Disillusionment of the Soul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Sounds like a rendition of Alan Watts' talk on being God. Starting @ 5.22
although I will point out your usage of sacrifice sounds contradicting. The decision is more out of disappointment, where being omni-etc, is actualy not what it is cracked up to be - which contradicts the omnipotence of changing how you feel. A problem in language arises when we try to attribute an ability as voiding itself out. The ability's presence is its absense. If I say " I do not know", I have made an assertion on the absense of my ability, which is the ability to know what is not understood.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I see a basic problem of Logic that conflicts with your post. You stated that this person or entity had ever possible answer of knowledge....thus the concept of it being intrigued. This makes no logical sense and goes against the concepts of power and understanding of everything you lined out.

Sorry but absolute knowledge and power would mean no surprises. This means the entity would have foreknowledge of what it could create. This is a very LARGE HOLE in your post. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Perhaps "intrigued" was not the correct word to use. What I was meaning to express is that the entity that creates is initially fascinated by the act of creating; not merely the end result of having a creation. Think of it as having the ability to fly unaided by any instrument/machinery. You could have the sight of every view imaginable planted inside your brain, but no feeling would compare to the initial ascension into the air.

edit on 25/6/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I appreciate finally to be able to debate with a person on this board without the person getting defensive or rude if I happen to point something out. It has been far too long and I am glad for this so Thank You.

In the same way a Super Computer is able without ever flying itself...have the programmed knowledge to calculate how and with what effort or ease a design will exhibit flight specifics....Multiply that times infinity and you have what you describe.

I have often thought of what your topic describes and to have the power and knowledge to create the physical laws alone of just this one Universe never mind the Infinite Versions of Divergent Realities as well as Universal Conditions that have no connection to our own....something as simple as understanding what it is to be Human...would seem...easy. Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Written for The moment

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I see where you are coming from. I am actually surprised you suggested it was a somewhat Christian perspective as I was expecting some members to liken it to "New Age garbage" or something along those lines. But anyway, if you could take something out of reading the OP then I am happy.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I personally do not see the need to believe that the Universe or Multiverse must have it's existence attributed to an all powerful all knowing entity. Then again...there are no Atheists in a Foxhole.
Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I appreciate finally to be able to debate with a person on this board without the person getting defensive or rude if I happen to point something out. It has been far too long and I am glad for this so Thank You.

In the same way a Super Computer is able without ever flying itself...have the programmed knowledge to calculate how and with what effort or ease a design will exhibit flight specifics....Multiply that times infinity and you have what you describe.

I have often thought of what your topic describes and to have the power and knowledge to create the physical laws alone of just this one Universe never mind the Infinite Versions of Divergent Realities as well as Universal Conditions that have no connection to our own....something as simple as understanding what it is to be Human...would seem...easy. Split Infinity

No problem, I enjoy discussing these topics and am glad to have any errors pointed out to me as long as it's done in a constructive manner. I hope we can continue to debate this topic in a civil manner, and others can join in the discussion.

----

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I personally do not see the need to believe that the Universe or Multiverse must have it's existence attributed to an all powerful all knowing entity. Then again...there are no Atheists in a Foxhole.
Split Infinity

That is a fair enough viewpoint. I just find it difficult to consider that everything that has ever formed into existence did so without the will of a creator of sorts. Now, as an agnostic, I do not necessarily attribute this to an omni-X God that is separate from us. Rather that we as a collective whole might be the creators and we have decided to experience our collective creation through limited means sort of like a video game.
edit on 25/6/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Had the same theory, but well written!... Hopefully this aint the truth though... Would suck if all of us got cramped into 1 being at some time!... xD

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Amazingly written piece of information.

Thank you - for being you!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Good read, just curious have you read GODS DEBRI? Your story sounds very similar? It was written by Scott Adams.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's pretty sad that mankind/Godkind/creator is so bored with living that (they) would constantly create pandemonium and heartbreak all the while claiming "all for one and one for all" or some other utopian or humanitarian bullcrap. What a dilemma to have to constantly tear down and destroy all for that fleeting fleeing feeling of experiencing the “feeling” of aliveness and newness. Truly a sad existence for a God or a man.
edit on 25-6-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
This little theory has been around for a very long time, but it has become a lot more prevalent in the last few years. I think you did a great job of putting it in a nutshell.

