It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an EMP strike in the USA going more likely in each passing day due to events on Middle East /Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is an EMP strike in the USA going more likely in each passing day due to events on Middle East /Asia?

I mean in every day news I see that concerns possible signs of World War 3 I start to wonder how long will it takes before a rogue nation like North Korea or Iran would try to knock the USA down with an EMP strike? I mean after the fall of the Syrian regime I'm sure Iran/North Korea would try to take down the USA through an EMP strike as a last resort option to prevent suffering a similar fate.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why would they bother?

The US of A is just a little fish in a big pond now.

Military might is worth nothing if you don't have a stable economy......Just ask the North Koreans.

In any case, an EMP would be a pretty elaborate attack.

I'm sure that the Syrians/Iranians/North Koreans would love for the world to think that they have the technological prowess to develop advanced weapons, but back here in reality, I doubt that they could build a ICBM to save themselves.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I see these threads quite off on ATS and it leads me to ask this question.

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW AN EMP WORKS OR IS MANUFACTURED?

It seams not, the amount of energy required to knock out a huge country like America would be that of a nuclear power plant or 2.

Another thing about EMP it just jolts the system not knocks it out, unless it is an extremely big one where you would need a vast payload system as well as delivery. in other words it would defiantly NOT be stealthy and would most porbaly have to be stationary and a very large building at that

there are EMP protected system that operate in there own magnetic field so another one being fired miles of hundred of miles away would have to over power it which to me == very unlikely
edit on 24-6-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To destroy the USA all that needs to be done is to shut off its hydro. People will be hungry, broke, fuel-less no cell phones, babies hungry, people angry, stealing, looting, killing. This will be just the first week.

How ignorant most of you are that your lives are all dependent on a switch. On/Off. Bye bye.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Unlikely.

In the wake of 911, the United States of America has successfully infiltrated every government entity on the planet. Even those of our enemies. Any such attack or plan of attack has been and will be immediately thwarted by embedded US secret operatives within global governments. We have vowed to never be caught off guard again and we are keeping to that. We have more spies than you can imagine and wars are being fought behind the scenes that have lasted so long they make Iraq and Afghanistan look like a weekend vacation.

So, don't worry about such things.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Unlikely.

In the wake of 911, the United States of America has successfully infiltrated every government entity on the planet. Even those of our enemies. Any such attack or plan of attack has been and will be immediately thwarted by embedded US secret operatives within global governments. We have vowed to never be caught off guard again and we are keeping to that. We have more spies than you can imagine and wars are being fought behind the scenes that have lasted so long they make Iraq and Afghanistan look like a weekend vacation.

So, don't worry about such things.

Em weapons can be made with radio shack and industrial parts. Nothing super hightech about it. Can be built and transported with no suspicion.

Just sayin.
edit on 24-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Any such attack on America would come from within and would have minimum impact if any.

I think it's safe to say those bases have also been covered.
edit on 24-6-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

People will be hungry, broke, fuel-less no cell phones, babies hungry, people angry, stealing, looting, killing. This will be just the first week.

Accurate forecast.

The government is not taking over our lives simply for power, they want us to forget how to be independent so they can pull the rug out from under us and murder us all.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
To destroy the USA all that needs to be done is to shut off its hydro. People will be hungry, broke, fuel-less no cell phones, babies hungry, people angry, stealing, looting, killing. This will be just the first week.

How ignorant most of you are that your lives are all dependent on a switch. On/Off. Bye bye.

Come up to Michigan. I will show you how little my life depends on a switch.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Here you go OP...

If you are not already familiar with the unforeseen consequence of the 1962 Starfish Prime high-altitude nuclear test, you should enjoy this...

On 9 July 1962, at 09:00:09 Coordinated Universal Time, (which was 8 July, Honolulu time, at nine seconds after 11 p.m.), the Starfish Prime test was successfully detonated at an altitude of 400 kilometres (250 mi).

The coordinates of the detonation were 16 degrees, 28 minutes North latitude, 169 degrees, 38 minutes West longitude. The actual weapon yield was very close to the design yield, which has been described by various sources at different values in the range of 1.4 to 1.45 megatons (6.0 PJ).

The Thor missile carrying the Starfish Prime warhead reached a maximum height of about 1100 km (just over 680 miles), and the warhead was detonated on its downward trajectory when it had fallen to the programmed altitude of 400 kilometres (250 mi). The nuclear warhead detonated at 13 minutes and 41 seconds after liftoff of the Thor missile from Johnston Island.[5]

Starfish Prime caused an electromagnetic pulse which was far larger than expected, so much larger that it drove much of the instrumentation off scale, causing great difficulty in getting accurate measurements.

The Starfish Prime electromagnetic pulse also made those effects known to the public by causing electrical damage in Hawaii, about 1,445 kilometres (898 mi) away from the detonation point, knocking out about 300 streetlights, setting off numerous burglar alarms and damaging a telephone company microwave link.

The EMP-damaged microwave link shut down telephone calls from Kauai to the other Hawaiian islands.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Then how come some people are saying it's not gonna happen? I mean North Korea or even Pakistan could do this Or it could be a false flag operation
edit on 24-6-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'd say yes, but I'm more worried about Russia because of US aiding Syria.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Then how come some people are saying it's not gonna happen? I mean North Korea or even Pakistan could do this Or it could be a false flag operation
edit on 24-6-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

Here is a short how stuff works article that explains the bulk of the hypothetical problems...

How E-Bombs Work

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Not the same thing...the US still has gas and oil reserves not to mention military hardware around the world. In a WWIII "no holds barred" scenario the US's war machine could still operate long enough to TAKE the necessary materials to KEEP it going. Anyone who says the US couldnt do anything because of the economy is taking a short cut to thinking. In limited conflicts, yes, that is a valid point, but not in the "All out". There were plenty of broke countries in WWII who managed to do fine as well if we look at history.

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Why would they bother?

Military might is worth nothing if you don't have a stable economy......Just ask the North Koreans.

I'm sure that the Syrians/Iranians/North Koreans would love for the world to think that they have the technological prowess to develop advanced weapons, but back here in reality, I doubt that they could build a ICBM to save themselves.

edit on 24-6-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Why would they bother?

Not sure what you meant by "Elaborate Attack". Its quite easy to make something like that, the "elaborate" part would be the "execution" of the plan.. a plan I'm sure wouldn't be too hard for Nkoria or Russia. I'll bet that crazy bastard south of us "Hugo Chaves" could pull this off if he wanted..

Almost at that "11th hour" (0.o)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SickeningTruths

a plan I'm sure wouldn't be too hard for Nkoria or Russia.

Are we talking about the same N Korea that cannot even get a succesful rocket launch or a nuclear test?

I think that they are lightyears away from damaging us like that.

But what do I know

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I don't know where you get YOUR info from, but I have a friend on an aircraft carrier RIGHT NOW off the coast of NKoria and I can promise you there getting successful rocket launches.

Thanks for your opinion tho

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

High altitude nuclear detonations could in theory knock out the large chunks of the countries power grids and we would lose satellite communication for a period of time, however, I do not know what kind of back procedures we have in place to restore these systems. I would imagine black outs could last anywhere from hours to months.

top topics

join