# of partners

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Would you ever settle down or marry someone who has had sex with alot of partners?
What about 50? Would that effect your decision on whether this person is worthy of marriage?




posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
My wife knows i have slept with over 600 people.. what does it matter?



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've had over 75 that I can remember (more that I can't, I know for sure.)

My wife finds it a turn on...

Then again, I am her first and only, so.. lol weird situation I guess there



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
99% of folks have a past. 90% of those people probably regret a lot of that past.

If the tiger had changed their stripes, then I would marry them.

Not sure I could if the person had actually been in the porn industry or a paid prostitute. I am not sure why...but there it is. I guess the money changing hands makes it a little more disgusting in my view.

ETA That the more I think on it... there would have to be a cut off somewhere. I could accept someone who had quite a few lovers, but probably not in the hundreds. That's a lot. I would wonder why one couldn't find happiness before then.


edit on 6/25/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
My wife knows i have slept with over 600 people.. what does it matter?


Some would say: if you had 600 partners and nobody has kept you, there must be a problem



edit; ewe merino? and you're a christian now? wow
hah
time flies
edit on 25-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: minding space



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
I've had over 75 that I can remember (more that I can't, I know for sure.)

My wife finds it a turn on...

Then again, I am her first and only, so.. lol weird situation I guess there




Would you feel the same if it were her and not you?



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed
 


Wouldn't affect my decision. Sounds like a looker. This person must quite saucy. :-P

I would prob. force a check for a clean bill of health. You shouldn't have to suffer an STD for this person's many partners. I guess since you are talking about marriage, you're past that being a relative concern.

I would say that whether you are OK with this depends on YOU. Do you feel jealous or threatened by this past? If so, maybe you should understand more about yourself before making the decision.

Is there a high likelihood that this person will not remain monogamous given their history, if that's what you desire? Talk to him/her about this, not just Internet randoms -- is he/she really ready to settle down, if that's what you're discussing?



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by Jomina
I've had over 75 that I can remember (more that I can't, I know for sure.)

My wife finds it a turn on...

Then again, I am her first and only, so.. lol weird situation I guess there




Would you feel the same if it were her and not you?


Sure, I've been with gals that have had a lot of partners, as well, and it was no issue.

It's a matter of maturity and mindset, I suppose. Sex is just sex, it's only got emotional attachment to it if we make it that way.

And, frankly, that's exactly how our species is designed to be, no? Morality and ethics aside, we're born to do very few things... procreate, eat, sleep and evacuate old food.

Anything else is just mindset lol


But no, I'd have no issue idf she had that many partners. It's me she's with now, after all. I know she feels that way about my own past.

And yea, as the poster said above, the past is past. Shoot, on a cell by cell basis, we are not even the same creature we were after 7 years (we have 100% new cells each 7 years or so). So e are not even those people anymore, if you take a look at it in those terms.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by Jomina
I've had over 75 that I can remember (more that I can't, I know for sure.)

My wife finds it a turn on...

Then again, I am her first and only, so.. lol weird situation I guess there




Would you feel the same if it were her and not you?


Sure, I've been with gals that have had a lot of partners, as well, and it was no issue.

It's a matter of maturity and mindset, I suppose. Sex is just sex, it's only got emotional attachment to it if we make it that way.

And, frankly, that's exactly how our species is designed to be, no? Morality and ethics aside, we're born to do very few things... procreate, eat, sleep and evacuate old food.

Anything else is just mindset lol


But no, I'd have no issue idf she had that many partners. It's me she's with now, after all. I know she feels that way about my own past.

And yea, as the poster said above, the past is past. Shoot, on a cell by cell basis, we are not even the same creature we were after 7 years (we have 100% new cells each 7 years or so). So e are not even those people anymore, if you take a look at it in those terms.


I appreciate the reply.
I am a female and often find that the stigma lies with the woman when it comes to partners. A lot of men want virgin women, but feel they can "sew their wild oats" with tons of other women before they marry. I was just curious if you would feel the same, especially given that you were her first.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
ETA That the more I think on it... there would have to be a cut off somewhere. I could except someone who had quite a few lovers, but probably not in the hundreds. That's a lot. I would wonder why one couldn't find happiness before then.


edit on 6/25/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)


A lot of folks that have a huge amount of partners (talking in the 100+ range) almost always have had issues in their youth with lack of love from parents or partners.

So they end up equating sex with love, and will seek it out at great legnths.

There's also those that are simply very sensual and enjoy variety, and there's really NO reason for that one
it just is.

But yeah, there's usually a root to it. I know there was one for my many partners. I started out really young (at 9 years old) and got addicted to it, due to not having enough maturity to handle the emotional/physical side effects that can come with starting off that young.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm a guy and you have two options with girls.

Lie to yourself about finding one that is a virgin and would never sleep with anyone but you.



Or just find one that is open and honest.



Just because a girl has only been with 2 people, doesn't mean she will only be with 3 (you) for the rest of her life. Just because a girl has been with 50 people, doesn't mean she will be with another 50.