All I can say is, if I put myself here, I'm going to have a very long talk with myself when it's over. Because I'm NOT particularly happy with my little experiment. And in the next incarnation, I want a reset button.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It would be like me saying, I don't want to play checkers with my 4 year old granddaughter because I know I will win. But what you're missing in the equation is LOVE. And because I love her SOOOOO much, I will forego my boredom and 100% accurate prediction that I will once again win the silly game, just to have companionship and communication with her. Because her aliveness is never boring, never gets old, and is filled with love. The fact that the situation may change sometime in the future and she becomes a hardened drug addict willing to kill me for a dollar will not deter me from having or enjoying these moments with her nor cause me to instigate, initiate or wish death, destruction or harm on her. In fact, if anything, it would compel me to insure the bad NOT happen, whatever was in my power to make hers and those I love, including myself to have a more beautiful life. Assuming one is all powerful, It is just as easy to create death and destruction as it is to create goodness and positivness. One is just as much in control in a bad situation as a good one.

The challenge here would be to become better, stronger more creative and most of all more loving. It's easy to hate, be angry and mad. It takes much more energy from us to forgive and forget, help and aid others and ourselves. It also gives us much more in return. A feeling that could never get boring or mundane.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

To say YOU had it all is making a LARGE assumption for how can that be so IF there was a NEED to RETURN here. It seems if this was the case a CREATION having omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence and immortality abilities the REASON would be to support or provide services for SOMEONE(S) ELSE. I guess what I am getting at here is that maybe the BEING(s) you speak of OP is/are HERE to help some somehow. HOW???? REMAINS a question for the being (s) Could be the being(s) you speak of (IF THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE CONSIDERED IN THIS DIMENSION) observed something within the TIME RINGS. Something that MAY cause a ripple effect within the UNIVERSAL EXISTENCE of MANY* BEINGS NOT ONLY HUMAN--- and the being(s) have came to a conclusion, that SOMETHING(S) within the time rings is/are CAUSING TO MUCH OFFSET EFFECTS ON OTHER EXISTING AND POSSIBLY UP AND COMING NEW CREATIONS. And the LAST PLACE the FAILS (effects) was/were DETECTED was location HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS. Which MAY be why the KINDS* you speak of CAME to this ZONE. Maybe THE HUMANS OBSERVED/EXPERIENCED SOMETHING MOST RECENT WITHIN THE TIME RINGS which sent out a MASSIVE INTERNAL energy/SOUL/SPIRIT signal, SO THEY CAME TO THIS ZONE because whatever happened causing the fails ACTIVATION to CALL them was so EXTREME and out of balance it sent ripples throughout the ENTIRE UNIVERSE ( A UNIVERSE THEY* MAY BE IN MANAGEMENT OF NO MATTER IF THE MOST INTELLIGENT OBSERVING SPECIES EVEN KNOW OR CARE ) . SO IF THE SAME HAPPENED IN ANOTHER COLLECTIVE/species consciousness THEY THE KINDS* WOULD OF WENT INTO THEIR COLLECTIVE AND MANIFESTED INTO THEIR FLESH/OR BODIES TYPES WHICH CARRY THE CONSCIOUSNESS WHERE THE FAILS WERE DETECTED....................

Surprisingly if you had the opportunity to communicate with other UNIVERSAL species YOU MAY FIND EVIDENCE OF THEM* ENTERING WITHIN OTHER SPECIES COLLECTIVES IN PAST TIME RINGS. They just documented/LOGGED them as different KINDS even though they performed duties that within other NONHUMAN collectives SEEM equivalent to what humans CALL MESSIAHS/GOD(s) behavior. Some EVEN worship the KINDS* somewhat like humans do here when humans worship GOD(s) or a HIGHER POWER that many collectively PRAY to or MEDITATE with. [color=gold] WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? - WHY DO YOU THINK THERE ARE POSITIVE STS KINDS UNIVERSALLY DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THIS UNIVERSE (for just random reasons?????) I DON'T THINK SO [/COLOR]

