It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusionment of the Soul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Sorry for sounding so rude when I replied to you. I apologize.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

You are correct that there is no generally accepted definition for "consciousness".

But here is the rub: we are a carbon-based machine, albeit a quite advanced little machine. As Ray Kurzweil predicts the gap will be filled in about 30 years. You will have a conversation with an A.I. and you won't be able to tell the difference. There goes the Turing test ...

And maybe there are highly advanced non carbon-based beings out there who look at us as primitive A.I.?

The border between A.I. and us is much thinner than people realize. The stock market is run by A.I. every day of the week. Maybe that's why it's so messy right now

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by Mosthated718bx

No, I have not read that. Interesting title. Considering the nature of the OP, I suppose I should expect people to associate this entity with a God figure - although this was not my intention. I was more presenting the idea of a Higher Self that has set up this physical world as a means to experience creation through a limited perspective.

Really good read, O and it’s not really associated to a deity

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SynchronousSnake
reply to post by WanDash

Written for The moment

Thanks, then!
Love It!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You've inspired a fruitful discussion. Good work. Let the materialists - those concrete minded people who stand on solid provable science, realise that our minds cannot conceive beyond our organic animal functions, yet part of us see's more and is so powerful it commits itself to action beyond the natural world where our mind resides.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

To understand

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Beautifully written version of a concept that I have also believed and written about for quite some time now.

Another place where this idea is presented is in the book "conversations with god"

edit on 26-11-2012 by MouldyCrumpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
me dumb dumb tick tock man and should just shut it but i word addict. Everything man has "created" is stolen and that which is called machine is no different. A machine is simply an incomplete construction. So you have: not built, building, and built. Anyone remember exponentials? How long before you notice your "machine" has become sentient?

stealing heaven for hell
men selling themselves
bred for a memory
bled by a enemy

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join