It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanting to get peoples opinion on a cop/law situation that happened to me today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ok i will try to make this as short as possible. I went to a wholesale food store, and the parking lot was full. So I took the first spot open in the middle of the parking lot. I had two dogs with me. Parked and then went to get wheel chair for passenger, they were just out of hospital and we were there get prescription. Getting wheel chair it started to pour down cats and dogs, was pretty intense rain, stuff u would try to run through or wait out. Cus of this i rolled up windows in the car that had the two dogs. Went in store for about 30 minutes, prescription took a while. Come out and it is sunny as can b like it never even rained. Get to car and its keyed up, they left note saying coulda killed dogs. As they finished there keying, we got there, and they got in the car and left. Didnt see them keying the car 100% but they were basically seen leaving right when they finished. We got license plate num6ber called police. Police come out take pics of keyed up car, say they will talk to person and see if they admit to keying the car. Police call back say that the person admitted keying car, now its in prosecuters hands. Also said I might be put up for charges for animal cruelty for having dogs in car with sun out. Today was high of 68. Anyways that where i am at... looking to get peoples thoughts on situation. Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Civil court is easier to win for you than criminal...so if they admitted it then it should be a slam dunk in criminal...so use that when you sue them in civil. Teach the jerks a lesson. They should have been out campainging for Obama anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Good grief, that's just ridiculous, and I feel for you.

I think you have nothing to worry about with the charges. What are you supposed to do, bring the dogs into the store?

You're helping someone get prescriptions, and it took a little longer than expected, not too mention it was raining, so yes, you put up your windows.

Whoever keyed your car, needs to get a life, and not jump to conclusion so quickly.

You have a witness to the rain, and the reason why you went in, and why it may have taken a bit longer, as well as staff who can probably back you up on the rain.

Really sorry you had to go through all that crap, when all you are doing is helping someone out for a short time.

Hope it all goes well for you, and I personally think you don't have much to worry about, but the ones who keyed you, will hopefully learn a valuable lesson. I think you should sue them for damages as well.

Great advice from the above post !!!
edit on 23-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Crack the window next time and your car won't get keyed.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

Or crack open the person who keyed it and teach the self righteous poser a lesson.
edit on 23-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
Crack the window next time and your car won't get keyed.

...And we have a second suspect in the keying.

2nd
edit on 6/23/2012 by Anonymous404 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

that one made me laugh thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Why do you even drive around with dogs? Take them to judge Judy.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Wow, .. All I can say is that I am very sorry you have gone and done that to yourself.

Prepare to be charged and bring your wallet to court. A BIG Wallet. And maybe prepare for some jail time.

Sound HARSH as hell?

Let me explain.

Over the last month or so, there has been a HUGE rash of this kind of stuff in my area. An example similar to yours is, Man leaves dog in car, runs into the store for just a minute while inside the store, the perpetrator was letting the air out of the tires. Owner comes out of the store and sees it. Holds the perpetrator, calls the cops. The cops come see the flat tires, and tells the perpetrator " You should have handled it differently, Now, get the hell out of here ". Then they site the owner for cruelty to animals. Furthermore, they immediately issue a search warrant so they can go to the guy’s house and search it to see how well the animal is being treated. He is facing a HUGE Fine and jail time. Talk about viscous. There have been 6 of those types of incidents this last week.

The biggest problem is that this being perpetuated by people who have nothing better to do than scurry about and go out of their way to cause someone a bad day. There are some cases when it might be warranted, But for most cases it is not as bad as it might be made out to be.

Now I do understand about 90-degree temperatures and dogs being in the car with the windows rolled up. I have several dogs myself and never take them anywhere in the car when the temperature is above 85 degrees. In addition, the windows are always down, and they have access to plenty of water.

AND, the thing with the warrant, . . I had never even heard of until about a month ago. Now it seems common practice. Is that in the "Reasonable Cause" category?

In any event I wish you the best

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Sounds like you were attacked by liberals.

Let me explain, they will use tactics like animal rights to justify reasons for committing mindless criminal acts against you.

Take them to small claims and collect every dime you can.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
For your police action get a metro office report.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
People do this with older children, seen it many times, and thats not "right" but they get away with it.

The judge will look at this as a waste of time and I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Next time don't leave your dogs in the car in the summer...

Plead guilty for your stupidity and just walk away from it lesson learned and that's it.

Plain and simple

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Leave the damn dogs at home....

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Leave the damn dogs at home....

That seems reasonable enough, but what if he was planning on taking them to the persons home, he was picking up, because he planned on staying for awhile.

Because he happened to run into a downpour, and the prescription took awhile longer than expected, he deserves to get his car keyed, and be branded an animal abuser ?

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Drop off the prescription and come back later.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

My mom used to leave us sleeping in our cribs while she popped out to the grocery store for an half hour and left us in the car for a few minutes while she ran in to get something.

It didn't affect us in the slightest.

People are too hysterical about these things.

This was in the 60's when people had more common sense.
edit on 6/24/2012 by aaaiii because: (no reason given)

top topics

join