It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : Iran Claim they are under Massive Cyber Attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why do people associate "hacking of a nuclear facility" with "internet"?

I mean... you really know what you're talking about? I dont think so...

Why does the facility has to have internet to be hacked?

Crazy people...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Let me just clear that up for you. The States and Israel and Britain are not "presumed" to be guilty.....they are guilty lol. There's a very big difference there.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If one country claims it is under attack from another country, surely the standard ATS assumption is "False flag"?
That's what everybody would be saying if it was the other way round.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Iran needs to hire some IT pros, experts and blackhats to keep the systems defended and image the computers regularly every day so no viruses can get to them...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Any one ever heard of the "Armageddon Virus"?
Well if not then do not feel bad as it only exists in Sci-Fi sorties. But From what I have been reading it is feared that sooner or later two or more of those super virus could merge and create something new. One super virus could just change for any number of reasons. The end result would be a so called Armageddon Virus that would attack anything and everything it could get in to. It would be like a dumb version of Skynet. A Armageddon Virus would not try and take over anything but just destroy any programs it came in contact with. Now that could shut down the Internet for sure. Just think what if every program just stopped working..It would not affect any programs on any closed or sealed systems but anything that could be remote accessed would be be risk. Could this happen for real you ask, well more and more people are saying maybe. No matter how you look at it all of this is going to come back and bit us in the rear sooner or later.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outofcontrol
Why do people associate "hacking of a nuclear facility" with "internet"?

I mean... you really know what you're talking about? I dont think so...

Why does the facility has to have internet to be hacked?

Crazy people...

Did you read the other TWO pages?
It's not the "internet."
That's a generic term for an open looped international communication system to the world. LIke phone lines.
You have international phone lines. You have regional lines,and you have local lines.

A "closed loop" system is just phones whithin the internal infrastructure.

Kinda like San Onofre Nuclear Reactor dialing an outside line to call the boss and ask if he should shut down reactor 3.

Once he dials out of the internal phone system, he's connected to any spying or outside world espionage who's trying to tap it.

And? I think some of us know what we're talking about.

It's not the "internet", it's outside of a closed loop communication system.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well if it was us?
How you like our Drone now? Sweet package it was

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Certainly an act of war. Our govt has already declared that a cyber attack on it will be considered an act of war.. fair play that they have just declared war on Iran.

It is so easy these days.. dont even have to get your hands dirty. Mechanized war has taken the sting out of the cost in human life and safety. I believe that all wars should be fought close up and hand to hand like the civil war or even further back. Where our govt feels the sting of war and not the sterility of computer viruses and icbms and etc on the battle fields when you kill the enemy and never get your hands dirty. It would make people think twice about who they are involved with and acts of aggression, soft occupations, and acts of war would be considered much more carefully if it was more personal and not fought in a sterile environment.

These things trouble me.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Advantage because: had to complete my thought!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
As if Iran would do this as a plan to blame a future meltdown on another country, they would never want to see their own country exposed to a nuclear meltdown.
edit on 22/6/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

I agree, but what if Iran's afraid that a meltdown could be caused by the virus(es)? They can at least say "We said it was happening at the start, and now we have a nuclear meltdown poisoning our people and the region as a whole".

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Dooming and glooming on a Friday night. I would have settled for a nice cocktail and good company. Enough of the humor. I got a conspiracy. What if Iran messed up with the operation of their reactor and are blaming others for it with an alleged virus taking over? You know, like trying to save face in the event of an international incident.

It is always the US and Israel. What if it is the Russians attempting to hamper their progress on whatever it is they are doing? They have gone on the record as being not to thrilled about Iran getting a nuclear weapon. Russia has some good hackers. Just some theories of mine on the subject.
edit on 22-6-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't like this at all.

I remember watching this 2hr special on CNN about 2 1/2 years ago about a cyber attack on the US and how the government would respond. Here is the YT link if your curious.

www.youtube.com...

I thought it was bizzare at the time. I think they know in order to pull off another big event they will have to control the internet. Information just spreads too fast at a moments notice and it's impossible to contain.
edit on 22-6-2012 by curious_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I agree, but what if Iran's afraid that a meltdown could be caused by the virus(es)? They can at least say "We said it was happening at the start, and now we have a nuclear meltdown poisoning our people and the region as a whole".

They issued a fair warning about what was happening... the warning was ignored and the attack continued and caused a meltdown. They did say it was happening at the start... so what exactly is the problem there?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

edit on 23-6-2012 by litterbaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Iran needs to hire some IT pros, experts and blackhats to keep the systems defended and image the computers regularly every day so no viruses can get to them...

Lets confuse them before we snuff em out.

THE_PROFESSIONAL
Yeah they could go to like workopolis or monster and round up some talent. Set everyone up in nice digs in tehran.

Brilliant idea.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nothing like another good dose of American and Israeli hate to start the day on ATS!

Nothing has been proven - it's assumption it's the U.S. or Israel. The security must be pretty awful for this to happen. I've worked with companies who don't even allow USB drives, or other external facing connections, for security sake. And yet they have them on critical computers in a nuclear facility? They get an A+ in dumb if that's the case.

It happens all the time you know - recently the U.S. drones were hacked with a virus that was recording all the routes taken by the drone. They had no idea how to get rid of it, no idea how it got there. The U.S. obviously did not put it in its own drones. Ergo, other countries DO have the capability to create such viruses. You'd be surprised how horrible the security is in so many systems, even critical ones. Kind of scary really.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Just heard it from CNN has breaking news .. CNN Video Link

Iran just claimed officialy that it is under a massive cyber attack from the US and Israel
and their nuclear facilities might be at great risk

How responsible from the US and Israel to risk another Fukushima
by sending a virus that can crash vital system of a nuclear site
this could go very wrong .. do they want to kill everyone on Iran by radiations ..

If Iran claim official to the world that it is currently under massive cyber attack
then that must mean something very grave happenned because of that virus
edit on 6/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Didn't Obama already admit it?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Oh Stuxnet! You clever bastard.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Are you truly so stupid to believe anything Iran says. I read how many haters of america are on this forum and it amazes me how gullible they are.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fentanyl
reply to post by Ben81

Are you truly so stupid to believe anything Iran says. I read how many haters of america are on this forum and it amazes me how gullible they are.

You just point out a key part of this whole thing and you do not even realize it.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i dont understand why they dont make their polant w no internet capabilities?

what about all the nujke plants that existed prior to the net?

still i myself hav a bad feeling about iran having a nuke plant. they got all that sun out there, why dont they just go solar?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join