It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackballed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404

The Scouts are actually funded mostly by the Mormons, and I'd like to see any tie between Masonry and Mormonism.

I have a Mormon in my Lodge.

He has mentioned a few times that the rituals are similar to those in Freemasonry, but of course, he won't comment on the details, as Mormons also require vows of fidelity.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi

If you've cast the black ball, what, generally, was your reason or justification for blackballing a candidate?

In my experience, the most common reason for denying a candidate participation in our order is because they are joining for purely business or financial reasons and are expecting to further their careers by joining.

Such candidates will always be disappointed, and won't be much use to the Lodge either. Generally, after a few meetings, they never come back.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
No, it generally means you are a...habitual drunk.

Another bitter Mason who can not have beer at the lodge....

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Some Masons are more priveleged than others after all, it seems.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zhenyghi

In my former Lodge, a couple Brothers blackballed a candidate on his first petition because he was known to be gay, but those of us who supported his application encouraged him to continue coming to meet-ups until he could petition again six months later. In that time the Brethren who initially rejected his candidacy found this man to be a truly good person and they put aside their feelings and dropped the cube on the second ballot. It was a shame that this new Brother had to go through such a process but the outcome was favorable for all and I think a few people learned something from the experience.

edit on 21-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I was wondering if any Freemasons (or anyone else in a fraternal society for that matter) have used the black ball to deny a potential member, or witnessed a vote with a black ball (cast by someone else)?

Witnessed in the sense that I was in-Lodge when it happened. Twice. In successive months. Both were VWs for affiliation and one was a 33rd. A contemptible bit of political back-stabbing as I know both applicants and would stake my life on them. Just goes to show that you can try to make good men better but sometimes some guys are just dicks (referring not to the applicants)

Fitz

p.s. Wondering what the '33rd degree Masons control the world' club will have to say?

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The KCs did away with the black ball in the 60's. Only once did we have someone not approved - didn't even get to a motion to take a vote for that matter. The candidate in question had a notorious felonious past involving theft and fraud.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Masonic Light
No, it generally means you are a...habitual drunk.

Another bitter Mason who can not have beer at the lodge....

ahh... I remember having a nice cold beer on tap with the brethren over at WM Augustus' lodge.

I would have loved to come to your even on June 28 but unfortunately I will be on vacation. WITH the parents :-\.

Anyways, to answer your question, I have been a mason for exactly 1 year from June 6, and I have not seen anyone blackballed... even though I haven't been to many ballots.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
ahh... I remember having a nice cold beer on tap with the brethren over at WM Augustus' lodge.

I guess the Single Malt Scotch slipped your memory...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I forget lots when I drink. Then again I forget a lot when I don't drink.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

I was wondering if any Freemasons (or anyone else in a fraternal society for that matter) have used the black ball to deny a potential member, or witnessed a vote with a black ball (cast by someone else)?

Witnessed in the sense that I was in-Lodge when it happened. Twice. In successive months. Both were VWs for affiliation and one was a 33rd. A contemptible bit of political back-stabbing as I know both applicants and would stake my life on them. Just goes to show that you can try to make good men better but sometimes some guys are just dicks (referring not to the applicants)

Fitz

p.s. Wondering what the '33rd degree Masons control the world' club will have to say?

Just topping the thread as I notice that the'33rd degree Masons control the world' club have been noticeably silent on the matter.

Why would that be, I wonder? I'm waiting with bated breath

Fitz

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Originally posted by Anonymous404

The Scouts are actually funded mostly by the Mormons, and I'd like to see any tie between Masonry and Mormonism.

I have a Mormon in my Lodge.

He has mentioned a few times that the rituals are similar to those in Freemasonry, but of course, he won't comment on the details, as Mormons also require vows of fidelity.

Youth and Smith were Freemasons before they started the LDS church.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join