It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama booed at his own fund raiser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
bostonglobe.com... .html
President Obama triggered a chorus of boos from fans still a bit raw over the deal with Youkilis going to Chicago.

" And finally Boston I just wanna thay, thank you for Youkilis"
Whats with the "thhhh's"
He then pauses to check himself, while the crowd begins to booo.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

It would have been better if he got booed over a political issue. I don't think getting booed over a baseball issue counts or will change anyone's votes.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

It would have been better if he got booed over a political issue. I don't think getting booed over a baseball issue counts or will change anyone's votes.

just goes to show what actual Obama supporters care about,, hint: it's not Obama.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's almost like he is trying to lose this election, because of what is coming......

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
It's almost like he is trying to lose this election, because of what is coming......

I think the same as u, and have another thought what if he isn't worried about "loosing" the election because there wont be any election?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Sounded like he was immitating 'Jey Leno'
Pause after making a comment for the audience's reaction (good or bad).

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I keep forgetting that Conservatives don't understand humor.

Here's a hint...it was a joke...they were supposed to boo...or the joke would have failed.

Wow!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Yeah, you know my opinion on Obama, and yet even I have to agree with OKS here. In the sports world, when you make a comment such as the one Obama made, it is intended to get some good natured boos. One of the few issues in which Obama hasn't been completely obfuscatory, is in his allegence to specific sports teams. I'd guess there were a few in attendance who were legitimately pissed about the comment, but I bet the majority took it as good natured ribbing from a rival team's fan. (Now, if Youkilis had been traded to the Bronx and Obama were a Yankee fan... WHOLE different ballgame in Boston and the SS would have had to form a rolling phallanx around him to get him to safety.)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Its all a big joke to Barry anyhow. The boooooos in November will be defining and deafening.

OH BTW, just saying. >u

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I keep forgetting that Conservatives don't understand humor.

Here's a hint...it was a joke...they were supposed to boo...or the joke would have failed.

Wow!

Yep, that's what every comedian say's after they've been booed. It is, as far as any genuine comedian is concerned, the gold standard of success, to be booed. Applause? A sure sign a comedian is bombing. Laughter? Oh no! Laughter is the death of any good joke, and a real comedian will take boo's any day over laughter. After all, comedians are in it for the boo's not the laughs.

Barack Obama is fast becoming one of the most influential comedians in the history of comedy.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
For the love of...

He was in Boston. He's, by all accounts, a HUGE Whitesox fan. What politician wouldn't at least think about a harmless jab like that? god knows I'd have done it, too.

I'm no supporter of Pres. Obama, goodness knows... But, really? This is not indicative of a thing, save a sense of humor. I'd bet not one of those supporters didn't still write a check at the end of the night.

People argue over sports all the time. It's one of the safest topics there is. Heated? Yes. Harmless? Also, yes. In this instance? Meaningless.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

He Cant do or say anything, right.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I have to somewhat disagree with you, there. When we entered the era of shock jocks and cringe humor made popular by Opie & Anthony, Howard Stern, Lil' Jimmy Norton, Patrice O'Neil (RIP), Tom Green, brutal celebrity roasts, Daniel Tosh, and the Jackass crew, comedy wasn't "just" about the laughs anymore. It counterflexed into a contest to see who could shock the most people, anger the most people, and even garner the most negative crowd reaction. I'm not suggesting that was at play here, mostly because cringe humor doesn't play well when one is attempting to gain voters and also because it requires a much higher degree of wit and cleverness than I would ever accuse Obama and his writers of possessing, but your assertation that no comic goes after boos and negative reactions simply isn't true.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

This conservative does. So do many, many others. Not all of us are blinded by partisan hate. I would expect much the same from liberals, correct?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

OutKast is not blinded by partisan hate, just frustrated with every tiny little stupid thing Obama does being spotlighted and enlarged. Of course, every President gets this kind of treatment, but OutKast knows this and is just frustrated with all the pointless sniping.

Obama actually does tell some pretty funny jokes and his "Hillary won't stop drunk texting me" is one of my favorites, but telling joke for the express purpose of soliciting boos is an odd strategy in an election year.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I was referencing the common theme that he reiterated, that all conservatives think in lockstep. We don't. Anymore than all liberals do.

However, if he takes offense, I will apologize.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

but your assertation that no comic goes after boos and negative reactions simply isn't true.

I hope you realize you had to extrapolate an "assertion" out of my sarcasm. Are you sure my sarcasm was asserting that? It was, after all, in reply to an assertion that conservatives don't get humor and that a joke...is supposed to get boos....

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

This conservative does. So do many, many others. Not all of us are blinded by partisan hate. I would expect much the same from liberals, correct?

Yes, Liberals play the same silly games...like trying to make a big deal about Romney's dog carrier.

I was referencing the common theme that he reiterated, that all conservatives think in lockstep. We don't. Anymore than all liberals do.

However, if he takes offense, I will apologize.

I don't take offense...if anything I was the one painting with the broad brush and apologize if I offended anyone.

When I make general comments, they aren't meant to apply to individuals...they are meant to address the majority as I see it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

but your assertation that no comic goes after boos and negative reactions simply isn't true.

I hope you realize you had to extrapolate an "assertion" out of my sarcasm. Are you sure my sarcasm was asserting that? It was, after all, in reply to an assertion that conservatives don't get humor and that a joke...is supposed to get boos....

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Really my man? Really? I think you may have a bit of confusion here (no biggies, happens to the best of us occassionally.) I think what actually happened here was that I either failed to extrapolate the sarcasm out of you assertion, or you somehow managed to hide it so well that it wasn't easily found in the first place. Regardless, your claimed sarcasm was misguided, as I have pointed out above modern comedy does, often, rely more on boos and cringes than laughs and applause.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Really my man? Really? I think you may have a bit of confusion here (no biggies, happens to the best of us occassionally.) I think what actually happened here was that I either failed to extrapolate the sarcasm out of you assertion, or you somehow managed to hide it so well that it wasn't easily found in the first place. Regardless, your claimed sarcasm was misguided, as I have pointed out above modern comedy does, often, rely more on boos and cringes than laughs and applause.

Yes, really man. Really! It is clearly you who are confused (no biggies, it happens to the best of us occasionally). Before I go back to my initial post, it is prudent at this point to clear up the confusion on what it means to assert:

1. To state or express positively; affirm: asserted his innocence.

Now here is, in fact, what I asserted:

Yep, that's what every comedian say's after they've been booed. It is, as far as any genuine comedian is concerned, the gold standard of success, to be booed. Applause? A sure sign a comedian is bombing. Laughter? Oh no! Laughter is the death of any good joke, and a real comedian will take boo's any day over laughter. After all, comedians are in it for the boo's not the laughs.

Here is what you claimed I asserted:

...but your assertation that no comic goes after boos and negative reactions simply isn't true.

The fact of the matter is that I made no such assertion and in fact made the exact opposite assertion. So, when you say:

I think what actually happened here was that I either failed to extrapolate the sarcasm out of you assertion, or you somehow managed to hide it so well that it wasn't easily found in the first place. Regardless, your claimed sarcasm was misguided, as I have pointed out above modern comedy does, often, rely more on boos and cringes than laughs and applause.

Disingenuous much? Indeed, you with this remark only echo what I said, so if you failed to "extrapolate the sarcasm out of my assertion", one has to wonder why you believe we are in disagreement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join