Part of it is social stigma. I have countless acquaintances who proudly gloat about how innocent and loyal their partners are. Unfortunately, I also know other people that give me the dish on them. Small world. Not my business, funny enough though.

A lot of it is just politics, between the mate and between the friends in the social circle. Best thing to do is keep the couple's business the couple's.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

I appreciate the reply.
I am a female and often find that the stigma lies with the woman when it comes to partners. A lot of men want virgin women, but feel they can "sew their wild oats" with tons of other women before they marry. I was just curious if you would feel the same, especially given that you were her first.


SAure thing, I always hated that people would blame women or look down on them for doing anything that a man would do lol Equality runs both ways


I think a lot of that mindset you speak of comes from a lot of guys *and gals too* feeling that they "own" their partner, that they are their property or they have "won" them, etc.

That's a big issue for me, I haaaate when people act that way. You are your own person, and I consider myself lucky to be a part of your life, you know? I don't own my wife, nor she I.

I think that makes a big difference, to be honest. I see that type of thing out there a lot. That type of thinking is where jealousy stems from.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina
 


And some people just do it for fun. Or a conquest.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
As long as your not on video!!!

Serious..The number is not that important unless you are running into people you stuck every 5 minutes or if your on video that would change the situation for me.



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I'm a guy and you have two options with girls.

Lie to yourself about finding one that is a virgin and would never sleep with anyone but you.



Or just find one that is open and honest.


Just because a girl has only been with 2 people, doesn't mean she will only be with 3 (you) for the rest of her life. Just because a girl has been with 50 people, doesn't mean she will be with another 50.

Part of it is social stigma. I have countless acquaintances who proudly gloat about how innocent and loyal their partners are. Unfortunately, I also know other people that give me the dish on them. Small world. Not my business, funny enough though.

A lot of it is just politics, between the mate and between the friends in the social circle. Best thing to do is keep the couple's business the couple's.


Well said! With the advent of Fackbook and other avenues, there are so many ways to screw up your marriages !
edit on 25-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

A lot of folks that have a huge amount of partners (talking in the 100+ range) almost always have had issues in their youth with lack of love from parents or partners.

So they end up equating sex with love, and will seek it out at great legnths.

There's also those that are simply very sensual and enjoy variety, and there's really NO reason for that one
it just is.

But yeah, there's usually a root to it. I know there was one for my many partners. I started out really young (at 9 years old) and got addicted to it, due to not having enough maturity to handle the emotional/physical side effects that can come with starting off that young.


I think the "equating sex with love" thing is HUGE. I know people who still do this. Heartache after heartache. I think the earlier one starts (not disclosing exact age here, but too young myself) the more this holds true. Especially for women. I think we expect love to automatically come with sex (at a very young age) and it doesn't...so we go on a quest of sorts.

The older one is, the more they can possibly sort out the circumstances from that first time. But I am only an armchair psychiatrist,


It is good she accepts you for who you are.


Originally posted by Jomina

SAure thing, I always hated that people would blame women or look down on them for doing anything that a man would do lol Equality runs both ways


I think a lot of that mindset you speak of comes from a lot of guys *and gals too* feeling that they "own" their partner, that they are their property or they have "won" them, etc.

That's a big issue for me, I haaaate when people act that way. You are your own person, and I consider myself lucky to be a part of your life, you know? I don't own my wife, nor she I.

I think that makes a big difference, to be honest. I see that type of thing out there a lot. That type of thinking is where jealousy stems from.


I couldn't agree more if I had written it myself!



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Fine with me, long as it ain't wollered out too much...



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by HamrHeed
 


Wouldn't affect my decision. Sounds like a looker. This person must quite saucy. :-P

I would prob. force a check for a clean bill of health. You shouldn't have to suffer an STD for this person's many partners. I guess since you are talking about marriage, you're past that being a relative concern.

I would say that whether you are OK with this depends on YOU. Do you feel jealous or threatened by this past? If so, maybe you should understand more about yourself before making the decision.

Is there a high likelihood that this person will not remain monogamous given their history, if that's what you desire? Talk to him/her about this, not just Internet randoms -- is he/she really ready to settle down, if that's what you're discussing?


I wouldn't marry someone who has been with hundreds of men.. That's just asking for drama, the same way marrying a virgin would.
If I'm signing half of my soul away, I'll make sure she's legitimate lol



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Well said! With the advent of Fackbook and other avenues, there are so many ways to screw up your marriages !
edit on 25-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)


That is the truth! I don't have a facebook, myspace, etc. for that exact reason. The day I signed up with facebook an old guy friend popped up 10 minutes later.... I figured I wouldn't want my husband doing that to me, so I deleted it instantly. It is hard enough to make a marriage work without adding in all the other complications stuff like that can cause if you let it.



Originally posted by Vinny5036
Fine with me, long as it ain't wollered out too much...


edit on 6/25/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am glad you cummed out of da closet ewe! Good for ewe!






top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join