It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Honest Question to Freemasons

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Masons, not a single self made man.

I was a very successful business owner long before I became a Mason. Let me know if you ever make it to New Jersey and I can show you the proof.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

I gave you a star so you don't feel so left out.

Just out of curiosity, what did a mason do to you?

edit to add:

Before I was a mason, I had a very successful business. Then when the economy dove into hell, my business went with it. I joined in the middle of the end of my business. I have not asked for any help from anyone and I am rebuilding my life and my finances all by myself. And I still find time to be active in masonry and spend time with my family. Maybe you should ask around before you judge every mason.
edit on 25-6-2012 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Even your bad lines and responses get minimum 2 stars W3RLIED2...gee I wonder why?
I guess mason friends hold you up in favoritism, obviously.

Favoritism and elitism are detriments to the evolution of human civilization.
edit on 25-6-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

I gave you a star, too. Cheer up, Francis, not like they are worth money!

I was a journeyman carpenter before joining Freemasonry and continue to work in the trade. Things have been much slower for me in the last couple years though.

Any way, it matters little. Youre wrong though. Most Masons are the definition of self made men.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Dreine

The primary philosophy is Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth. Some would also say Charity, Love, and Faith are equally important to a Mason.

The only mission Freemasons have is to do our best to improve society in our respective communities. My home lodge hosts a charity drive nearly every month, for some reason or another and the turn out is always pretty decent.

Aside from raising money for the various charities we support, many Brothers find that one of the greatest pleasures in Masonry is joining the officers line and volunteering time with their Lodge. There is no benefit from doing so other than a mans willingness to help his Brothers, and study what it means to be a Mason.

There is no one singular set path a Mason must follow. After the Sublime Degree is conferred, a Mason takes his journey into his own hands, equipped with the tools of the Craft, and lives his life the way he best sees fit.

May I ask sir are any Blacks in particular members of your lodge?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rbmgang

Yes, there are several black members of my lodge. Theres also several asians, jews, and mexicans, who all meet harmoniously and share in the fellowship and Brotherly Love.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

I don't give every post a Brother makes a star necessarily, I do give them if I agree with the answer or it was answered how I would have. I do this so that I don't jump on to the thread and give the impression that the Masons are ganging up on a poster.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

I used to not give any one stars, partly because i think they are a bit un needed, but also because i just never did.

Lately i do it because i can! I always give Masons a star, i make no secret about it. If people dont like it they can suck my big toe.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by no1smootha

I used to not give any one stars, partly because i think they are a bit un needed, but also because i just never did.

Lately i do it because i can! I always give Masons a star, i make no secret about it. If people dont like it they can suck my big toe.

ewwwww. A toe sucker.

California huh.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Left coasters are kinkier than you prudes back east.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's scary to think about the people you love and trust the most in life COULD be not who you think they are.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hey! I recently joined ATS and have been lurking these forums for a while. I think something that the OP should know about is that he should be prepared to take life long oaths and that he will be required to engage in magical rituals.

I also think it's funny that the masons in this thread got so defensive when someone pointed out how they always star each others' posts!

I don't really know much about them to be honest, but I know about the illuminati and if you read about them you will find out that they were freemasons.

A question for the OP, have you ever heard of New World Order?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HtownRocks111

If you love and trust someone, it is because you find them lovable and they have earned your trust. Don't let The rant of some anonymous Internet poster ruin that for you.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by HtownRocks111

I heard an episode of coast to coast recently where the guest was some secret society guy. A caller called in and said that she had a freemason book from her deceased father and that it was written in a language she couldn't recognize. It was really scary because she was like "he would never talk about it" and seemed really creeped out!!!

I think when you get to those illuminati lodges or whatever they make you learn the devil language of babylon or something because that's the language you do magic with.

These are just my thoughts though...this site is so cool!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Dreine,

It's late, and so I have not read this whole thread yet, but judging from the title I thought a link to one of my old threads might be helpful, if that stuff hasn't been covered yet.

Regards,
Axe

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GardenParty

No, it's not in a foreign or ancient language. The book she found was a cipher book that is coded only Masons can read. Although the rituals have been exposed time and time again, we as Freemasons are not allowed to print them (and remain true to our obligation to the order). So in order to refresh our memories, we have cipher books to practice with until the ritual is firmly committed to our mind and then we must perform it without the aid of a cipher book during degrees. Sorry to disappoint but our Masonic rituals are not magical rituals, rather they are initiatory ceremonies.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Has it ever occured to you that you are a product of those around you?
Your parents, siblings, teachers, friends.

The only self-made man I have ever heard of is Mowgli from "the Jungle Book", and he at least had a talking bear to help shape his character.
edit on 26/6/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by HtownRocks111
It's scary to think about the people you love and trust the most in life COULD be not who you think they are.

My family has been extremely badly affected by something that a very close family friend once did.
It is often those closest to home that betray you.

I have not yet been betrayed or hurt by a Mason.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Mine too! and my grandmother used to set up the masonic hall nears us for there meetings.
i remember being with her when she set it up there where these big wooden carved chairs, with figures and animals carved into them.
but the actual meetings where totally secret, with a secret hand shake.
i inheritted my grandfathers silver Ankh, that the mason's wore.
sorry i went a little off topic.
I'm not a mason myself and i can only give my opinion. there maybe 'some hidden agenda' and secrets they have but i dont know but i can say my grandfather (RIP) was the most kind, generous person i knew, he would have done anything for anyone, so i cant see him being part of a negative orginisation.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Even your bad lines and responses get minimum 2 stars W3RLIED2...gee I wonder why?
I guess mason friends hold you up in favoritism, obviously.

Favoritism and elitism are detriments to the evolution of human civilization.
edit on 25-6-2012 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

This is because Freemasons don't believe man is made by 'self'. Self is what causes elitism, not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You have no leg to stand on in saying this statement.

reply to post by GardenParty

So you're incapable of keeping your word for life? What "magic"?

We didn't get that defensive, so don't you worry your little beak.

The problem is I'm sure you read a lot of this off of the internet and the internet is clogged with misinformation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join