It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker, first time thread starter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hello ATS!!!! I've been reading this site for a long time, dont rmember how i stumbled upon it, but I would like to say I love the discussions that go on here. Yes even when the trolls come out of the shadows. First of all I browse this site exclusively from my phone. I don't even own a computer. That being said, what are the s&f for? I think I've given a few stars mostly cause i liked a post or thread. Hope I did it right. I've got three so far. Woo Hoo!!! Go me. Another thing. What are the points and how do i get them? Sorry for the noob questions. I'm sure the answers are somewhere but I looked and couldn't find anything on them. Thanks in advance from your newest right wing nut job. Bahahaha. Just kidding. I'm not a nut job. O.o

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theduke269

Hi, welcome ,i cant answer all your questions but stars are given when you like what someone wrote .I am sure others will be along to explain the rest. By the way we are all nuts here
only joking

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

The things I've read... I think were all a little nuts. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

To answer your questions, members give stars to individual posts, and flags are given to threads. You need 20 posts to make your own threads. Below your username to the left it lists P F S and then W and K. P stands for how many posts you have made. F stands for the number of flags you have received. S stands for stars. The W and K stand for the rating system on ATS, derived from a formula of posts, stars and flags, but those numbers are largely unimportant, save for the moderators and staff. (When you are bad, like a troll, a mod will review your account and they look at the W=wats and K=karma. These numbers help determine if you get the ban hammer or not, so please be kind and courteous.)

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS....

Des

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I always wondered what those numbers ment. P F and S I kinda knew but the W and K I had no idea. Thanks for clearing this up. I've seen guys/girls get out of hand with their trolling before. I mostly just read but I'm learning a lot here and forming my own ideas and doing research, all from my phone, and figured I might have something good to say everynow and then so I thought I should introduce myself.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Well, there is always a helpful member just a question away. Enjoy your stay.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Welcome theduke269

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

top topics

join