It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter Before Bed, Dream Lucidly Like Never Before

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I am wondering if it does have something to do with food allergies, or, food sensitivities I should say. When I was going through a rough patch about fifteen years ago, I tried prozac for a few days. I say a few days because I am clearly allergic to this drug and had to quit (hives and such), but the sleep paralysis is what really killed me. The nightmares associated with it were insane, and I ended up thinking I was seeing myself in my sleep while floating on the ceiling, and watching someone come in through my bedroom window many times throughout those few evenings I took it. I had not had a sleep paralysis episode in five years before that time period.

Now, really the only time have these types of dreams if I go back to sleep after waking up in the morning at around eight am. I hate these because I often feel lightheaded beyond belief, and feel like I was not getting enough oxygen.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My mom also said eating nutts befor bed does cause dreaming.

This is known to some.

I dont know about 5 tea spoons of peanut butter,,but a couple of peices of toast with peanut butter for starters?

Dreams are sure crazy?

Theres always a few who say they never dream I hear about?(Impossible)

Many experiments on sleep,dreams are kinda on the edge/end,,
Some say if you dont dream you can go insane?

And also,we may be dreaming now ,even though we are awake.
Sometimes thoughts pop up in our head of things long past.

Amazing,a lot of little things always reapeat themselves to us.

Ive had some dreams that have been the same,just spaced out over a few years...

Coool thread!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Okay, it is going to be peanuts for dinner tonight, right before bed!

My report will be forthcoming in the morning.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrRottenTreats

Yeah that much fat before bed is gonna pack on LBs quick.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I should know a little about Niacin, I have read hundreds of articles about it and spent about a hundred hours researching this vitamin and all it's forms and diseases and deficiencies associated with it.

Peanut butter can have some Psychotropic properties if too much is eaten. Most foods have psychotropic properties if overindulged.
edit on 25-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

Could you start a new thread about Niacin? I am very interested in what you have learned and I am sure there are a lot of others who would like to hear what you know about it. Also it would be good to have in the archives for later.

I and others use this website to find answers to ailments. A great majority of people are trying to get off the pill mill and treat illness naturally. Doctors have given up researching actual cures through vitamin deficiency or diet. Those that stray are mocked and ridiculed by the ones paying homage to mother drug corp. Their fat pockets make their mouths spew ridicule.

So please help your fellow ATS'ers and write a concise thread detailing all the things you have learned.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Pineapple before bed also intensifies dreams, and (for me anyway), it seems to help with recalling them afterwards. I don't know the chemistry behind it, but it does seem to work for most people.

I'll have to give the peanuts a try now too- thanks for the tip and the info.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Tried it. Slept like a baby. I call BS lol

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I eat a ton of peanut butter in general. It is a low carb snack (4g/2tbsp) that sates your appetite. I usually just buy the Justins single dose sizes of that and almond butter.

I also eat low carb ice cream or home made gelato with melted peanut butter poured on top for dessert most nights.

i eat a LOT of peanut butter. But i rarely remember my dreams. When i do, they trouble me. Regardless, i awake with clarity of thought regardless, especially over the past 2 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Tried it!

I don't recall dreaming often, ate 3 teaspoons PB before bed (bottle nearly done). While it wasn't the most vivid dream i've had, I know my ex was there... damn. Buying refills today and upping the dose. Thanks for an unexpectedly cool thread!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
i wake up in the middle of the night alot and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

i go right back to sleep but i never have had lucid dreamin

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
Pineapple before bed also intensifies dreams, and (for me anyway), it seems to help with recalling them afterwards. I don't know the chemistry behind it, but it does seem to work for most people.

I'll have to give the peanuts a try now too- thanks for the tip and the info.
I'll have to try this one, cos I'm allergic to peanuts. Would probably be a bad ideea having a load of them and then going to sleep

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Reporting my results.

I remembered my dreams more than I usually do. They were slightly more vivid.

My verdict is that the peanuts had an effect, if not a major one.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Just a little more about lucid dreams...

Being a typical male, whenever I have experienced a lucid (controllable dream) I do two things.
First is I take off and fly, superman style. And it always happens this way--I have to get a running
jump before I can fly, and then somewhere during the flight the energy seems to drain out and I
return to the ground. It is almost as if the "power" of the "jump" dictates how far I can fly
or glide....weird.

The other thing (this is where I hope the typical male thing applies) is I attempt to have sex
with Catherine Zeta Jones. I usually dream her up in a pink thong bikini with high heels.

Okay, I'm a perv...but anyway...problem is, I can see her just fine until I get close enough to
touch her and then all of a sudden all the details on her face start fading away....it's like I can't
focus or something...very frustrating...happens every damn time...Oh well...

edit on 25-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

Ahhhhhhh . . . . PREMATURE DE-FOCUSATION . . . the bane of my existence . . .

Seriously, though . . . I get the flying dream all the time, with the running start and jump . . . No Catherine Zeta Jones for me, although I'm gonna try her picture on the aforementioned 5x3 bookmarker staring idea.

edit on 26-6-2012 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MollyMN
My mom also said eating nutts befor bed does cause dreaming.

Ive been trying to explain that to my wife!!!
(Sorry I had to)

Seriously though, I have tried last night and it worked (a little but still).

i rarely remember my dreams and after reading this thread, I decided to have a couple of PB toasts about 10 minutes before bed. I remembered a couple of dreams even though they weren't toooo lucid, I still remember them, I have to go write them down now.

Thanks OP Great thread S+F to you

Teye22

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i got tired of peanut butter, probably because i chug down a jar in 2 days. Been wanting to try cashew butter or hazelnut butter, or back to almond butter.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Can I just ask those who claim to lucid dream, how to take advantage of it? I often have lucid dreams but they are lucid to the point that I 'think' I am dreaming but am also aware that it could be real life. Therefore I am yet to do anything outrageous incase I kill myself or get caught
I am almost thinking the totem in Inception could work but it seems ridiculous and I don't think I would remember it in the dreams.

Also when I lucid dream, I think to myself ' what if I am sleep walking?' I don't want to jump from that window in my dream only to splat on the pavement outside my front door in real life. I do think Lucid dreaming could be dangerous and should come with a health warning!

I'm reluctant to try the peanut butter test for health reasons.
edit on 26-6-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I have been told that Vitamin B-6 is good for encouraging (or remembering) dreams.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, I am back.

I tried 5 handfuls of peanuts just like I said I would.

What happened? Not a thing. I did dream, but it was a dream like any other and certainly no where near "inception level".

All I got was a bit if indigestion, truth be told

I will try one more time, tonight. Just because....Well, I like peanuts

Vote Truth_2012 for ATS Regent

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Last night I probably ate half of the amount of peanut butter and half the amount of peanuts you mentioned. This morning I awoke and I can't remember a single dream. Most nights I have very vivid dreams, only once a lucid, so maybe I'll try again tonight.
edit on 26-6-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Never tried peanut butter before, but Melatonin works for me. Cheese most definitely gives me weird dreams, and I also remembered this NPR article/broadcast about a British study on different cheeses and the types of dreams they may cause.

www.npr.org...

September 16, 2005
According to a new study by the British Cheese Board, different cheeses can give you different types of dreams. None of the study volunteers reported nightmares from their bedtime snack. NPR's Melissa Block talks about the results of the study with Nigel White, secretary of the British Cheese Board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join