It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified document contradicts Cheney's claim of Iraqi connection to 9/11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Declassified document contradicts Cheney's claim of Iraqi connection to 9/11

www.rawstory.com

A document declassified this week by the National Security Archive reveals that the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) delivered a briefing to the Bush administration which directly contradicts former Vice President Dick Cheney’s claim that 9/11 hijacker Mohamed Atta visited an Iraqi intelligence official in Prague.

The document (PDF), dated Dec. 1, 2001 and delivered to the White House on the 8th, claims that Atta “did not travel to the Czech Republic on 31 May 2000,” and adds that “the individual who attempted to enter the Czech Republic on 31 May 2000… was not the Atta who atta
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Despite this briefing, just days later on Dec. 9, 2001, Cheney told the late Tim Russert, host of Meet the Press, that the meeting in Prague had been “pretty well confirmed.”

Now where I'm from...we call this lying. This cannot stand. Our sons and daughters went to WAR and many died in Iraq based on classified intelligence that is now proven to have been knowingly fabricated.

How dare you Dick.

Even after the CIA had again refuted the link between Iraq and the 9/11 hijacker, Cheney still repeated it during a Sept. 2003 appearance on Meet the Press. Shortly after Russert confronted him with polling that showed as much as 69 percent of Americans believed Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was involved in the Sept. 11 attacks, Cheney responded:

With respect to 9/11, of course, we’ve had the story that’s been public out there. The Czechs alleged that Mohamed Atta, the lead attacker, met in Prague with a senior Iraqi intelligence official five months before the attack, but we’ve never been able to develop anymore of that yet either in terms of confirming it or discrediting it. We just don’t know.

The problem with that now appears to be that the vice president did know the intelligence was bogus, but continued repeating it to support his argument for war. No link was ever established between the Iraqi regime and the attacks of Sept. 11.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-6-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You mean you actually trusted Cheney?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"Well, what we now have that’s developed since you and I last talked, Tim, of course, was that report that’s been pretty well confirmed, that he did go to Prague and he did meet with a senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service in Czechoslovakia last April, several months before the attack. Now, what the purpose of that was, what transpired between them, we simply don’t know at this point. But that’s clearly an avenue that we want to pursue."

- Cheney, December 9, 2001

Of course, after the weapons of mass destruction excuse fell apart, it was only a matter of time before the real lie that lie was hiding was clearly identified.

So, given that we were never truly told why we needed to incur so much debt, and kill so many simply had to happen do we not now question those who are "keeping the secret?"

The next straw will be the complicity of the transnational energy cartel and the global financial industry in the 'process'. It seems that whenever the US arm of the military industrial complex is involved.. they are too.
edit on 20-6-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Yeah, I just assume he's lying.

No matter what he's saying.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Bill Hicks described it best one time, when he said "every word coming out of your mouth is like a turd falling into my drink."

Now, there's any number of politicians that could've been written for.

edit on 20-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
My apologies for not feeling the humor in this revelation. My son spent time there and not on a pleasure trip. Is this what we are to do now...laugh about it? Is this all we have left? We expect treason as a matter of course? Move along and all that?

Not laughing. Not laughing at all. They are though. They are laughing at all of us. You ok with that? I'm a tad bit pissed off actually. In fact...very pissed.

How dare you Dick.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

I wouldn't have trusted Cheney to tell me the time honestly.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

There is a group of people in this world of ours that openly and unashamedly profess that it is the function of the military simply to kill and die. To them, soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen, are nothing but chits on a board, numbers on a spreadsheet. Their agendas and goals do not include a value attributed to "people" as they are, by their very nature, "better than us."

