It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida hopes to fill its skies with unmanned aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com...

From large to small, the number of such unmanned aircraft systems — popularly called "drones" — is expected to surge as the federal government works to open civilian airspace to them by 2015. Florida officials hope to position the state as a hub for this fast-growing industry by becoming a test site.

sadly the people of america can be, and will be tricked into accepting and demanding drones overhead all over the country.they will want them to protect us from terrorist, drug dealers, illegal immigrants, ect .

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
www.usatoday.com...

From large to small, the number of such unmanned aircraft systems — popularly called "drones" — is expected to surge as the federal government works to open civilian airspace to them by 2015. Florida officials hope to position the state as a hub for this fast-growing industry by becoming a test site.

sadly the people of america can be, and will be tricked into accepting and demanding drones overhead all over the country.they will want them to protect us from terrorist, drug dealers, illegal immigrants, ect .

In other news, Florida rednecks get valuable target practice.
Our government has gone mad.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

i don't think you can really shoot these down easily. they are designed to use in a war zone.

plus it probably wouldn't be wise to open fire on something that is watching you . before you knew it the feds would be knocking at your door.

hacking it would be the way to go ill guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
omg just found the duplicate thread, i should improve my search abilities.

delete my thread please

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Well I for one am not the least bit surprised by this. I recently moved from central Florida to North Dakota and everyday that I wake up I am grateful that I did. Florida is one of the most totalitarian police states in the union. Florida has a history over the last several decades of oppressing individual rights all in the name of "public safety".

The whole idea of unmanned surveillance aircraft flying around in the skies of the US and spying on citizens is outrageous, and anyone who thinks that these drones won't be used for spying is off of their rocker and needs to lay off the Kool-Aid. I know the kind of spy capabilities that these drones can be equipped with as they were key pieces of Intel gathering while I was in the service.

Even more scary than the idea of these drones being used is the fact that the American public is so complacent and brainwashed that we are not protesting this by the millions. We are not being enslaved by our government, instead we are making the chains and willingly putting them on then handing the bastards in DC the keys to our own chains.

I am truly saddened when I see the direction our nation is heading. We are moving further away from liberty and closer to subjection by the minute and we are doing so at the speed of light. Sadly the nation I grew up in will be a distant memory by the time my children are my age unless "We The People" invoke our constitutional rights and restore our government to the principles of individual liberty and working for, not against the rights of the people.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around the rights of others. I do not add 'within the limit of the law' because law is often the tyrants will and is always so when it violates the rights of the individual"~Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

What happened to the government not having any money?
Operating drone fleets will be very expensive.
Seems like they have money when they want to... Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ohhh ya sounds like a good idea until someone hacks one (its already happened) and thinks "hey look Disney!" What a garish icon of all the "terrorist" hate. Florida is the armpit of the south all the pretty beaches and fresh squeezed orange juice cant keep me here much longer. I swear I'll chew off my own leg to get free of the soul sucking place.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Since Obama has been tooting the "drone-strike" horn for a little while I expect them to put some sort of spin on it to make it more palatable for the general public. Though the general public is pretty dumb, so they may not.

Test drive it in FL under the guise of ecosystem management or drug trafficking so when it goes nation wide they can point to FL and say how amazing it worked. Seems like a logical progression.
Throw in "job-creation" so any opposition can be painted as job-killers.
Drones... coming to a town near you!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna

www.usatoday.com...

What happened to the government not having any money?
Operating drone fleets will be very expensive.
Seems like they have money when they want to... Just sayin.

all our government needs to get money is some fancy ink and paper.
well probably not even that, they could just whip some digital money up.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

i don't think you can really shoot these down easily. they are designed to use in a war zone.

plus it probably wouldn't be wise to open fire on something that is watching you . before you knew it the feds would be knocking at your door.

It would depend on which drones are being used. If its the Predator models there are 2 basic models, the MALE or Medium Altitude Long Endurance, and the HALE or High Altitude Long Endurance. Both of these models cruise at altitudes much to high for anything to reach, as far as firearms. They cruise at approximately 15,000 and 25,000 feet respectively.

There are numerous other smaller drones that are currently being used by US Forces in Afghanistan and Iraq that fly lower, some down to 2,000 feet but I wouldn't think they would be deployed by civilian agencies due to flight time limitations and such. Even if they were, a 1 meter target flying at 2,000 feet cruising at 60-80 MPH is a near impossible shot, even for the most accomplished marksmen.

The Predators could easily be picked off by a properly trained marksmanduring take off or landing and at other opportune times when it is low alti"tude surveillance patterns, however I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

This is getting really close to Skynet like scenario only in this scenario its the oppressive machine of government that sees us as a threat.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Enter Anonymous...

new topics

top topics

join