It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about a SHEEPLE....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I've been pondering something...

This might be a question for maybe a farmer. The question is, what happens if you don't shier a sheep? Is that okay or does the sheep need to get sheared in order for it to grow a fresh new coat from time to time? Doesn't the old coat get infested by bugs and stuff?

I just wonder if maybe sheeple are like that. Don't they need to get sheared from time to time? Basically have all or some of there wealth stripped away. That gives them a fresh perspective on life and a reason to start to work hard again? Otherwise maybe everyone would get fat and lazy once they got some measure of success?

People are raised on a steady diet of hollywood, keeping up with jones's and our education system which all brainwashes them to consume and accumulate. No different than the sheep. So once they have wood it seems the system steps in and figures out a way to shear them. Like an audit or whatever. shouldn't the sheeple get sheared or not? Seems like everyone gets sheared at some point. Perhaps like the sheep it's even good for them.
edit on 25-6-2012 by r2d246 because: t

edit on 25-6-2012 by r2d246 because: d

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Firstly, calling them "sheep" is your first problem.

It's arrogant and gives the air that you are somehow better than they are because you've been exposed to information they do not have, or do not have the opportunity to obtain.

You were once un-informed and blissfull. Would have reacted in a positive way to somebody name calling you while trying to "wake" you up?

Probably not.

First start by treating these people with respect and only assisting the ones that want to be helped.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Seems like everyone gets sheared at some point. Perhaps like the sheep it's even good for them.

Perhaps, perhaps not... but I think that's the wrong question...The question I have is: should it be done by circumstances in life or by compulsion of the system? Can't quite tell which way you're leaning/arguing...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm just using that word as an analogy to compare the two. I don't mean anything bad by it.

It just dawned on me last night. I was thinking about it and I was like "why do they have to rape the sheep". Then I was like "well what happens if they don't"? Doesn't the wool grow too thick and almost harm the sheep? Like what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and smarter. That's why I was thinking maybe it's actually not such a bad thing. Like the get sheared and it might snap them out of that false pradigm reality.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
In the natural world, sheep are not sheered. Their coats grow naturally as a form of protection from the harshness of the elements. Sheep are only sheered when they are "owned" by a Shepard, and the Shepard only sheers the sheep as a benefit to himself, not the animal.

Now, apply that logic to man. Who is the Shepard and who is the sheep? Should man be stripped of his natural or amassed qualities purely for the benefit of someone else? I would have to say no. A sheep who cannot protect themselves is less likely to thrive, and, as with all herds, the fittest will survive

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
In the natural world, sheep are not sheered. Their coats grow naturally as a form of protection from the harshness of the elements. Sheep are only sheered when they are "owned" by a Shepard, and the Shepard only sheers the sheep as a benefit to himself, not the animal.

Now, apply that logic to man. Who is the Shepard and who is the sheep? Should man be stripped of his natural or amassed qualities purely for the benefit of someone else? I would have to say no. A sheep who cannot protect themselves is less likely to thrive, and, as with all herds, the fittest will survive

Ya good point.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by r2d246

It's arrogant and gives the air that you are somehow better than they are because you've been exposed to information they do not have, or do not have the opportunity to obtain.

You were once un-informed and blissfull. Would have reacted in a positive way to somebody name calling you while trying to "wake" you up?

Probably not.

First start by treating these people with respect and only assisting the ones that want to be helped.

~Tenth

we were all sheep at one point, even if we don't like it, but it isn't the point.

we aren't better, we just know things, that we didn't know before.

we are different now, we used to be sheep, but now we are not.

if i was called a sheep, i would say, why? please teach me more, i would like to learn.

the problem is that if you call a real sheep a "sheep" they say *RAGE RAGE, GO AWAY*

they refuse to learn and don't want to listen because it takes their reality apart and they can't or don't want to handle it.

some sheep are nice people, and i don't mean to offend in any way if i use the term.

i remember when i was a sheep, i was like "bahahahahah" but now im like "whoaaa dude things are bad"

some sheep are like "huh? no way" and then they learn and they appreciate that you taught them so much.

peace.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I thought the farm side of the question was interesting. In a nutshell, wild sheep do not need to be shorn, sheep kept by farmers probably do need it.
Yahoo answers

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

I'm just using that word as an analogy to compare the two. I don't mean anything bad by it.

It just dawned on me last night. I was thinking about it and I was like "why do they have to rape the sheep". Then I was like "well what happens if they don't"? Doesn't the wool grow too thick and almost harm the sheep? Like what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and smarter. That's why I was thinking maybe it's actually not such a bad thing. Like the get sheared and it might snap them out of that false pradigm reality.

I understand that you don't mean anything harmfull, but the use of labels inherently encourages a negative reaction to new information.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

He's right, r2d246. 'Sheeple' doesn't really work anymore.

You'd probably have much better luck with the word "retarded". It really drives the point home, and I guarantee that it will garner a positive response during a political discussion.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

reply to post by r2d246

Probably not.