These are the elite. Cheney is among them.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There were still people left who believed Iraq had something to do with 9/11? I take it they are hanging out with the people who still believe Iraq had WMD's?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Cheney is nothing more than a chickenhawk and chickenhawks have their day. Whether here or after, they will feel pain.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I was in a meeting just now in which the local VA hospital reported that nationally the VA is looking to add in 2000 more mental health professionals to "deal with the needs of our war veterans." Of course, I don't speak my mind publicly (as it is harmful to my bank account here in the Bible Belt). But my first thought was, "Do we not realize that if we would stop assaulting other nations without provocation, we would not have to burden people with mental illnesses that the taxpayer will then have to treat?"

As a species, we are very, very stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
All of Bush's cabinet, including Bush himself, were liars, cheaters, and thieves. All of them. I can't remember a presidency corrupted with so many criminal activities. Now, I don't want to get into Obama's problems right now, and he's no peach, but Bush, well, now, he had us all fooled. Everyone thinking he was stupid because of that goofy smile and his inability to speak, well underneath it all, he had the last laugh. What a crook administration.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The knowledge that the meeting in Prague never took place has been public for quite some time now, Cheney as far as I know has also since admitted that this meeting never took place. Even the 9/11 commission looked at this alleged meeting and concluded that it never happened.

For those of you are interested, last month a wrote this thread about the connection between Al-Qa’ida and Iraq.
The Al-Qa'ida Iraq Connection.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I assume that if their mouths are moving...... they are lying ...............In fact we stopped being in the know about 1939, when the mil/Ind complex took over the reins of goverments.....This is not just in America, but many parts of the world are affected by these warlords.....They have diversified into every field of business and banking.
They sit smug in goverments and industries and their "products"kill and maim without discretion.
When the people wake up and demand change they merely switch places and carry on as if nothing has happened.......
They suck our blood and our childrens futures dry of nourishment....we bleed white while they make wealth beyond dreams of avarice........................Cheney will forever be a dirty word among men as time passes he will be remembered for only , the bald faced treasonous lies he told...............and his unending greed.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yeah and we all knew in our hearts that this was the case too. War criminals, every one of them.

I can't think of another issue that causes me to feel more animosity towards President Obama than the fact that no one has been held accountable for lying this nation into the Iraq War and/or instituting torture policies in violation of the Geneva Conventions. Even more than those Wall St. individuals who led us into economic collapse, Cheney and his clan deserve to be prosecuted for their crimes.

So long as no one is held to account for these crimes, why should we expect that they will cease to commit them?

S&F for the OP

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

There is a group of people in this world of ours that openly and unashamedly profess that it is the function of the military simply to kill and die. To them, soldiers, marines, sailors, and airmen, are nothing but chits on a board, numbers on a spreadsheet. Their agendas and goals do not include a value attributed to "people" as they are, by their very nature, "better than us."

These are the elite. Cheney is among them.

Welcome to Earth.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I thought that all the enemies of "The War on Terror" were fabricated? Isn't that evident in the name "War on Terror"? The enemies of humanity are the ones that made all that stuff up in order to justify a real war on sovereign nations and people.

Most of those are behind the scenes. The spokespersons are just frontmen (like Bush, Cheney, etc.) The real enemy are the ones behind the scenes raking in the dough. The stack of money they sit on is so big, they can afford any army, any politician or corporation to do their bidding. And their bidding is to keep us all in the dark. To keep us all just free enough to earn, but just oppressed enough so that we can't do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I fail to see the shock value in the fact that Cheney and Bush lied ..... Canadians knew this at the outset, hence Chretien's decision to decline the US's request to enter into the invasion of Iraq, which I may remind you was an act that Kofi Annan deemed to be "illegal".....
United Nations Security Council and the Iraq War

I wanted to clarify that it wasn't a "request" for us to join the US, but his declaration that "you're either with us, or against us"...
edit on 20-6-2012 by meemaw because: clarification on a point..

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
These men deserve a long short rope and a high lamp post.
Nothing short of treason.
Nothing short of mass murder.
Nothing short of crimes against humanity.

Thankfully, Cheney has no heart! he will meet his maker one day as will bush and they will have to answer for their crimes.

Being religous means they know this..

<<   2 >>

join