It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natwest/Royal Bank of Scotland Have Not Been Processing Payments for 48 Hours Now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

To be perfectly honestly i'm not sure of the exact method of payment. All I know is my manager has a list of everyones wages and she does it via telephone banking.

Although my friend owes me £40 and we're both Nat West and he's using as an excuse that he can't do an online transfer to me at the moment haha

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by grubblesnert

There are certain rules to storing fuel in the UK. Firstly it has to be stored in an independant building to that of which you sleep and also you have to keep it in containers that are approved. Also there is a limit as to how much you can store. Telling people to store Gasoline without informing them of the proper precautions is a little bit irresponsible.
Yes you are correct!

HEY PEOPLE!!! Before you do anything stupid consult the Goverment for their rules and regulations concerning the decision your considering. Do not think for yourselves as that might result in you going something unwise

P.S. I have what I think in the UK is termed a "shed" and petrol or "Jerry" cans for my gasoline (as we call it over here across the pond). But hey, thanks anyway for looking out for your fellow "Nanny State" citizens

Please keep in mind that independant thought and decision making is a freedom we still currently enjoy in the U.S., at least for the time being.

**P.S.S. No offense intended to my bothers and sisters in the UK (just the OP) There are alot of smart and prepared people on both sides of the Atlantic, also alot on both sides that are not.

Peace to all

edit on 22-6-2012 by grubblesnert because: P.S.S. added

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Sounds like the situation has not been fixed and they are pretending they can see an updated bank balance etc.

Very shady.

I wonder if some "creative" individuals will be going into branches with some nice fibs and taking cash that is not there

Well the way she asked me "do you usually get paid on this date" was like if I didn't or if people couldn't give a date and an amount they get paid, then they wouldn't get their money (or at least there would be a longer process)
The fact that I do get regular income on these dates was enough to say "OK... we'll give you this money and then your own money will be showing within the next few days"

I wonder what people could get away with actually.... how much they really are "working blind" so to speak...

Very very interesting all of this.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert
**P.S.S. No offense intended to my bothers and sisters in the UK (just the OP) There are alot of smart and prepared people on both sides of the Atlantic, also alot on both sides that are not.

Peace to all

There are also a lot of stupid people. and I think the OP was alluding to this story

news.sky.com...

One of our ministers told people to go and buy petrol and store it as it may be running out.
Turns out the only reason it ran out in the end was because of panic buying... and this lady who got burnt was transferring the petrol in her kitchen with the oven on, got burnt because of bad advice.

Not everyone knows how to store flammable liquids properly and not everyone has common sense.

There really are idiots everywhere.
edit on 22/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I've been following this story today, and there is definitely something extremely suspicious about this "glitch".

When I worked in security we worked with a small London bank who had a back-up facility in our town. This was monitored 24/7, maintained and kept live as a continuation of business plan.

Their entire systems were mirrored to this empty office, and if something happened in London they would transfer core staff to this call center and continue as they were.

I cannot believe that a global brand like this would not have a back-up system able to take over complete functionality in the event of a problem. It is ludicrous to believe that they wouldn't be able to continue as they were.

Either way, this is a wake-up call to those who bank with them. They have either done something incredibly stupid or they are lying about the problem. Either does not bode well for their brand or the trust people have in it.

If I were banking with them I would be shutting down my account and moving my services to another bank ASAP. I hope their customers feel the same and actually act on this when they are able to. No one should be banking with a company that isn't able to provide continuation of basic services in a crisis, and no one should be banking with a brand behaving as suspiciously as this.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Know what?

I think you're onto something there..
Especially after what's just happened to me on Twitter, your post got me thinking..
Natwest/RBS paying Twitter to stop tweets???

I do believe that you are correct with your thoughts about them having a back up system with which to operate.
Even more simpler main frame computer systems have backed up data. They use daily, weekly and monthly back ups of all the work done.. just in case.. and even if there is a power cut, they'll have back up batteries to keep the system online..

Anyone operating such major work like this MUST have some form of emergency system.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I've worked in various banks for almost 10 years and the conspiracy side of me already has told my mum to close her account with Natwest.

