Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Peanut Butter Before Bed, Dream Lucidly Like Never Before

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I know this sounds "nutty" ::rimshot::, but I noticed something due to correlation a few weeks ago. Peanuts before bed causes major lucid dreaming. I have asked a few of my friends to try this, and 2/3 said they had very vivid dreams the night they tried it, and the other guy claims to never remember any dreams EVER. So if you have the capacity to dream, or might, give this a shot and report back.

Instructions:
Down 4-5 tablespoons of peanut butter (yuck) or 5 handfuls of peanuts (yum) right before bed.

I've done some amateur research and factors in this might include:
- niacin in legumes
- choline in legumes
- time it takes for digestion to release responsible components is rapid/correlates well to sleep cycles
- other unknown components (THIS, since I drink niacin most every day in Red Bull, and don't have these results)

For those willing to try this, please post your results.

The first few times I did this, I wasn't expecting it (I've just taken a liking to peanuts and snack before bed, heh), and had some amazingly vivid dreams. The last time I intentionally ate peanuts right before bed going off of this theory, I knew very early into my dream that I was lucid, and I was flying around my neighborhood (just a dream?). Anyways. Don't take my word for it -- I want you guys to substantiate this claim.
edit on 6/24/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
p.s. - I do NOT work for JIF NOR SKIPPY NOR PLANTERS

2nd
edit on 6/24/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Well, I will tell you what. Tomorrow I am going up to the store. I'll buy some peanuts and/or peanut butter and I will try it and see what happens.

Since it can be either peanuts or peanut butter, I suppose it does not matter if the peanut butter is chunky or smooth? What about peanuts? Salted? Unsalted? Or does it matter.

But anyway, while, I admit....This one sounds a bit...Out there...I will give it a try...Mainly because I love peanuts.

Vote Truth_2012
edit on 25-6-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I'm trying to recreate yet again tonight with salted peanuts and I must admit the salt is hard to handle. They are bathed in it. I had unsalted before my friends who used peanut butter didn't go into specifics... I don't think it matters, as long as it's peanuts. :-)
edit on 6/25/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
this is also a great way to pack on the pounds ... like we need to get fatter.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRottenTreats

Dangit, good point. I'd better not make it a habit. Nothing worse than a fat peanut butter dream junkie.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Okay, fair enough. I will have to try it tomorrow night, since, like I said, I will have to buy some at the store tomorrow...But, I figure it is worth a shot. At best, I have a lucid dream, at worst I have a nice thing of Peanuts to snack on.

So yeah, why not?

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrRottenTreats
this is also a great way to pack on the pounds ... like we need to get fatter.

Aww what's wrong with a few rotten treats before beddybobo's?

I distrust the OP because they think Peanutbutter is yuck. Clearly this is a ploy to get people with peanut allergy to die off en masse and tomorrow the world will be a thinner place.

I wonder if you can use nutella instead, it's hazelnut, but you can put a tablespoon into a boiling hot mug of milk and make a hazelnut chock-fatty layered oozing with grease delicious drink!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
In a similar manner, I have taken Melatonin pills to help me sleep, in the past, and when I take them for more than a couple days in a row, I tend to have really random dreams...Not lucid dreams...Just really vivid, detailed, yet random dreams.

Several friends of mine have reported the same thing in taking them. I have also taken Dramamine to help get me sleepy and that tended to have the same effect on me, as far as dreaming goes, as the Melatonin.

Not perfectly on topic, as far as peanuts go...Just my experience with different products, that have effected my dreaming, for what it is worth.

Vote Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I agree about the melatonin, I have heard that from others in the past. Thing is... I am not talking about a bit lucid. I am talking about INCEPTION-level stuff, haha. You'll see. :-)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm gonna eat as much of the peanut butter as I can take
I'll let u know the results tomorrow...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
there is a easier way - I use it when I want to - basically, you read until you feel sleepy and are about to turn off the light. the last thing you do is read your bookmarker - I will be able to control tonights dream - and it works like magic - and its that simple. my book marker is a 3X5 index card which to mark my spot.
I have noticed that I start dreaming about what I was reading alot and some times cant control everything in my dream and I rarely accomplish what I set out to do in my dreams but I do recall them with clearity.
edit on 25-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
A spoonful of peanut butter will get rid of hiccups, tried and true.
No lucid dreams occur. I love peanut butter and honey, and I have it almost every night, and still no lucid dreams. But, to add...I have had lucid dreams...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

I agree about the melatonin, I have heard that from others in the past. Thing is... I am not talking about a bit lucid. I am talking about INCEPTION-level stuff, haha. You'll see. :-)

Well, I sure hope so. We will see for sure!

Truth_2012

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by du Pelican Blanc
A spoonful of peanut butter will get rid of hiccups, tried and true.
No lucid dreams occur. I love peanut butter and honey, and I have it almost every night, and still no lucid dreams. But, to add...I have had lucid dreams...

In the quantity prescribed? Maybe you have developed a high tolerance to the hard stuff. :-P

2nd

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Antihistamines can give you crazy dreams. SO can a lot of antidepressants, and when I talk about crazy dreams, I mean first person shooter with levels and puzzles and goals and beasts with alien beaks and metal feathers and worms that want you to squish them between your toes, and all the makings of what it must be like just before they lock you up in an asylum.

Melatonin never did anything for me sadly. In fact I think it's not actually available down here, I asked at a chemist once and the guy told me that as it's an animal product it's not allowed - but I was getting it from a health food store. So I'm not even sure it was natural, might have been some old rubbish they formulated in a lab, but either way it had no effect on my sleep.

The only thing that does help me sleep, is throw away the key and remove posts from forums stuff..

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'll give it a try tonight and report in for the results.
I'll just make me a big PB&J.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Are you sure it isn't just you fooling yourself into dreaming?

It could just be a placebo, in that you are focused more on the expected effect of dreaming while eating peanut butter to the point that you dream, but not because of it. You may just expect to dream, and dream as a result of that rather than any real effect of eating peanut butter.

After you make the initial perceived connection to what could be coincidence, it is embedded as a real connection that could be triggered by you eating peanut butter. When you told your friends the implied correlation, they too created that expectation.

Not that there is a problem with this. If its your psychological thing to dream vividly then by all means down that peanut butter as fast as you can.

link   
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time, Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Wait

I would try this but I wouldn't stop at 5 spoons. I have eaten jars at a time
not sure why, just love peanuts and peanut butter.

I might try this tonight myself but force myself to stop at 5

link   
reply to post by du Pelican Blanc

It's gotta be the Peter pan peanut butter

Jk I remember they had a recall on this cause they found salmonella in it a few years back

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join