It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there have been a lost civilization along the Colorado River?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Subbing to read later and do my own research.

This thread has piqued my interest.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
The story I had just read up on that I think may have influenced me to see it was that of the Si-Te-Cah: a legendary race of red-haired cannibal giants who mummified their dead.
Here is theWikipedia article on the legend, and to give credit where credit is due, here is Stormdancer777's thread on the Si-Te-Cah from 2010,

If you were around the Mojave desert, then it was either the Mojave tribe themselves or one of the Yuman Language family tribes. The tribes that lived along the Colorado river in the past were:

Colorado River Tribes by Language Family
1. Havasupai (Grand Canyon tribe), Hualapai, Walapai, Yavapai, and Yuma tribes of the Yuman language family.
2. Mojave tribe and Cocopa tribe of the Hokan language family.
3. Chemehuevi tribe of the Numic branch of Uto-Aztecan language family (Numic branch related to Utes and Southern Paiutes).
4. Salado tribe (extinct) and Hohokam tribe (extinct). Technically the closest Hohokam village to the Colorado river is on Goldwater Military Range 35 miles from the river. Most people don't know it's there because its on military land so most end their Hohokam maps at Gila Bend. The Goldwater Range Hohokam site is north of Mohawk mountain off I-8, just off the Ave 45E exit east of Colfred. Ave 45E becomes Hohokam Road crossing into the military range land (off limits to public though). It is 35 miles from the Colorado river and there might be one even closer to the Colorado River that I don't know about on the military land.
5. Navajo tribe of the Athabaskan language family.
6. Anasazi (supposed to be ancestors of the Hopi).

So there's a lot of other tribes that could have made that. The red headed mummies are up in Nevada.

It will probably take me some time to actually document what I'm just gonna say for now, but there were reported to have been discoveries in Death Valley circa 1850, 1920 and 1946-47

The tribes in the past (not their present locations) that lived bordering the Mojave desert in California and Arizona were the Mojave tribe, Cupeno, Kamia, Yuma, Salado (extinct), Yavapai (in past, not present), Walapai and Chemehuevi.

I also remember reading about a supposed secret cave somewhere on the canyon walls above the Colorado in an off-limits area of the Grand Canyon.

If it's off limits in the Grand Canyon then it probably belongs to the Havasupai tribe or is sacred to them. Havasupai tribe is from the Yuman language group. I googled Havasupai genetics and they don't have any red head genes or anything regarding melanin absence in the tribal genes. (melanin genes pertaining to red hair or blonde hair).

It's the Hopi (descendants of the Anasazi) that have the unusual genes with regards to melanin. They have an incidence of albinism among their tribe at a rate of 1 in 200. It's called Waardenburg syndrome.

Characteristics of Albino Waardenburg syndrome

* iris pigmentary abnormality (two eyes different color or iris bicolor or characteristic brilliant blue iris)
* hair hypopigmentation (white forelock or white hairs at other sites on the body)
* sensorineural hearing loss
* dystopia canthorum (lateral displacement of inner canthi)
* skin hypopigmentation (congenital leukoderma/white skin patches)
* medial eyebrow flare (synophrys)
* broad nasal root
* hypoplasia alae nasi
* premature graying of the hair (before age 30).

Wiki

So the Hopi tribe has a really high incidence (1 in 200) of this form of albinism. Navajos also have a type of albinism in their tribe but of a different type. Navajos have oculocutaneous albinism type 2 like the Japanese and its rare among them. Athabaskans (Navajo & Apache) were the last group to cross Beringia so the Navajo are the youngest tribe to the Colorado river.

It's the Hopi (descendants of the Anasazi) form of albinism that's different from other tribes and very common among them. But none of the other tribes practiced mummification and definitely not the Hopi.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MapMistress

Thanks MapMistress that was interesting information

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think people are seeing things in rocks that are really not there. It is one thing to see an ancient carving and to find proof that is was really carved but these rocks that people see structure in are a little too much for me. Isn't it just as likely that there are numerous examples of nature eroding things which turn out to resemble things we recognize. I can go down to my local creek or river and find rocks that look like something else on any given day. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

There is that damn white again, even the Hoppi tell us about him!

Come on guys, there has got to be something to this.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by Murgatroid

There is that damn white again, even the Hoppi tell us about him!

Come on guys, there has got to be something to this.

Don't forget that like all people albinos are born to native Americans too. In most cultures Albinos are considered either sacred beings or devils

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join