It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Bunker Made from A Storage Pods Discovered in Ohio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It seems that somebody is getting paranoid. Enough to go out and make their own bunker using Storage Pods. The funny thing is, it seems that it has been there for several months now. It's not that hard to guess excatly whoever did this is preparing for, 2012 anyone? I didn't know what other thread to put this in, so I just stuck it into 2012. MODs, if it's it the wrong place please move it. Thanks.

“We were just walking along exploring the area like we normally do”, explained Sarah Cristo, one of the teenagers who found the bunker. “We noticed that the ground was a bit softer in an area, and that’s when we noticed the ladder.”

The group of four teenagers came upon a small enclosure that lead into what appears to be a small sized storage pod that was used as a type of underground housing unit. It appears as if a large hole was dug into the ground, and the pod was placed in there.

“It appears as if whoever set up this type of underground bunker certainly took their time”, explained park forest ranger, Brad Stuffers. “They would have had to dig the entire hole into the ground, and then place the pod in there. There is also a circular hole cut into the top for easy entrance and exit of the pod.”

Investigators are unsure exactly who owns the unit or how it got there, but it appears as if the underground bunker has been there for several months. There were several items found inside the pod that led people to believe that it would be used on a routine basis.

“We found several survival food supply items, bottled water, and changes of clothing”, explained Stuffers. “There were no personal artifacts or anything that gave us a clear indication of who may have owned this pod or created this underground bunker.”

Whoever did this also went through a lot of trouble to make sure nobody finds out it who was responsible for it. I'm guessing they don't like to be told that they are "paranoid".

Many storage pods have a small tracking device that allows the company they are rented from to track the unit. However, it appears as if the person who owned the unit sawed off the numbers to make them virtually untraceable.

“We tried to find the numbers that would allow us to track the storage unit”, said Stuffers. “But unfortunately the numbers have been filed down so we are unable to read them. The small internal tracking device was also disconnected. We have no way to track it.”

Somebody is going to poop their pants when they find out that their bunker isn't their anymore. They'll probably think the aliens stole it just so "nobody can escape" to the coming events. That's assuming if they don't read the news of coarse.

Park rangers plan on removing the underground bunker as soon as investigators are done searching the unit. It will take almost 4 tons of dirt to fill in the hole that was dug.

Regards,

Source

edit on 20-6-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Message for MODs

edit on 20-6-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Forgot Source

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

In Ohio....I doubt its a bug out joint...but more a lab......I'll leave it at that.....

Highly suspect teens that found it being connected........also.....why turn it in?
This smells funny.....
edit on 20-6-2012 by Doc Holiday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I thinking either drugs or some other smuggling operation personally.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good question "Why did they report it?"
For the attention maybe.
I don't think I would if I found something like that.

link   
The poster who mentioned a "lab" is probably correct. I have known "farmers" who have employed similar methods, with old freight cars.

That said, bunkers or bug out rooms like this are nothing new. I bet a lot of people would be SHOCKED at how many people have taken measures like this.
edit on 20-6-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   

Somebody is going to poop their pants when they find out that their bunker isn't their anymore. They'll probably think the aliens stole it just so "nobody can escape" to the coming events. That's assuming if they don't read the news of coarse.

I can picture it, the man running around in circles just knowing that this was the spot he put it. How could it be gone? The whole time running his shaky hands through his hair making it stand up all crazy looking .

If a couple of teens found the place just wandering around, he didn't do a very good cover up now did he?

ETA - Did I miss the source for this story? Was wandering if there were any pics?

edit on 20-6-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

What part dont you get about there being food supply, water and clothing. Because im sure people that are into making and cultivating drugs would only keep that kind of stuff in there labs, and nothing to do with drugs themselves...
edit on 20-6-2012 by Newagekid2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Ummm maybe because it was in a park? on property that the person who put it there did not own?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Wow the first time I ever forgot to include the source even though I had it on my mind to do so. I guess being with supper being ready, I sort of rushed it through. Thanks for the reminder

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Eh, no harm done. I can't tell you how many times I have to edit my posts. Disappointed there aren't any pics though? I was kinda wanting to see the area they found it in.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well I'm off to dig another hole now.