My rational side thinks this is actually not that suspicious, in all the companies I worked for had one thing in common.... absolutely ridiculous IT infrastructure at least at the desktop forefront... just dodgy patch after dodgy patch and really bad decision making by the board of directors, they would release patches/update software even after the software testing team reported tons of issues.

The only time any of those companies followed my advice is when I documented a monthly lost of almost $100.000 due to problems with a previous patch, within 48hrs of that email to the board/IT management the issue had been fixed... did I get a dime as an incentive to save them money? no... off course not.

I worked at Barclays for almost 5 years, if this was happening with them it would not surprise me... After I worked in all these companies I came up with a saying... "the bigger the 'organisation' the bigger the disorganisation within it"

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
well not good...went into the bank today as i really needed to pay my immigration solicitor..had £850 cash....asked the teller if i put this in here....will i be able to debit it out at 3:00 today as i have to do it by card over the phone....they said no....can't be done....well i call the solicitors and said ok i know there is £500 in the account...i will transfer that over by phone....well lo and behold that service was dead as of 4:30 this day....and got home and tried online....well no luck....so now i am in a bad position....in limbo...Way to go natwest....well will have to spend the weekend in immigration hell....but there is a good side...i decided to check the solicitors out online...and well....not good reviews...so maybe was meant to be....will see new ones on monday....so maybe a good thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Most likley just a computer glitch, but I like to let my imagination run wild some times. A computer virus would cripple the banking industry if left unchecked. It doesnt take much more to set someone off then being told they cant access their money and are unsure when their bank will be back online.

Next thing we know Anonymous is going to take responsibility.. Imagine that

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
We just got a SMS message from our bank RBS that no account updates will happen till Monday the 25th. It never happened to us before.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am with Natwest and it was pay day today, my money wasn't showing this morning, just checked now and it has gone in, my shopping and pub plans tomorrow haven't being ruined. happy days

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
DOWN WITH THE BANKS

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I just read a thread on ATS about EBT Cards not working in California. People depend on EBT to buy food. Something is going down, and this may just be the beginning.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I believe that would be the last time I had money deposited into that bank...

Common sense. Don't get caught with your pants down. You should always have access to your money. The first time that you do not... find another bank.

Only one of these days there won't be any other banks and your money will just go missing, lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

It's such a shame that this will be lost on hundreds of members here!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I am with Natwest and they have not been processing payments for 48 hours now due to a supposed "computer glitch". You can pay money in but it doesn't clear to your account and no new money arrives in your account via any form, be it BACS/cash over counter or Faster Payment service.

Now bearing in mind the bank is in huge losses and is mostly owned by the tax payer due to bailouts, has it simply run out of cash? Somehow I don't see how a bank could let a computer glitch take them down for 2 days.

Thoughts?

I went to the BBC UK site for news on this and it's not just Natwest but other banks. I think there is a liquidity crunch happening and those banks don't have the money. Remember the UK have been awfully quiet about the EU meltdown and the UK banks and financial system is alot more lose than the US in regard to financial transactions.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There has been quantative easing again recently , maybe that related ?

Or , theres a thread here today saying Interpol had put some big London banker person on their wanted list . The Iceland thread .

Whatever ,, thats a mess lol . Hsbc did let me down once , recently , in a similar way . I had filled with petrol and the card was declined . The cashpoint announced "Your financial services provider is currently unavailable" .

I wondered just where my money was or what it was currently doing in the hands of hsbc , and how just a few computerised cashless blips can render a new ferrari as useless as an old banger .

One day , things will be fair ...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Im with Natwest and was able to take enough money out from branch,Got paid 2am Friday morning online banking showing nil.. till about 18:30 Friday evening then was able to pay bills. As far as I know D/D and S/O still go out regardless of what account balance says (prividing money has been paid in from your wages). Any charges you get from late payments Natwest WILL reimbursed you. Shame that when you call It's not freephone. Anyone that works with computers and the transfer of large files from mainframes will know this can happen, and is common. Really don't think this is the same as the Northern Rock/Iceland cases. Don't look for something thats not there.

Life Is What Happens While Your Making Other Plans. JL

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by EvanB

It's such a shame that this will be lost on hundreds of members here!
I got it

She's on my favorite British reality show! Along with that little cute fella.
(give them American accents, Jersey please, and it could become my favorite U.S. reality show)

*sorry could'nt resist

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join