It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NewsFlash: Rumors Swirling that CERN will Confirm Existence of Higgs Boson

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

fission,,fussion,,or hydrogen??,,
hmmm. would u be Dr. T. ?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Take your pick I suppose

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

It is indeed a pleasure and i am honored,,

but your wrong,,Oppenhiemer was right,,lol,,
actually dont remember why,, that would stick,
but a question if i might,, u know just too test

e tell er,,ummm,, e,, is it a wave now?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

It was a wave,
until it crashed upon the shore.
Some might call the act brave,
but it is a wave no more.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by BagBing

If they don't actually find something or make-up something, well I guess CERN is going to be the pink elephant in the room.

Far from it. Not finding the Higgs is just as important as actually finding it.

Give me 10 billion dollars and I'll sign a letter saying I didn't find the Higgs Boson, mmmm, 'k. Joking aside, yes, if they don't find the Higgs, that is important as it may create modifications to the standard model so that other predictions can be tested. However, the price tag is incredibly high and it is literally impossible to prove a negative. Therefore a non-answer is not an answer, as not finding the Higgs could be the result of programming/operator error, sensor error, array placement error, magnetic containment error, etc.

Cheers - Dave

All you show is that you don't understand any of this. They are testing the theory, and have already ruled out a large range of places the Higgs could be hiding. If it is not find in the last of the ranges to be tested more scientists will pour through the information, and if no one can find any error, many will move on and make new predictions. Not finding the Higgs is just as important as finding it. You writing something meaningless is just that.

After designing particle accelerators, ring laser systems, adiabatic reactors and a number of other devices that use the practical application of physics, I think I do know where I am coming from ;-) But everyone has a right to their opinion.

Cheers - Dave

And I built the atomic bomb. I find it highly unlikely you can have such a poor understanding of science and be capable of any of that. Your complete lack of understanding is proven in this post, and many others. If you truly do design particle accelerators how do you lack any understanding of what they are doing?

As I said, everyone has an opinion ;-) I look at CERN as being potentially a huge waste of time and resources, but again that's my opinion, Kaku thinks otherwise (and yes I had many discussions with him in the 90's). I tend to lean towards particle degeneracy and he has the opposite tendancy (even though adiabatic reactors have now proven BEC's and I did have the first documented adiabatic reactor in 1993 under NSERC contract). So just go ahead and believe what you want as I know you will ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

It's not about what I want. CERN and other PA have already made contributions, so unless you think they can not provide any data this is about facts, not my fancy.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

As I said, everyone has an opinion ;-) I look at CERN as being potentially a huge waste of time and resources, but again that's my opinion, Kaku thinks otherwise (and yes I had many discussions with him in the 90's). I tend to lean towards particle degeneracy and he has the opposite tendancy (even though adiabatic reactors have now proven BEC's and I did have the first documented adiabatic reactor in 1993 under NSERC contract). So just go ahead and believe what you want as I know you will ;-)

Cheers - Dave

Can you explain what you mean by "learn towards particle degeneracy"?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Tomorrow might be, "The day"?
They'll inform about the Atlas and CMS results, the data of this year will be added by those of 2011..

particularphysics.tumblr.com...

www.geekologie.com...

blog.vixra.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

And this "useless" waste of money which you could have done for free just announced they found a new particle which behaves like the Higgs should at a 4.9 sigma level. So how is that for a "waste"? Proof you have no clue what you are talking about. The data collected will help us understand the universe in possibly new ways beyond anything we imagined. Or lock us into the Standard Model and simply complete it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join