It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is Cheap.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I started this rant after hearing about the new Chevy Cruze being recalled. Why is there no quality in the products we buy? I have a 2006 car and the rear bumper is loose, the side skirt is falling off, the rubber around the doors is falling off, panels popping out, hell, i'm happy if the piece of junk starts up. i mean c'mon. It only has 80k miles on it.

I bought a new labtop last summer and the CD drive is broken on it. One of the fans or something blew up inside of it and I had black soot all over my desk,walls and ceiling. It hardly ever left my desk.

I don't know about you but from my experience it seems the quality of products being made has greatly fallen. I should just trade in the car for a 70's era one now there is a quality product. Those old cars are tough as nails and you don't need to take it to the dealership to get the tranny fluid changed.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSandman

First of all, the Chevy is made by the current administration and their union buddies, so I would expect no less than the shoddiest product money can buy. By a Ford next time if you want to stay with an "American" automaker.

Second, they are fulfilling their customer needs. People don't WANT good stuff any more. They want something for as little money as possible. Why do you think WalMart is so successful?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Maybe that means you just buy crappy products?

I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for", and that quality (GENERALLY) is not cheap. Yes, most manufacturers will rush, use cheap materials and methods, and so on - but usually they have their higher-end products, and other manufacturers tends to use more quality altogether.

On a side note - until things change significantly, I'll likely never buy another "american' vehicle. I know some are better than others, but it seems like those with the largest market share are all too often too far on the end you mention here.

As well - quality of ownership definitely figures in - my '04 Stratus is still in pretty good condition. In all honesty, how kind were you to this vehicle, and how well was it maintained overall?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterWiggin

Maybe that means you just buy crappy products?

I'm a firm believer in "You get what you pay for", and that quality (GENERALLY) is not cheap. Yes, most manufacturers will rush, use cheap materials and methods, and so on - but usually they have their higher-end products, and other manufacturers tends to use more quality altogether.

On a side note - until things change significantly, I'll likely never buy another "american' vehicle. I know some are better than others, but it seems like those with the largest market share are all too often too far on the end you mention here.

As well - quality of ownership definitely figures in - my '04 Stratus is still in pretty good condition. In all honesty, how kind were you to this vehicle, and how well was it maintained overall?

Well, the car is american made, a Dodge and it wasn't cheap by any means. about 35k and the computer wasn't cheap either, about $1500. The car hasn't been ditch diving if that's what you mean

i'd say it's been maintained pretty well. Maybe it's just the roads around here are crap and that is causing some of the issues. I understand the whole get what you pay for but i guess i was expecting more.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Quanity over Quality.

Everything is meant to break so you fork out more cash. I have a Mitsubishi, and there is something to be said about Japanese cars, they last, and hold value.
edit on 22-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
Quanity over Quality.

Everything is meant to break so you fork out more cash. I have a Mitsubishi, and there is something to be said about Japanese cars, they last, and hold value.
edit on 22-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

I've thought about that too. Just a way to raise profits. I've never owned a Mitsubishi before and that's good to know.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Also look at the Nissan's my parents own 2 Nissan's and I own a 12 year old Nissan Xterra that i used everyday and drove around construction sites and it's still in perfect condition.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
who buy's american car's?
unless its a shelby cobra, why?why would you do that?

the best america can do is buy european cars, then stick chrysler badges on them.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

I love the Xterra,

My friend had one, he ran that thing to death, awesome SUV to have, and its my next choice!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I had a knight rider but then he started driving sideways, so I had to get a grandma car.
See you later KITT. May you RIP...
edit on 22-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
arent 'pokemon' banned from talking' about cars?
when you have a clue wtf yout=r taaking about, pls join in, meanwhile....
edit on 22-6-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I drive a 2008 Volkswagon Jetta, Woflsburg Edition, and that thing is solid. American cars used to be great products but the unions forced the companies to have them assembled in mexico and other foreign countries and the quality went goodbye. Even the american plants are producing junk these days. I used to be a hard corps support american auto manufactures kind of person. I will now by nothing but a VW unless I get a truck, then I will have to go with a chevy as long as I can find one that was built in the states and not on a monday when the workers are slacking.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

I love the Xterra,

My friend had one, he ran that thing to death, awesome SUV to have, and its my next choice!

i have a new generation XTerra and I LOVE it. I am going to drive it as close to forever as I can.

new topics

top topics

join