~Tenth

we were all sheep at one point, even if we don't like it, but it isn't the point.

if i was called a sheep, i would say, why? please teach me more, i would like to learn.

the problem is that if you call a real sheep a "sheep" they say *RAGE RAGE, GO AWAY*

they refuse to learn and don't want to listen because it takes their reality apart and they can't or don't want to handle it.

some sheep are nice people, and i don't mean to offend in any way if i use the term.

i remember when i was a sheep, i was like "bahahahahah" but now im like "whoaaa dude things are bad"

some sheep are like "huh? no way" and then they learn and they appreciate that you taught them so much.

peace.

if you vote or believe that the government or obama will help you, you're a retard...i mean sheepie

same goes with atheism and religion. if you're an atheist and for one reason or another join up with a atheist organization that basically tells you what is right or wrong (think JREF or richard Dawkins forum) you are a sheep.

the only way to not be a sheep is to live in the country side in a secluded area.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I've been pondering something...

This might be a question for maybe a farmer. The question is, what happens if you don't shier a sheep? Is that okay or does the sheep need to get sheared in order for it to grow a fresh new coat from time to time? Doesn't the old coat get infested by bugs and stuff?

I just wonder if maybe sheeple are like that. Don't they need to get sheared from time to time? Basically have all or some of there wealth stripped away. That gives them a fresh perspective on life and a reason to start to work hard again? Otherwise maybe everyone would get fat and lazy once they got some measure of success?

People are raised on a steady diet of hollywood, keeping up with jones's and our education system which all brainwashes them to consume and accumulate. No different than the sheep. So once they have wood it seems the system steps in and figures out a way to shear them. Like an audit or whatever. shouldn't the sheeple get sheared or not? Seems like everyone gets sheared at some point. Perhaps like the sheep it's even good for them.
edit on 25-6-2012 by r2d246 because: t

edit on 25-6-2012 by r2d246 because: d

i often wonder after reading posts after posts of similar language and thought patterns, that despite peoples desire to project the image that they are somehow aware of everyone else being "sheeple" and "asleep" that the reality is that said person just lives in an equally closed bubble.
that they have just exchanged one labeled bubble for another, and that all they really hear is their own voice projected off the side of that bubble in the form of websites like this one.

sure i figure there are people who are fine with nothing but hollywood, bling and the education system, but i've found that once you enter the real world and leave behind websites like this one that you have a harder time caring about this stuff and many people either don't care or have better things to do. sure i like these sites, but i always feel like a lot of people just stew in crazy ideas to the point that they soon lose the ability to connect to reality.
i get that impression from the usage of "sheeple" and other such terms, like anyone with a smaller tin-foil hat than them is inferior. that is how you tell who is in charge right? the one with the biggest hat? it works with the catholic church..

nothing bad happens when you don't shear a sheep, they naturally shed hair during the spring just like any other animal.
edit on 26-6-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by someguy0083

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

reply to post by r2d246

Probably not.

~Tenth

peace.

if you vote or believe that the government or obama will help you, you're a retard...i mean sheepie

same goes with atheism and religion. if you're an atheist and for one reason or another join up with a atheist organization that basically tells you what is right or wrong (think JREF or richard Dawkins forum) you are a sheep.

the only way to not be a sheep is to live in the country side in a secluded area.

so the only way to not be a sheep is to live alone as a survivalist in the middle of the woods, do you at least get a log cabin or must it be a cave?
i let rocks decide my morals by flipping them, i painted numbers on each side. depending on what numbers i get ,added together i might hack off a limb or cut your head off, then consume your still beating heart, or i might let you go, who knows with the rocks? it is a good moral system, i made charts for it!

i changed my name to sawney bean yesterday.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Poor sheeple. Look at me, spoken like a Shepard .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sheeple
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sheeple (a portmanteau of "sheep" and "people") is a term of disparagement in which people are likened to sheep, a herd animal. The term is used to describe those who voluntarily acquiesce to a suggestion without critical analysis or research. By doing so, they undermine their own individuality and may willingly give up their rights.

Sheeple is a great word!

If the word sheeple bugs you, it's only because you are one. Retarded is good to though.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
But I love people, that's why I worry about Sheeple. I hate all this crap they fall for. Like they fall for everything!

Case in point. I met a girl, she told me she was worried that she might have a brain tomber, and that she was tryign to get some tests done. I tried to explain the medical system to her. I tried to explain "trauma care only!" And that they just make money off those tests they give you and that many of those are very dangerous. So of course she didn't listen to me. She got an appointment to go an mri. She got in early and then after she came by to visit. She she half of her head and face flet frozen and was all swollen too! And I don't think they found anything either.

Another case in point, breif story. My friend got his son into a dr and one thing lead to another, a risky spin operation and the kid was a quardro palegict for life. My friend was so dumb. This killed my friends outgoing persoality believe you me.

I'm just talking about medical stuff here. But we got bombarded in all directions from these kinds of sheeple propaganda psy op brainwashing. The main stream media, education, TV, hollywood etc etc etc. All set up in a way to mess with the sheeple's lives. So it's not just a label. It's real, just might not seem so much so on the surface.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

so the only way to not be a sheep is to live alone as a survivalist in the middle of the woods, do you at least get a log cabin or must it be a cave? i let rocks decide my morals by flipping them, i painted numbers on each side. depending on what numbers i get ,added together i might hack off a limb or cut your head off, then consume your still beating heart, or i might let you go, who knows with the rocks? it is a good moral system, i made charts for it!

hmm.. you didn't happen to live in the colorado mountains did you?

You remind me of someone I have heard about.. hes still on the loose for now..

Guess it pays to have goat demon friends(or should I say handlers) in high places, if you don't want to pay for atrocious crimes against humanity.

edit on 8-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

join