It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfair Campaign PSA: Unfair to be white.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Still trying to decode all the meaning behind this video.
Honestly... It holds truth, but what message are they sending?

Back in Eastern Canada, I never even saw a minority (Except Natives) until I was 10, and never had an African/Asian/Spanish friend until I was well into High School... So I don't recall privledges. Everything just was.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

For reasons I do not understand, white Liberals hate white people. Ever since I was little I've always been told my ancestors were evil people who enslaved anyone of a different color, who were racist and only got ahead because they were white. Of course then I found out my family came from Ireland well after slavery ended. But regardless, we are taught in America to be guilty of being white, especially if you're a male, from a very young age.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

After watching the video I have this to say.

White guilt is alive and well.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
bunch of freaks- I want some of this privilege, how do I go about getting some- maybe I should ask the Obamas how they got their privilege?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Lol wtf was that? Is that a real add ?

S and f for you, I am white, I am not granted special status because I am white. That is retarded, this isn't south africa and the apartide, this is 2012, black president, illegal aliens working right next to me at work, America.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I actually find this way of thinking to be hilarious. Ok white people dont understand racism bc their white is a very cover all statement. I am a white male and grew up in a continuously changing minority neighbourhood. When we first moved there it was a Asian neighborhood. It then slowly changed to a Black neighbourhood and eventually became a Mexican neighbourhood. I was always the minority and was subject to much hatred bc of my color and perceived faults I inherited from my white ancestors. They see that most middle class and lower class community's have moved passed color against color racism, so what better way to keep it going than to tout how white people cant understand racism bc they haven't experienced it. the only answer that logic leads to is to "make" white people understand it by now turning the racism that is fading back against white people. Look at your children people. I still live in a mixed community but now days instead of blacks playing with blacks and mexicans with mexicans I see groups of racially different children playing and bonding. If you just let the hate go you will all feel better.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is the home page to Un-Fair Campaing.org

Racism is an issue that we don’t like talking about. The Un-Fair Campaign was developed to look at racism and to encourage a community dialogue about the causes and solutions. Racism is a complex social issue and depending upon what you see as the causes of racism you have ideas about the solutions. We invite you to spend time on this website and to ask yourself how you may be part of the problem as well as part of the solution.

See it. Know it. Stop it.

Donate Now »

Your financial contributions, clearly, are as important to them as anything else. This is there mission and vision statements:

MISSION

To raise awareness about white privilege in our community, provide resources for understanding and action, and facilitate dialogue and partnership that result in fundamental, systemic change towards racial justice.

VISION

An evolved community free of individual, systemic and institutionalized racism.

This is their perspective:

Our community is proud, resilient, strong and filled with disparities. Duluth School District data for 2010 shows that 80% of white students graduate in four years compared to 34% of Native American students and 25% of African American students. 2010 census data for Duluth shows that 18% of whites live in poverty compared to 67% of Blacks and 56% of Native Americans. Recent data from St. Louis County Public Health and Human Services shows that a person living in one specific area of Duluth can expect to live 11 years longer than a person living in another specific area of Duluth. These statistics should be of concern to every one of us. How is our community going to prosper and grow if such disparities exist? How can we accept such inequality?

These are their definitions:

Definitions:

What is prejudice? The prejudging of a person or situation without sufficient knowledge or facts. Personal and individual beliefs about race that are influenced by the dominant group’s values, practices and beliefs. Anyone can be prejudiced.

What is racism? Racism is more than individual prejudice based on race. Racism is the power of a dominant group, through its systems and institutions, to enforce the dominant culture’s history, values, practices and beliefs. It advantages those in the dominant group and disadvantages those who are not. It results in disparities.

What is white privilege? A set of advantages that are given to people who are part of the majority and dominant group. These opportunities and privileges are often invisible.

Used by permission of the author. Joseph Barndt, Understanding and Dismantling Racism.

White Privilege According to Peggy McIntosh:

White privilege is the unquestioned and unearned set of advantages, entitlements benefits and choices bestowed on people solely because they are white. Generally white people who experience such privilege do so without being conscious of it.

After reading McIntosh's perspective, go back and read the definition of prejudice and since a group of people are advocating McIntosh's attitude go back and read the definition of racism they themselves provide.

Or donate now...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is a stupid ad. There is tons of racism against white people. It's so common that minority comedians can simply go on stage and spout the most racist things against white people and it is acceptable. Look at all of the jokes about white people being horrible at sports.

Man if you want to get discriminated against as a white person simply walk into any McDonalds in Los Angeles. Watch as the quality of service suddenly drops to next to nothing because you are the wrong color and speak the wrong language. Watch as they purposely screw up your order cause you aren't one of them. Watch as they pretend to ignore you and then go right to a minority person and help them but not you. or simply ignore you because as a customer you are not as important as socializing with their friends or other ethnic groups. Watch as your food order comes out late and last as other minorities with the exact same thing that ordered after you are given their meals first. Seriously to say that white people are not discriminated against and that we have it sooooo easy is a joke.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

As a white male (also in Calgary - Small world) I am not sure what this is supposed to mean, should I be offended by this "ad" cause I am.

I'm not privileged and have never been, born to a low class crackhead of father and hardworking wonderful mother. Now I'm all grown up, I struggle to make ends meat so I can pay my bills and rent each month. If this is living the privileged life I'd hate to see those that have it worse off.

If I was EVER privileged it was at the hands of my mother who tried her hardest to give me, her only child, the world while I was growing up.

Needless to say, where are these privileges that "whites" are supposed to have, cause I want them...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
And then to go on and talk about how more white people end up graduating high school than other minorities. well guess what in america schools are free. they even feed you at them, and give you shelter between the hours of 7AM toat least 5 or 6PM monday through friday. All you have to do is find a shelter over your head at night.. and you don't need family to do that. there are plenty of examples of people who persevered in adversity and didn't put blame on other people. There is literally almost no excuse for not getting your GED.

Hey jerkos at un fair.com how come you didn't mention the other minorities that do better in high school than whites like Asians. wanna make a bet more of them graduate high school on average than whites. How come that little fact was not presented. I guess it goes against their agenda to put white people down. And to see white people participating in denigrating themselves is the ultimate example of being lost and clueless. I don't think any ethnic group should ever feel so lost that they should turn on themselves. Recognize your faults and correct them yes. simply walking around with sign saying I am scum for being my race is another thing altogether. No race should do that to themselves. Whats wrong with these people participating in the it's un-fair.com ads?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Multiculturalism is being forced on the West (even though the vast majority of westerners are against it) because in a global marketplace diversity maximizes profits. Nation-states into market-states. Read Philip Bobbit, Shield of Achilles and Terror and Consent.

Follow this "white privilege" stunt up the pipe to the plughole and what you'll find is not a genuine desire for equality and diversity from a compassionate, progressive liberal.
No.

You'll find a hedge fund manager.
edit on 21-6-2012 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is RACISM and against the Consitution. End it now. They're putting up billboards all over the place even on the freeways. Sickening.

Liberals put up billboard calling all white people racist
edit on 22-6-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am still trying to figure out what a white person actually is ? I am of scottish and irish blood but I tan really well so what does that make me? Is a man from Italy white or Azerbaijan ? I know the english actually qualify as white because they eat chalk (kidding). I must admit I am still really confused about racism and don't understand how with so many different skin tones and ethnicity in today's society we lump ourselves into a few silly groups.

I personally think there is an effort to cause racial tension and bitterness to maybe take some of the heat off tptb's asses and keep the sheep alseep.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
WOW.
White Guilt has jumped the shark.
Identity politics always leads to positive things

new topics

top topics

join