*#&@!!!

I knew this was going to happen.
See, I thought putting it in a park, no one would find it.
But little do they know I have two more just like that one!

...and I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddlin' kids...
(that was my bad impression of a scooby-doo reference
)

Anywho.
I bet the person who put it there, if it was for a "bunker", probably put alot of effort into it.
I really don't think, althought not 100%, that it was a drug pit.
But I've been wrong before.

It just seems like the year to find all last ditch efforts.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, Im going to guess that they had access to large equipment. Thats a crap ton (pun intended) of dirt to move, and the POD isn't easy to move either, let alone put into a large hole.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

S@F, what a tragic end to an exciting story.

They most likely used a back hoe or something to place it in the ground at their chosen bug out site. What a terrible discovery for the preppers when they find out...

THIS is so important, many people think that heading to the woods will be an easy escape but in all reality unless you own the land it is going to be a bad way to go in shtf scenario.

Also let this be a lesson learned about creating a safe place which will be discovered AND reported...

Now, I would LOVE to know more about the contents, the clothing, the materials and types off food and items stored.

If they were smart, they would have kept their mouths shut, set up perimeter video surveillance and waited this one out to see who the occupants are and what their intentions are...

Interesting find OP

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

The same reason the uhhh...peeeps using it would want to stay hid out......but not from disaster, but paranoia, they need time and don't want to leave... takes a bit of time .....
Sounds bad, I even think this....but where I'm from is the worlds largest problem area......near Ohio....A common issue to find a hide out.....much like the ole moonshiners.....
But I honestly hope it was someones bug out bunker........I truely do!

I really think if it were a prepper, it would not have a ladder poking out of the ground, be a bit more concealed/planned out, if that much work and time was used, its the removing of the units ID #'s and other such things that throw red flags to me.... and ...I dunno, just smells odd.....gut feeling...
To me a prepper would not be outed by some wandering teens......
edit on 20-6-2012 by Doc Holiday because: OCD box

edit on 20-6-2012 by Doc Holiday because: star for you...I do get your point.....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Right, so a bunch of kids found it, didn't take any pics on their cell phones, and reported it instead of keeping it to themselves?
No names are mentioned in the article, and the article has a very convenient link to a storage company randomly placed in the text...
There's no mention of who the land belongs to, or that it would take more than one person to do this. How did they get the pod to the location without someone delivering it, and don't you think the person delivering it would have noticed the huge hole he was putting it into?

You all just got owned. IMO.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Right, so a bunch of kids found it, didn't take any pics on their cell phones, and reported it instead of keeping it to themselves?
No names are mentioned in the article, and the article has a very convenient link to a storage company randomly placed in the text...
There's no mention of who the land belongs to, or that it would take more than one person to do this. How did they get the pod to the location without someone delivering it, and don't you think the person delivering it would have noticed the huge hole he was putting it into?

You all just got owned. IMO.

There's a good chance he's right. Beforeitsnews.com isn't excatly a reliable source. I've even had doubts about this story but with the way it's written it does seem genuine. I hope somebody will actually be able to verify this story with a reliable source.

It's late, but I will look into it tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I thought those POD things were made mostly out of wood and sheeting? Wouldn't make a very good "bunker"

Then again I was researching how to do a root cellar online and saw pictures where someone had dug a huge hole with a backhoe, rolled an old school bus into it, and covered up all but the back with dirt......

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Stupid kids. Probably Mormons or something lol. If me and my friends found something like that when we were younger we would have had parties in there, or set fire to it, or both.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You dont buy those things you rent them. Someone is looking at a pretty hefty bill if this whole 2012 thing doesnt pan out.
On the other hand, I imagine its not for any of the elites because its PODS and they're not even heated.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Anyone famaliar with the story The Beautiful Bones? Doesnt that murder scene come to mind with this ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join