It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey declares jet shoot-down a 'hostile' act.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Update :Turkey has now invoked Article 4

Not good news at all .. guess who will be happy by this
US and Israel must have really made big pression on them
edit on 6/24/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet
Considering current threats against Syria, and the overall tension in the area, it is perfectly reasonable that Syria would shoot down a military aircraft in its own territory. The fact that aircraft sometimes stray due to their high velocity is an argument that Turkey should be planning their flightpaths better, and not an argument that Syria should hesitate to defend itself.

This should be a non-issue, chalked up to bad planning by Turkey, and ahightened readiness state in Syria. Instead, it's being used to sell a war by fanatics. Russia and China will still counter if there is an invasion.

First of all, may the pilots of that downed plane hopefully had ejected and rescued safely. Every human ( not wild beast) life is precious and means something special to another.

If the Russian dictator Putin and China CCP gov thinks they can live up to irresponsibility to the human race by condoning the murder of precious innocent human lives freely, then they best think twice. There are such issues as human rights and rule of law.

If those HumanSlaying and supporter govts including Iran wishes to threaten to start WW3, should we mankind grovel and plead to them not to? Haven't we mankind lived in fear, under all kinds of threats, and enchained by it long enough?

I say go ahead. Sooner or later that confrontation will happen, for those barbaric nations will always use those threats to enslave all mankind. Better us now than the innocent next generation to confront them, once and for all. We had suffered long enough. Enough is Enough!

If those barbarian beasts wishes to cull our human race and sacrifice our blood to their unholy demons. then THEY will be the first to be trussed, tossed onto the altar table and have their hearts torn out from their bodies first, not just by the Free world, but by their own suffering citizens as well.

Mankind can live with humans with all kinds of differences and attempt to find commonalities, but will have no truck with wild beasts which are only hell bent on merciless destruction of humankind. If these beasts bother us not, we bother them not. But hurt or harm one of us, they will pay in full.

I can understand many will fear WW3, espacially spouses of military humans and volunteers. Some of them joined the military for the pay and security and never would thought they might have to fight a war. I truly and sincerely wish that fighters be volunteers, and those whom fear, can stay home without discrimination while the rest of us will do the fighting for all, to keep mankind free and live with dignity.

We will meet the death of our precious lives bravely, but will only die with one regret. And that is - knowing the few of us volunteers will never be able to save all mankind from enslavement, and will not stop evil from triumphing, and may our deaths not be in vain when latter and more courageous humankind suffering under enslavement seek for moral historical support to throw off their chains.
edit on 24-6-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

As for the NATO Articles, they are here

NATO is separate from the UN, but reports to the UN Security Council.
There is no one country in charge, they generally confer and decide on an action, but any country can invoke Article IV to confer with the others, or for example on 9/11, the US invoked Article V.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
Looks like NATO going to get a reason to get into syria.

Istanbul (CNN) --

Turkish search-and-rescue teams found the wreckage of the fighter jet in the Mediterranean Sea on Sunday, about 1,300 meters (4,260 feet) underwater, he said. They have not reached the wreck yet, he added. There was no word about survivors of the two-man crew.

More CNN lies,they fail to admit that it was also 1.6 klms on the Syrian side.Turkey conceeded this error and both sides are searching for the missing pilots in a JOINT mission.Choke on it Hillary!
edit on 24-6-2012 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Here my take on it
There a third carrier ground on it way there or there already
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The QF-4 was probable a remote control recon. plane and made to go past the line
So that it would be shot down. (No pilot found so far) not needed
Best way to go from a # 4 to # 5 Articles

Also
US giving 400 tanks to Greece for free

Miles and Miles of Tanks in Santa Cruz (already in the area)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by christafinias

anyone have an actual full list of these nato / u.n ? Articles.
is the u.n exept from nato?
who is in charge of nato now?
enquiring minds,,,
and who is representing nato at this meeting?

Someone else already linked to the text of the NATO Treaty, but as an FYI, here's other important NATO documents, along with the treaty:

www.nato.int...-A

The U.N. is not a part of NATO, NATO is not a part of the U.N., though it's member states are all U.N. members also. NATO is the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, which throughout the Cold War consisted of the Western European powers, the U.S., Canada, Iceland as well as Turkey and Greece. After the fall of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact (whcih opposed NATO), NATO expanded into much of Eastern Europe, including Poland, Czech Republic, and others. Here's a list of current members of NATO:

www.nato.int...

In theory, no country is "in charge" of NATO, all parties to the treaty are equal once they have full member status, but by default, because of its military strength, the U.S. is essentially its leader. The Supreme NATO Commander in Europe has always been a U.S. General or Admiral.

I presume that all member nations of NATO will be part of the meeting called by Turkey invoking Article 4. This is as serious as this stuff gets. I believe the last time it was invoked was in 2003, also by Turkey, in the lead up to the Iraq War (they wanted to be sure they had defensive assistance should that war spill over into their territory), and before that it was invoked in the wake of 9/11.
edit on 6/25/2012 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

better hurry,,
2 hours ago Occurred On: Jun-26-2012

taking bets,,DAMASCUS,,ruinious heap,
or total uninhabitable for a thousand years?

50/50
70/30
or 90/10
,,anyone.?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I find it funny, entertaining, saddening and pathetic all at the same time.

Some people have this "frame" they put around any news story. Some people lack the intelligence to pick apart each story for it's TRUE motivation, facts and results.

They take this frame, they automatically put this frame around any country that the US or it's allies are beefing with..... This frame is a shield. To these people, you can't penetrate their shield with logic and facts. This particular shield is able to twist facts and make unrealistic leaps in logic to protect said "enemy of US"

I brought my 13 yr old over to let him read the most interesting comment.. I wish I was twisting words.... But sadly this mans words are his own.

"1. was month ago, so it is hardly a reason now

2. was because Turkey shelters the FSA terrorists on their territory.

So if anybody has a reason to attack it is Syria!

Even my son was able to recognize the one sided slant to this immaturity.
He asked "Why does he hate Turkey" - I explained the phenomenon here that makes anyone fighting the US or it's allies, righteous and just.

To the above quoted poster:

Is the statue of limitations 1 month in international border shelling cases? Since it has been a month, they have lost the ability to be upset over it? Your kidding right? Did it make sense when you typed it ?

was month ago, so it is hardly a reason now

I could not make the above quoted sentence sound more ignorant if i tried.

Do you have proof that FSA is "sheltered" by the Turkish Govt.? Or, are you just using the above mentioned ridiculousness to rally behind any enemy of the US?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Two interesting articles about the situation.

theaviationist.com...
theaviationist.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join