as excited as I do. She thinks it's strange but not enough to put an effort into it's origins.
in the video that I took she was standing with me every time. she just isn't in the shot. We both stayed quiet for the camera.

The neighbor was standing there when it happened once and she confirmed that strangeness of it. We discussed the possibilities and her assessment was..."Could be anything" But she still couldn't pin it down either.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Good point Violet, but I am not expecting to hear anything at the location. I am going to snoop around the general area to learn more about the triangulated position. I really don't expect to actually capture the sound at it's source. I am going to ask around to the locals and such. Research the location. The fireworks should just make people in a more talkative mood I hope.

Also, a lot of people have been hearing these sounds for a long time so it's not fireworks if that is what you mean.

Cheers

I live in BC, canada, about 15 mins from Washington state, US. Border.
I meant this incident might be fireworks or other celebrations causing noises. . Canada day was July 1st.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

It is the BORG, resistence is futal. Assimillation to commence. OMG, what are we to do.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
reply to post by Mrgone

It is the BORG, resistence is futal. Assimillation to commence. OMG, what are we to do.

I wasn't looking for a comedian. Good luck on your next comedy tour.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Cheers

I live in BC, canada, about 15 mins from Washington state, US. Border.
I meant this incident might be fireworks or other celebrations causing noises. . Canada day was July 1st.

Have you listened to the video? If so, what type of firework do you think it is?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I heard them too. I just started to go to sleep and then i heard this boom and strange noises. So i decided to record them on my recording device. OH, and no they are not from the power plant noises or factories that are located next to me. Omg, what are these noises. There it goes again, a boom noise. No, again it is not the trains locking cars and stopping and going on the tracks. Do you hear it. It all over. No, again, it is not the buisnesses around me, OK. Stop being a comedian. This is true. There it is again. and again. OMG, what is going on here?
You know what i mean BRO. You can trust me, right? So many people on youtube hear this noise. They all are not fakes, right? You know what i mean BRO. Yeah DUDE, listen to those strange noises on youtube BRO. I tell ya no lie, it all on youtube, it must be true, bro dude.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
I heard them too. I just started to go to sleep and then i heard this boom and strange noises. So i decided to record them on my recording device. OH, and no they are not from the power plant noises or factories that are located next to me. Omg, what are these noises. There it goes again, a boom noise. No, again it is not the trains locking cars and stopping and going on the tracks. Do you hear it. It all over. No, again, it is not the buisnesses around me, OK. Stop being a comedian. This is true. There it is again. and again. OMG, what is going on here?
You know what i mean BRO. You can trust me, right? So many people on youtube hear this noise. They all are not fakes, right? You know what i mean BRO. Yeah DUDE, listen to those strange noises on youtube BRO. I tell ya no lie, it all on youtube, it must be true, bro dude.

That was not contributory nor constructive.

Refrain from commenting in my threads from now on. Your brand of humor is not constructive

Cheers

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Yes I listened to the video and no I didn't think it sounded like a firework. Since you didn't record the sound event in its entirity and a YouTube video doesn't really do it justice, clouds and atmospheric conditions can distort sounds heard further away. It was just a question not an observation.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I do agree that it would be nice to know what the sounds are but... I noticed that the birds are happy in the video. I am not an expert but birds will sound an alarm when danger is near. All animals are more tuned in and reactive when danger is present. These sounds seem non-threatening to the birds a.) because they have heard them for so long they have become accustomed to or b.) there may not be a danger to these sounds. If the birds stopped singing, the crickets go quiet and not a squirrel is seen scampering, that would be the time IMO to worry.

Also- have you made note of the sounds and the quakes that have been in the ares? Times of sounds vs.times of quakes?

edit on 4-7-2012 by AuntB because: also......

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB.

Also- have you made note of the sounds and the quakes that have been in the ares? Times of sounds vs.times of quakes?

edit on 4-7-2012 by AuntB because: also......

I have a quake site that I check frequently. No quakes in my area around that date.

And the birds in my area are hearty. Not much stops them from singing.

Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join