THING IS some of THEM non human collective related KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE KINDS* COME AROUND and they even send out SCOUTS to seek them in order to prepare
PREPARE you say for what PREPARE for what they know the KINDS* can and WILL do once they make DIRECT CONTACT again contact based off of RIPPLES being caused upon other collectives. This would be a JUSTIFIABLE reason for a omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence and IMMORTAL LIGHT(s) to enter here MAYBE THEY CAME WITH CHAINS THIS TIME
instead of FLYING stones to better FIX the issues because it MAY OF been observed how some WILL DIG IN to RIDE IT OUT ONLY TO RE EMERGE TO START THE SAME IGNORANCE AGAIN.......

thats my 7 cents
snf OP for the read and deep thinking involved.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I watched 'The Nines' last night (with Ryan Reynolds) for the first time, and what you're saying aligns almost exactly with what that film was portraying. The film's pretty good, not amazing as I felt the concept could have been executed a lot better, but it got the message across and was reasonably enjoyable.

Thanks for outlining this concept, easy to understand and it enabled my daily experience of synchronization to occur

Peace ..v,

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mosthated718bx

No, I have not read that. Interesting title. Considering the nature of the OP, I suppose I should expect people to associate this entity with a God figure - although this was not my intention. I was more presenting the idea of a Higher Self that has set up this physical world as a means to experience creation through a limited perspective.

----

Originally posted by Gridrebel
It's pretty sad that mankind/Godkind/creator is so bored with living that (they) would constantly create pandemonium and heartbreak all the while claiming "all for one and one for all" or some other utopian or humanitarian bullcrap. What a dilemma to have to constantly tear down and destroy all for that fleeting fleeing feeling of experiencing the “feeling” of aliveness and newness. Truly a sad existence for a God or a man.

I would suggest you think of it more as if life is a movie/game; it has a script, characters, options, settings, plot twists etc. and other variables designed to fool you into thinking it's real. Can you imagine how boring and repetitive existence would be for an entity that has accumulated everything?

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The soul—in many traditional spiritual, philosophical, and psychological traditions—is the corporeal and immortal essence of a person, living thing, or object.
Taken from a dictionary source: ^ ^ ^
The last word in 'your' title.

In your story a 'Creator' has been implied. One of omnipotence. Able to create every scenario. One with knowledge of every manifestation to come out of this creation. Time has no property other than lineal and encompassing a time line in 'this' creation, ie. a beginning, a continuation, or a termination. The Creator is not hampered by time. This could be one of many creations.This creator, knowing the beginning, all activities in the interim, and the end, if that so became the Creators choice, would neither find disappointment nor satisfaction due to knowing both ends of the created time line. It could be viewed that the existence of the Creator would be one of futility if the expectation was anything substantive to fill the needs of a interactive creation, as it could be created and un-created at will with infinite variations. Even infinite variations could pose no claim to existence with an omnipotent creator who could undo any scenario at will.
It speaks to most (your topic) as a blueprint for a Creator....... and as such it would reflect a Deity to any of the creations (people) or (those creations with cognitive thought) enough to recognise their relationship to any entity who bore those qualities...... Jesus comes to mind.

I fear you can not separate the Deity from the event, that is after all the definition of the event for all practical purposes. Beyond that it becomes abstract, and with no boundaries, becomes pure fantasy or without any substance.

Because you can think it, does not give it substance, though it could also be argued that a Creator would have also had this thought process pass through all the possible scenarios of their creation capabilities. To comprehend Omnipotent in itself is unfathomable for the creations as their limitations become apparent. They are the creations, not the Creator, ergo, they by, nature have a lesser capability, or they could also be Creators.

The creation can never fully understand the Creator, otherwise equality would exist. That seems to be harnessed with the time line of finite human bodies life spans, though the Soul is thought of as infinite in lifespan once created, and it has been suggested, come with a pre-existance.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Congratulations, brilliant and touching!

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

yes, we create realities to find best ways not to get bored...

feeling sad and heartbreak is just one way of not being...

...bored

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join